South-Carolina
Second Chevy Avalance tied to accused murderer Rex Heuermann impounded in South Carolina

A second Chevy Avalanche tied to accused Gilgo Beach killer Rex Heuermann was impounded by cops in South Carolina and hauled away by New York State troopers.
The car was strapped to the back of a New York State police flat-bed truck and driven out of a secluded property owned by Heuermann and his brother — and is now part of the ongoing probe into the grisly Long Island murders of at least three New York women, pictures obtained by Fox News show.
Another model of the distinctive vehicle was pulled from the accused killer’s home in Massapequa Park over the weekend — and is part of a key tip that helped cops break new ground on the 13-year-old murder case.
The vehicle was taken to a lot at the local sheriff’s office, who confirmed to The Post that the vehicle had been impounded under a court order.
“During the investigation and prior to the arrest the Chester County Sheriff’s Office was requested by the Gilgo Beach Task Force to assist in gathering evidence in Chester County relevant to their investigation,” the South Carolina department said on Facebook Monday.
“The Chester County Sheriff’s Office has and will continue to work closely with the Federal Bureau of Investigation and Suffolk County law enforcement authorities during this very important and arduous investigation,” the sheriff’s office said.

The office did not respond to a request for additional details from The Post on Tuesday.
Property records show Heuermann bought the secluded 5-plus-acre property at 1031 Rippling Brooke Drive, which is about 50 miles south of Charlotte, in 2021 for just over $154,000.
Craig Heuermann, the accused killer’s brother, is listed as the occupant of the property.

A Chevy Avalanche was part of the crucial tip in the Long Island murder cold case which led to Heuermann’s arrest — but had been ignored by cops until the investigation was reopened and re-examined last year.

A pimp for Amber Lynn Costello, one of four women found dead in 2010 in a marshy stretch of the South Shore not far from Heuerman’s home, had described the car to police after the murders.
A joint state and county task force tracked down the car’s registration and, coupled with eye-witness accounts, phone records and even DNA plucked from discarded pizza crus, tracked down Heuermann.
It is not clear which of the vehicles — the one from South Carolina or the one from Heuermann’s Massapequa Park home — was the one identified by the pimp.

South-Carolina
Supreme Court reviews South Carolina bid to defund Planned Parenthood

Planned Parenthood leaders in the Bay Area are closely monitoring a United States Supreme Court case that could have a major impact on women’s health care, including in some case whether the patient gets to choose their doctor.
The case involves South Carolina’s attempt to strip Planned Parenthood of Medicaid funding.
“The impacts will be felt in communities that already have a lack of access to primary health care in obstetrics and gynecological care,” said Mary Zeigler, a law professor at the University of California, Davis. “And there won’t be a recourse if the Supreme Court rules the way South Carolina wants them to.”
Competing activists gathered Wednesday in front of the White House sounding off on funding for Planned Parenthood. While the protests occurred while the high court heard oral arguments in the South Carolina case to determine whether Medicaid users can sue in order to pick their preferred health care provider, including Planned Parenthood.
In a statement, the president of the Planned Parenthood Northern California said “If the court sides with these efforts it could give other states the green light to discriminate against providers with patients suffering the most by the loss of health care services they need.”
The case dates back to an earlier South Carolina decision that stripped state funding from Planned Parenthood because it provides abortion services.
The U.S. Supreme Court is expected to rule on the case by June.
South-Carolina
Charges dropped against Chicago man accused of assaulting South Carolina Rep. Nancy Mace

Prosecutors have dropped the charges against a Chicago man accused of assaulting South Carolina Rep. Nancy Mace by allegedly shaking her hand in an “exaggerated, aggressive manner.”
James McIntyre, 33, of Chicago, was charged following an encounter at Rayburn House Office Building in December 2024 in which he shook her hand and asked her to support trans children in foster care. Mace, a Republican, said in a social media post that the encounter left her needing a brace for her wrist, and icing her arm.
McIntyre was charged with a misdemeanor and pleaded not guilty, but charges were dropped Tuesday.
“I am pleased but not surprised that these baseless charges have been dropped,” McIntyre said in a statement. “By falsely accusing me of a violent crime and having me jailed, Congresswoman Mace demonstrated her desire to criminalize anyone who advocates for the needs of our trans youth. Her actions are fundamentally connected to the broader effort by the Trump administration to criminalize protected speech and create an environment of fear among advocates.”
Mace introduced legislation in November to change U.S. House of Representative rules to prohibit transgender women from using women’s bathrooms and other facilities on Capitol Hill.
Please Note: The above video is from a previous report
South-Carolina
Gamecocks Freshman Cam Scott to Enter the Transfer Portal

The 2024-2025 season did not go as planned for the Gamecocks basketball team. While South Carolina is working to rebuild its roster they are set to lose talented freshman Cam Scott to the transfer portal.
The 6-foot-6 and 170 pound freshman wing out of Lexington, South Carolina joined the Gamecocks as the highest ranked recruit in the program’s 2024 class. Consensus four star and top 50 overall player, Scott was expected to help lead the team to new heights, now he’ll be looking for a new home.
Scott made 26 appearances on the court for South Carolina this past season. The young wing struggled offensively in his first y averaging 2.5 points per game, shooting 27 percent from the floor and 17 percent from three.
South Carolina was able to add one of the best overall players in the portal this week. Former North Dakota guard Treysen Eaglestaff announced his commitment to the Gamecocks on Satruday. Eaglestaff is an offensive minded playmaker and could have been brought in to mitigate the loss of other players leaving Columbia.
Scott will have three years of eligibility left. It is not apparent if there is a leader at this time.
Join the community:
You can follow us for future coverage by clicking “Follow” on the top right-hand corner of the page. Also, be sure to follow us on X at @GamecocksDigest and on Facebook!
You Might Also Like:
-
News1 week ago
Trump Is Trying to Gain More Power Over Elections. Is His Effort Legal?
-
News1 week ago
Washington Bends to RFK Jr.’s ‘MAHA’ Agenda on Measles, Baby Formula and French Fries
-
News1 week ago
Companies Pull Back From Pride Events as Trump Targets D.E.I.
-
World1 week ago
At least six people killed in Israeli attacks on southern Syria
-
Technology1 week ago
Trump officials planned a military strike over Signal – with a magazine editor on the line
-
Technology1 week ago
The FBI launched a task force to investigate Tesla attacks
-
World1 week ago
No, Norway and Sweden haven't banned digital transactions
-
Culture1 week ago
Analysing Jamal Musiala’s bizarre corner goal for Germany against Italy