Connect with us

Southwest

Houston manhunt ends: Suspect accused of fatally shooting deputy is shot and killed by police

Published

on

Houston manhunt ends: Suspect accused of fatally shooting deputy is shot and killed by police

A Houston manhunt ended Wednesday evening when police shot and killed the suspect they said fatally shot a deputy who was trying to serve a warrant. 

Houston Police said 56-year-old Robert Lee Davis, also known as Christopher Davis, was wanted in connection to the deputy’s death.

“A short time ago, the suspect was shot by law enforcement officers behind the businesses near the original shooting scene here on Stella Link,” police said in a post on X. “The suspect is deceased.”

Houston Mayor John Whitmire and Houston Police Chief J. Noe Diaz said earlier in the day that Brazoria County Sheriff’s Deputy Jesus Jesse Vargas was killed after being shot in the head while serving a warrant on a repeat offender.

US BORDER PATROL REPORTEDLY CAPTURES RUSSIAN MERCENARY CARRYING DRONE, 2 PASSPORTS AND $4K

Advertisement

Brazoria County Sheriff’s Office Deputy Jesus Vargas was shot and killed while serving a warrant on behalf of the U.S. Marshals. (Brazoria County Sheriff’s Office)

“This afternoon, we lost a local hero in Deputy Sheriff Vargas from the Brazoria County Sheriff’s Office,” Whitmire said.

The shooting happened in the parking lot of a Dollar General store at about 11:30 a.m.

Vargas and his partner were serving a warrant on the offender in the parking lot, and when they approached the fugitive’s vehicle, he reportedly opened fire and fled the scene.

Vargas was working as a member of the U.S. Marshal’s Gulf Coast Violent Offenders Task Force at the time of the shooting, according to authorities.

Advertisement

SUSPECTED MS-13 GANG MEMBER NABBED IN TEXAS, CHARGED IN EL SALVADOR MURDER

Robert-Lee-Davis-2

Houston police said suspect Robert Lee Davis was shot and killed by police.  (Houston Police)

Officials said Vargas was shot in the head.

Vargas was taken to Ben Taub Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Vargas was a 17-year veteran of the force and leaves behind a wife and three children, authorities said.

HOUSTON PIMP WANTED FOR HUMAN TRAFFICKING APPREHENDED AFTER BEING ADMITTED TO HOSPITAL

Advertisement
Robert-Lee-Davis-1

The search for Robert Lee Davis ended Wednesday evening when police said he was shot and killed by authorities. Davis was wanted in connection to the fatal shooting of Brazoria County Sheriff’s Deputy Jesus Vargas. (Houston Police)

Harris County Constable Alan Rosen posted on X that his department was aiding in the search for the suspect.

“We are praying for the officer shot while serving a warrant this morning,” Rosen wrote. “Please keep this officer and his family in your prayers!!!! I have deputies attached to this task force who are out searching for the suspect with our other law enforcement partners!”

Prior to being found, police released a photo of Davis, who was last seen wearing a blue Nike hoodie with white lettering, blue jeans, and blue sneakers.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Houston assisted police in the search for Davis. 

Advertisement

Read the full article from Here

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Southwest

Tech-addicted teens plot to stab mom for turning off Wi-Fi: police

Published

on

Tech-addicted teens plot to stab mom for turning off Wi-Fi: police

Three Texas teens are behind bars for what police say was an attempt to murder their mother following a household squabble over internet permissions. 

The siblings – ages 14, 15 and 16 – allegedly coordinated to kill their mother after she turned off their Wi-Fi access, Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said in a social media post

On March 23, deputies responded to a disturbance in the 3400 block of Barkers Crossing Avenue in Houston.

GRANDPA SHOT DEAD INSIDE MCDONALD’S IN BLUE CITY WHILE GETTING HAPPY MEALS FOR GRANDKIDS 

Three Texas siblings are facing charges after they allegedly conspired to stab their mother to death after she turned off the Wi-Fi. (iStock)

Advertisement

When officers arrived, they discovered the three teens had allegedly attempted to stab their mother by grabbing kitchen knives and chasing her through the house and into the street, where she was then struck by a brick, according to Gonzalez. 

Their grandmother attempted to protect the teens’ mother, but was knocked over in the scuffle. 

CALIFORNIA MAN STABBED OUTSIDE STARBUCKS IN APPARENT ROAD RAGE ATTACK: POLICE

A person carries a large kitchen knife

The three Texas teens allegedly chased their mother with kitchen knives before throwing a brick at her, according to police. (iStock)

The three siblings were arrested and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. They are currently being held in the Harris County Juvenile Detention Center. 

Neither the teens’ mother, nor their grandmother, were seriously injured during the incident. Due to their ages, no further information has been released. 

Advertisement
HCSO squad car file

The Harris County Sheriff’s Office arrested the teenagers. (Scott Halleran/Getty Images)

The Harris County Sheriff’s Office did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital’s request for comment. 

Read the full article from Here

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Southwest

Albuquerque GOP headquarters targeted in alleged arson: 'Direct assault on our values'

Published

on

Albuquerque GOP headquarters targeted in alleged arson: 'Direct assault on our values'

The entrance to the Republican Party headquarters in Albuquerque was destroyed in an alleged arson attack and vandalism attempt, according to the organization.

The alleged incident happened early Sunday morning after the organization shared images showing the damage to the entryway of the building.

The Albuquerque Fire Department also confirmed the alleged attack, saying they were dispatched to the call right before 6 a.m. and said the fire was brought under control within five minutes of fire crews’ arrival, the department said in a post on their Facebook page.

The structure suffered damage to the front entryway and smoke damage throughout the building, the department said, and added that there were no injuries to civilians or firefighters reported.

TESLA VEHICLES, DEALERSHIPS TARGETED WITH ARSON, GUNFIRE AND VANDALISM IN AT LEAST 9 STATES: FBI

Advertisement

The Republican Party of New Mexico’s headquarters in Albuquerque were part of an alleged arson attempt, according to the organization.  (X/@NewMexicoGOP)

The fire department, along with the Albuquerque Police Department, said this is an active and ongoing joint FBI/ATF investigation. 

Republican Party of New Mexico Chairwoman Amy Barela shared the images in a post on X, claiming the alleged vandalism was “a deliberate act of arson which also included spray-painting the words ‘ICE=KKK.’

Alleged vandalism at GOP HQ in Albuquerque

Officials confirm there is an active and ongoing investigation into an alleged arson attempt at the Republican Party of New Mexico’s headquarters in Albuquerque. (X/@NewMexicoGOP)

“This horrific attack, fueled by hatred and intolerance, is a direct assault on our values, freedoms, and our right to political expression,” Barela wrote. 

BACKLASH MOUNTS TOWARDS KIMMEL, ABC AS CRITICS ACCUSE LIBERAL HOST OF EXCUSING TESLA ARSON ATTACKS

Advertisement

Barela continued, stating that this alleged action “is not an isolated incident.”

“It is part of a disturbing pattern of politically motivated violence that has plagued our country—fueled in part by the silence and implicit encouragement from progressive leaders who refuse to condemn these acts,” Barela said.

TABLES TURNED ON LOS ANGELES ARSON SUSPECT IN CAUGHT-ON-CAM TAKEDOWN: ‘WRONG NEIGHBORHOOD, BUDDY’

AFD investigating alleged arson attempt

The Albuquerque Fire Department was called to an alleged arson attempt at the Republican Party of New Mexico’s headquarters in Albuquerque early Sunday morning.  (Albuquerque Fire Department Facebook)

The chairwoman added that they are working closely with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), local law enforcement, and federal investigators and “are committed to providing every piece of evidence necessary to bring those responsible to justice and ensure they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.”

“We are deeply relieved that no one was harmed in what could have been a tragic and deadly attack,” the chairwoman wrote.

Advertisement

“Those who resort to violence to undermine our state and nation must be held accountable, and our state leaders must reinforce through decisive action that these cowardly attacks will not be tolerated.”

HAVE A NEWS TIP? CLICK HERE

In response to the organization’s claims, a spokesperson for the Democratic Party of New Mexico told Fox News Digital that they condemn any actions taken against the GOP and hope whoever is responsible for the alleged attack is caught. 

“The Democratic Party of New Mexico condemns any vandalism at the Republican Party of New Mexico headquarters as strongly as possible,” the statement read.

“We firmly maintain that this sort of act has absolutely no place in our Democracy, and that peaceful discourse and organization are the only ways to approach political differences in our country. We hope whoever is responsible is found and held accountable.”

Advertisement

Fox News Digital reached out to FBI Albuquerque for comment, but did not immediately receive a response. 

Stepheny Price is a writer for Fox News Digital and Fox Business. She covers topics including missing persons, homicides, national crime cases, illegal immigration, and more. Story tips and ideas can be sent to stepheny.price@fox.com

Read the full article from Here

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Southwest

Chicken salad sandwich sold in vending machines recalled, plus brioche bread, too

Published

on

Chicken salad sandwich sold in vending machines recalled, plus brioche bread, too

A recall has been issued for a chicken salad sandwich containing undeclared milk that was mainly sold in vending machines in Georgia and South Carolina, while a separate recall was issued because of undeclared allergens in a Texas company’s brioche bread products.

Cromer Food Services (CFS), with headquarters in Anderson, South Carolina, announced the chicken salad sandwich recall several days ago, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

The recall is for all lots of CFS’s Chicken Salad on White sandwich with UPC codes 31166 and 13172. 

LIQUID EGG FOOD PRODUCTS ARE RECALLED, MAY HAVE BEEN DISTRIBUTED NATIONWIDE

These sandwiches were distributed between Dec. 26, 2024, and March 24, 2025.

Advertisement

They were sold primarily in micro-markets and vending machines in Georgia and South Carolina, according to the FDA recall notice.

The Chicken Salad on White sandwiches with the UPC codes of 31166 and 13172 has been recalled. (U.S. Food and Drug Administration)

The FDA notified CFS during a routine inspection last week that the label for the chicken salad sandwich “failed to include the ingredients for the bread, which contains the allergen milk.”

The use-by-date for the sandwich with the UPC code of 31166 was Jan. 3, 2025, while the use-by-date for the sandwich with the UPC code of 13172 is April 1, 2025.

No illnesses have been reported, according to the FDA.

Advertisement

Anyone who purchased these sandwiches is “urged to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund or they may discard the product.”

In a separate announcement, the Dallas-based Bakery Group last week issued a recall for hundreds of cases of brioche loaves and hamburger buns that may contain undeclared milk, soy and yellow dye No. 5.

The Bakery Group said 629 cases of the Dense Brioche Pullman loaves with the product code 654203 and 104 cases of Brioche HB Buns with the product code 54500 have been recalled.

On the left is the label for the recalled Brioche Pullman Loaf sold at Rodeo Goat Casa Linda stores. On the right is the label for the recalled 4.5-inch Brioche HB Buns sold at the Ben E. Keith Co.

The Bakery Group in Dallas issued a recall on hundreds of cases of brioche loaves and hamburger buns sold to Rodeo Goat Casa Linda stores and the Ben E. Keith Co. (U.S. Food and Drug Administration)

Both products were sold to the Ben E. Keith Co. in Fort Worth and Rodeo Goat Casa Linda stores in Dallas for wholesale distribution between Dec. 24, 2024, and March 12, 2025, according to the FDA’s recall notice.

Advertisement

The Bakery Group initiated a voluntary recall on March 25 after a routine inspection by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission, and the FDA announced the recall three days later.

For more Lifestyle articles, visit www.foxnews.com/lifestyle

People with an allergy or severe sensitivity to soy, wheat milk or yellow dye No. 5 “run the risk of possible serious allergic reaction” if they consume the products, according to the notice.

The Dense Brioche Pullman loaves are packaged seven in a case and the 4.5-inch Brioche HB Buns are packaged 48 in a case.

A close-up view of a chicken salad sandwich, left, and a close-up view of a loaf of brioche bread, right.

The FDA announced recalls of a South Carolina company’s chicken salad sandwich and a Texas company’s brioche bread products. (iStock)

The Bakery Group said the improper labeling “was caused by human error in our labeling and packaging department” and had been corrected as of March 19.

Advertisement

Fox News Digital reached out to the Bakery Group and CFS seeking comment on the recalls.

Read the full article from Here

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending