Finance
Man in finance: From couch to David Guetta remix
By Eleanor Doyle, Riyah Collins, BBC Newsbeat
Kat PageHere’s a test. Finish the sentence.
“I’m looking for a man in finance…”
If your brain added “with a trust fund. Six-five. Blue eyes”, congratulations. You’re one of the millions of who’s been earwormed by Megan Boni.
That’s the viral song sample poking fun at the concept of an “ideal man” she recorded back in April that’s taken over TikTok in the weeks since.
Megan, better known as Girl on Couch shared the video with the caption: “Did I just write the song of the summer?”
Forty million views later, it’s inspired hundreds of remixes and parodies, with high-profile names including Billie Eilish’s brother Finneas making their own videos based around the 19-second clip.
DJs, brands and even Singapore’s Ministry of Defence got in on the trend.
Now Megan’s hoping to storm the charts with a single she’s recorded alongside superstar DJ David Guetta.
But despite what she says in her TikTok, tells BBC Newsbeat she’s not actually looking for a tall banker with a deep wallet.
“I doubt we would work”, she says.
Allow TikTok content?
The 27-year-old New Yorker tells Newsbeat the idea for the meme came out of dating app fatigue.
Bored of complaining about being single, she started jotting down some lyric ideas in her notes app.
“Dating apps are making dating so much more impossible because they’re really raising everyone’s standards,” Megan says.
“So I was just trying to make fun of girls like myself who complain about being single but then have this laundry list of impossible needs.”
Some people complained that the track objectifies men, but Megan brushes off the accusation.
“I think it’s so funny when these men are like ‘If a guy wrote a song like this about a woman…’
“Guys write songs about women all the time,” she says.
“It is a joke. I didn’t think a man with these criteria existed.”
Megan BoniWhile Megan says she “couldn’t be less interested in dating”, she also says she’s not too bothered about launching a music career.
Universal Music Group – the label behind some of the world’s biggest stars including Taylor Swift, Harry Styles and Ariana Grande – has offered her a publishing deal.
It means she can make some money off royalties from the song, which she says hasn’t so far been as profitable as some people assume.
“I have made money from it, just not through the uses on TikTok,” she says, which anyone can feature for free.
Megan now has more than a quarter of a million followers on the app and tells Newsbeat after she posted the original video, “in the span of a week, my life was flipped upside down”.
She says she was also offered a deal to make a full album but decided to turn it down.
“I was like: ‘what makes you think I can write a song? What makes you think I could write an album?’” she says.
“I’m such an unserious person.
“I don’t fit. I’m just not interested in writing music.”
Allow TikTok content?
Instead, she’s happy to just let the song have its moment online.
“The sequel’s never as good as the original,” she says.
“There’s no way that I come out with another two-second song and it blows up as big so I’m not too stressed about doing that.
“So for the summer, I’ll ride the wave of the song and I’ll party.”
It’s working out pretty well so far for Megan, who recently flew to Las Vegas to perform the track alongside David Guetta and US dance duo The Chainsmokers.
“I keep thinking I can’t get any more excited,” she says. “And then new stuff just keeps happening.”
Once the hype dies down, she says, acting and comedy are what she really hopes to pursue.
“It was never my dream to be a musician,” she says.
“I’m so lucky that this happened but I’m really trying to use it to do something that I love.
“My dream would be to be on Saturday Night Live. That’s the goal.”
She admits she feels a “little bit bad” about her overnight success though.
“Some artists try to get a record deal their whole lives and I was just sitting on my couch,” she says.
“But that’s how it happens, it’s how the internet works. It’s wild.”

Listen to Newsbeat live at 12:45 and 17:45 weekdays – or listen back here.
Finance
Ally Financial Sees 2026 Margin Rebound, Targets Mid-Teens Returns at BofA Conference
Finance
Blackstone backs Neysa in up to $1.2B financing as India pushes to build domestic AI infrastructure | TechCrunch
Neysa, an Indian AI infrastructure startup, has secured backing from U.S. private equity firm Blackstone as it scales domestic compute capacity amid India’s push to build homegrown AI capabilities.
Blackstone and co-investors, including Teachers’ Venture Growth, TVS Capital, 360 ONE Assets, and Nexus Venture Partners, have agreed to invest up to $600 million of primary equity in Neysa, giving Blackstone a majority stake, Blackstone and Neysa told TechCrunch. The Mumbai-headquartered startup also plans to raise an additional $600 million in debt financing as it expands GPU capacity, a sharp increase from the $50 million it had raised previously.
The deal comes as demand for AI computing surges globally, creating supply constraints for specialized chips and data center capacity needed to train and run large models. Newer AI-focused infrastructure providers — often referred to as “neo-clouds” — have emerged to bridge that gap by offering dedicated GPU capacity and faster deployment than traditional hyperscalers, particularly for enterprises and AI labs with specific regulatory, latency, or customisation requirements.
Neysa operates in this emerging segment, positioning itself as a provider of customized, GPU-first infrastructure for enterprises, government agencies, and AI developers in India, where demand for local compute is still at an early but rapidly expanding stage.
“A lot of customers want hand-holding, and a lot of them want round-the-clock support with a 15-minute response and a couple of our resolutions. And so those are the kinds of things that we provide that some of the hyperscalers don’t,” said Neysa co-founder and CEO Sharad Sanghi.
Ganesh Mani, a senior managing director at Blackstone Private Equity, said his firm estimates that India currently has fewer than 60,000 GPUs deployed — and it expects the figure to scale up nearly 30 times to more than two million in the coming years.
That expansion is being driven by a combination of government demand, enterprises in regulated sectors such as financial services and healthcare that need to keep data local, and AI developers building models within India, Mani told TechCrunch. Global AI labs, many of which count India among their largest user bases, are also increasingly looking to deploy computing capacity closer to users to reduce latency and meet data requirements.
Techcrunch event
Boston, MA
|
June 23, 2026
The investment also builds on Blackstone’s broader push into data center and AI infrastructure globally. The firm has previously backed large-scale data centre platforms such as QTS and AirTrunk, as well as specialized AI infrastructure providers including CoreWeave in the U.S. and Firmus in Australia.
Neysa develops and operates GPU-based AI infrastructure that enables enterprises, researchers, and public sector clients to train, fine-tune, and deploy AI models locally. The startup currently has about 1,200 GPUs live and plans to sharply scale that capacity, targeting deployments of more than 20,000 GPUs over time as customer demand accelerates.
“We are seeing a demand that we are going to more than triple our capacity next year,” Sanghi said. “Some of the conversations we are having are at a fairly advanced stage; if they go through, then we could see it sooner rather than later. We could see in the next nine months.”
Sanghi told TechCrunch that the bulk of the new capital will be used to deploy large-scale GPU clusters, including compute, networking and storage, while a smaller portion will go toward research and development and building out Neysa’s software platforms for orchestration, observability, and security.
Neysa aims to more than triple its revenue next year as demand for AI workloads accelerates, with ambitions to expand beyond India over time, Sanghi said. Founded in 2023, the startup employs 110 people across offices in Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
Finance
Why doing everything right no longer protects Canadian families from financial triage
It’s 2026, and most Canadian households aren’t asking how to get ahead — they’re asking how to avoid falling further behind. Fuelled by a quiet frustration and the common refrain behind this anxiety: If I’m doing everything right, why does it still feel like I’m losing ground?
For Stacy Yanchuk Oleksy, CEO of Money Mentors, that sentiment shows up daily in conversations she and her colleagues have with Canadians. These aren’t people who spend wildly; these are Canadians who have already cut spending, already tightened their budget and already done all the tasks required for responsible money management.
As Yanchuk Oleksy pointed out during an interview with Money.ca, the anxiety illustrates a subtle shift in how Canadians are handling the ongoing pressure of higher living costs, where families once talked about budgeting, now the discussion is brinkmanship — deciding what can’t be paid this month, not what should be paid.
These are the households already living lean — and still slipping.
For years, personal finance advice centred on discipline: Track your spending, pay down debt, avoid lifestyle creep.
But many families have reached a point where discipline alone no longer moves the needle.
“For households already stretched, stability just means the pressure isn’t getting worse — not that it’s getting better,” explains Yanchuk Oleksy.
With interest rates staying elevated longer than expected and everyday costs still stubbornly high, the margin for error has disappeared. Even small disruptions — a car repair, dental bill or temporary loss of overtime — can tip a household from “managing” to “making trade-offs.”
That’s when budgeting turns into triage.
Read more: Canadians spent $183B on dining and clothes in 2024. Prioritize these 4 critical investments instead and watch your net worth skyrocket
In practice, financial triage means deciding which obligations get paid first — and which get deferred.
“Families cut out anything non-essential — less food in the grocery cart, no dining out, pulling kids from activities, postponing travel — while still relying on credit to cover basics like utilities, school costs, or transportation,” says Yanchuk Oleksy. “Further down the line,” she said, “it looks like parents deciding which credit card or line of credit gets paid — and which one doesn’t.”
-
Alabama1 week agoGeneva’s Kiera Howell, 16, auditions for ‘American Idol’ season 24
-
Illinois1 week ago2026 IHSA Illinois Wrestling State Finals Schedule And Brackets – FloWrestling
-
Technology1 week agoApple might let you use ChatGPT from CarPlay
-
Culture1 week agoTry This Quiz on Passionate Lines From Popular Literature
-
News1 week ago
Hate them or not, Patriots fans want the glory back in Super Bowl LX
-
Politics1 week agoVirginia Dems take tax hikes into overtime, target fantasy football leagues
-
Politics1 week agoWest Virginia worked with ICE — 650 arrests later, officials say Minnesota-style ‘chaos’ is a choice
-
Science1 week agoTorrance residents call for the ban of ‘flesh-eating’ chemical used at refinery