Connect with us

Los Angeles, Ca

Loved ones search for missing 21-year-old Southern California man with special needs

Published

on

Loved ones search for missing 21-year-old Southern California man with special needs

Loved ones are searching for a Los Angeles County man with special needs who has been missing for nearly a month.

Davyon Demonte Valencia, 21, was reported missing on April 23, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

Valencia, who is considered at-risk, was last seen on the 400 block of East 126th Street in the Willowbrook neighborhood of South L.A.

He is 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighs 115 pounds. He has brown eyes and brown hair and was last seen wearing a black sweater and blue sweatpants.

Davyon Demonte Valencia, 21, was last seen in South Los Angeles on April 23, 2026. (Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department)

He may have been heading to the 12000 block of South Broadway or the 900 Block of East El Segundo Boulevard in L.A. when he disappeared.

Advertisement

They have not heard from him since and are very concerned for his well-being.

Anyone who may know Valencia’s whereabouts or has information on the case can call LASD’s Missing Persons Detail at 323-890-5500.

Anonymous tips can be provided to L.A. Regional Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or online at lacrimestoppers.org.

Advertisement

Los Angeles, Ca

2 red-tailed hawk nestlings rescued after 63-foot fall in Santa Clarita

Published

on

2 red-tailed hawk nestlings rescued after 63-foot fall in Santa Clarita

Two red-tailed hawk nestlings are recovering after falling nearly 63.5 feet from their nest at a Santa Clarita city facility, officials said Wednesday.

The young birds were discovered last week beneath a tree at the City Hall Corporate Yard parking lot, according to the City of Santa Clarita. Staff members quickly contacted the Ojai Raptor Center, which agreed to take in the injured hawks for treatment and rehabilitation.

A city employee then carefully transported the nestlings to the nonprofit wildlife rehabilitation center, officials said.

Photos shared by the city show the fluffy young hawks alert and recovering inside temporary enclosures as they receive care.

  • Two rescued red-tailed hawk nestlings in Santa Clarita after falling from a nest before being transported for rehabilitation.
  • A rescued red-tailed hawk nestling sits on pavement in Santa Clarita after falling from a nest before being transported for rehabilitation.

The hawks are currently being treated by veterinarians and will remain hospitalized while their injuries heal.

“Once medically cleared, they will transition to larger outdoor flight enclosures where they can strengthen their wings and practice essential flying and hunting skills before eventually being released back into their natural habitat,” the city said in a social media post.

Advertisement

Red-tailed hawks are among the most common birds of prey in Southern California and are frequently seen soaring over neighborhoods, open space and roadways.

Officials did not specify the extent of the nestlings’ injuries or when they are expected to be released back into the wild.

Continue Reading

Los Angeles, Ca

Southern California jeweler accused of stealing $1.5 million from customers through Rolex watch scam

Published

on

Southern California jeweler accused of stealing .5 million from customers through Rolex watch scam

A Southern California jeweler allegedly stole nearly $1.5 million from customers through a fraud scheme involving Rolex watch sales.

Nelson Andres Holdo is accused of scamming 22 victims in Orange and Los Angeles counties from 2021 to 2026, according to the California Attorney General’s Office.

Prosecutors said Holdo specifically targeted buyers who wanted to purchase high-end Rolex models priced between $50,000 and $100,000. 

He would falsely promise to source the clients’ requested watches through his overseas brokers and would convince customers to wire him the full purchase price upfront, prosecutors said.

Advertisement

The victims were told that the watches would arrive within four to six weeks. When the timeline lapsed and no watches arrived, Holdo would reportedly offer “endless excuses and reassurances as the weeks turned into months,” investigators said.

“When buyers finally demanded their money back, the jeweler agreed to issue refunds, but ultimately pocketed the cash, leaving most victims without their money,” court documents said.

Holdo was also accused of not paying a watch distributor for high-end watches that were sold to him, worth over $400,000.

Holdo was charged with grand theft, writing a fraudulent check and other white-collar crime enhancements.

The case will be prosecuted by the California Department of Justice. The DOJ received assistance from the Newport Beach Police Department in the investigation.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Los Angeles, Ca

Sandy Fire forces evacuation of nearly 44,000 Simi Valley residents

Published

on

Sandy Fire forces evacuation of nearly 44,000 Simi Valley residents

More than 43,000 Simi Valley residents are under evacuation orders, while hundreds of others under evacuation warnings wait to see if they are next as the stubborn, wind-whipped Sandy Fire continues to rage.

The fire erupted around 10:45 a.m. Monday in the area of Sandy Avenue, before quickly spreading amid gusty winds and burning a home on Trickling Brook Court to the ground, as well as two vehicles that were outside the residence.

As of Cal Fire’s latest advisory at 9:30 p.m. Tuesday night, the fire has scorched nearly 1,700 acres, with firefighters gaining 5% containment on the blaze.

While cooler overnight temperatures diminished the intensity of the fire, unpredictable winds proved a challenge, igniting a spot fire that forced Ventura County Fire Department officials to deploy more than 100 additional firefighters, bringing the total to 869 crew members battling the blaze.

Firefighters from several different agencies made structure protection their top priority, preventing flames from encroaching on homes with combined ground and air assaults.

Advertisement

Many residents under evacuation warnings have already left their homes, though many others, like Tadd Wooton, have chosen to remain and keep a close eye on the conditions.

  • Sandy Fire
  • Sandy Fire
  • Sandy Fire Simi Valley firing operations
  • Sandy Fire Simi Valley
  • Sandy Fire
  • Sandy Fire structure burning
  • Sandy Fire Simi Valley
  • Sandy Fire
  • Sandy Fire home destroyed

“We’ve got a good fire break here, so we’re not leaving,” he told KTLA’s Chris Wolfe. “We’re hoping for the best. It is a little scary, but the wind is going the other direction. So, we’re going to wait it out. We’ve got the cars packed and ready to go.”

Chris Martinez told KTLA that while they are under evacuation orders, they plan to wait and see if the fire gets worse and, if so, they will be ready to go.

“We have our bags ready and we’ll be ready to go if needed,” he explained. “I want to thank all the firefighters. They are truly one of our greatest heroes.”

One resident shared time-lapse footage from her doorbell camera that shows just how fast clear skies devolved into a firestorm barreling through the neighborhood, chasing people and their pets out of their homes.

“You saw what we got engulfed by,” Jen Borrow, who shared the footage with KTLA, said. “It was like the middle of a tornado.”

Advertisement

Officials with Simi Valley Unified School District announced that all campuses will be closed Wednesday, with only essential personnel reporting for work.

The cause of the fire remains under investigation.

Evacuation orders have been added to areas east of the fire. All residents are encouraged to sign up for emergency alerts through the Ventura County website.

Additional information on the Sandy Fire can be found through Cal Fire advisories.

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending