Dallas, TX
Dallas game warden investigating coyote shootings in Lochwood neighborhood
DALLAS – Authorities are investigating whether a vigilante is shooting coyotes in a Dallas neighborhood.
Dallas Animal Services says it’s investigating three coyote deaths since August. Two of them were shot.
Authorities don’t know who is doing it, but people who live in the area are rattled.
Emily Levin is still left disturbed by the dead coyote found in her front yard last week.
“Wednesday, this dead coyote appeared in our front yard on the border between our yard and our neighbor’s yard,” she recalled.
Levin says a city wildlife investigator immediately came out to her Lochwood neighborhood and revealed the coyote had been shot.
“And I asked her if she knew if it had been shot in our front yard or it had walked. And she said it was hard to tell, which is not reassuring,” Levin said.
DAS tells FOX 4 it’s been investigating a possible trend since August.
Three coyotes have been found dead in Lochwood. Two were shot. The third was disposed of before the city arrived on scene.
“Like, don’t go shooting a gun in a neighborhood!” Levin said.
The neighborhood has been shaken for weeks.
Just a few streets over from Levin, a homeowner sent FOX 4 surveillance video from late October where you can hear gunfire. You can hear glass shattering at the end.
One bullet went through a home’s front window near Easton Road and East Lake Highlands Drive. No one was hurt.
More recently, the same homeowner said he heard gunshots again Sunday afternoon. Dallas police say they responded, but no one was injured.
It’s unknown if these incidents are related to the coyote shootings.
However, the Dallas County game warden confirmed they are investigating and are asking for all surveillance video to be handed over.
Levin has a warning to anyone disrupting the peace in her neighborhood.
“Don’t bring that to our neighborhood. It’s too nice of a place for that,” she said.
The Dallas County game warden couldn’t reveal too much information on the investigation but wanted to remind people the coyotes in urban areas are being monitored.
At this point, no coyotes in the Lochwood area have posed a threat to humans.
Dallas, TX
Dallas felon arrested after allegedly shooting 14-year-old inside vacant Pleasant Grove home
DALLAS – A 14-year-old who lives in Pleasant Grove is at a children’s hospital recovering after he was struck by a shotgun round.
The injured teen was shot about a quarter mile away from his home. Police say the teenager ran while bleeding in his home, where his family called 911 frantic to get him to a hospital.
Felon arrested after teen shot in Pleasant Grove
What we know:
66-year-ikd Victor Burnett is facing multiple aggravated assault charges and also unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon.
It’s the latest in a lengthy arrest history for Burnett in Dallas County.
Burnett is accused of shooting two teens who were inside a vacant home in Pleasant Grove on Tuesday evening around 7pm.
Police say a 14-year-old boy was struck and ran back home on Godfrey Avenue. His 15-year-old friend took off in a different direction across the family’s front porch, and was caught on RING video.
Witness photo and flock cameras lead to suspect
Dig deeper:
A second call to police came in from a witness, stating they saw Burnett with a shotgun getting into a green Dodge pick-up truck parked in the grass field.
This witness is key in the investigation, taking a picture of Burnett’s license plate before he took off.
Flagged by a flock camera just a few miles away, Burnett was then taken into custody of Jim Miller Road.
Suspect claims teens were trespassing
What they’re saying:
According to Burnett’s arrest warrant affidavit, he told police, “juveniles were constantly breaking into vacant/unoccupied new-built homes.”
The 15-year-old, who was not shot, admitted to police they were inside the vacant house and said, “Burnett entered the home, and then they heard a gunshot.”
Thats when “they together jumped out of one of the windows of the bedrooms and ran together and that is when his friend was shot.”
Relationship with Victor Burnett
What’s next:
FOX 4 checked out the vacant home on Thursday and multiple windows were damaged, one clearly with a bullet marker from police.
Also, outside the new build, cameras and a sign that says ‘No Trespassing’, in the middle of construction, are being built by Robbie Hale Homes. The builder told FOX 4 over the phone on Thursday, that Burnett isn’t employed at the company, but confirmed he has been contracted out to mow lawns or provide security.
The suspect, Victor Burnet, was brought back to police headquarters. A quick search by police, and they learned he’d been convicted of sexual assault and therefore is not permitted by law to own a firearm.
Police say they found a shotgun and a stolen pistol in his truck.
The Source: Information in this article was provided by FOX 4’s Peyton Yager.
Dallas, TX
3 Dallas Cowboys UDFAs Who Could Steal a Spot on 53-Man Roster
OTAs will begin for the Dallas Cowboys on June 1 and will run through June 11. Mandatory minicamp will begin shortly after that, with the team working out from June 16-20. Training camp will follow in late July, which is when the fight for a spot on the 53-man roster will really heat up.
Dallas made some big changes on the defensive side of the ball this offseason, which will make for some interesting position battles. There will also be a few areas on offense where someone can steal a spot at the bottom of the depth chart. That said, here are three undrafted free agents to keep an eye on as they attempt to steal a spot on the 53-man roster.
Tommy Dunn Jr., DT
Cowboys On SI writer Mike Moraitis recently noted that Dallas signed three defensive linemen as undrafted free agents, proving that defensive coordinator Christian Parker wants to create more competition there. One player to keep an eye on is Tommy Dunn Jr. out of Kansas.
Listed at 6-foot-3 and 305 pounds, Dunn is a developmental nose tackle prospect known for his ability to defend the run. His main competition will be second-year player Jay Toia, but since Toia was drafted under the previous defensive staff, the two will have a fair battle on their hands.
Langston Patterson, LB
Linebacker remains one of the thinnest spots on the Dallas roster. Their starters at inside linebacker are DeMarvion Overshown and Dee Winters. Behind them, the Cowboys have rookie third-round pick Jaishawn Barham and second-year linebackers Shemar James and Justin Barron.
There’s a possibility they add another veteran to the mix, especially given Overshown’s injury history. They could also stick with their current group, which would give Langston Patterson a realistic shot of making the team.
The 6-foot-1, 235-pound Patterson isn’t considered a great coverage linebacker, but he has a nose for the ball in the run game. He could also stand out as a special teams ace, which might be his best path to a roster spot.
Michael Trigg, TE
Entering his fourth season in the NFL, Luke Schoonmaker is considered a potential cut candidate. The 2023 second-round pick hasn’t established himself as a consistent threat, which leaves the door open for Michael Trigg to steal a spot.
Trigg played for USC and Ole Miss before finally hitting his stride with Baylor. In 2025, he recorded 694 yards and six touchdowns on 50 receptions. He boasts a massive catch radius and could be used as a vertical threat. Trigg has the best shot out of all UDFAs at making the team and could wind up being a long-term player in the NFL.
— Sign up for the Cowboys Daily Digest newsletter for more free coverage from Dallas Cowboys on SI —
Follow
Dallas, TX
Dallas police seek two people of interest seen leaving Deep Ellum shooting that injured five
Dallas police are asking for the public’s help identifying two people seen on video leaving the scene of a shooting in Deep Ellum that injured five people earlier this month.
The shooting happened at 10:23 p.m. on May 5 near Commerce Street and Malcolm X Boulevard, according to the Dallas Police Department.
Police said a man opened fire, shot five people, and fled. Three victims were taken by Dallas Fire-Rescue, and two were taken by private vehicle to a hospital. All were in stable condition.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective L. Kebart at 214-671-3668 or Lauren.Kebart@dallaspolice.gov.
About two hours later, on May 6, a second shooting occurred at Elm Street and North Crowdus Street, killing 26-year-old security guard Joseph Gray. Police said Gray was breaking up a fight when 23-year-old Detorius Tarver opened fire. Tarver was arrested at the scene and charged with murder.
Police shut down Deep Ellum after the second shooting.
CBS News Texas will provide updates as more information becomes available.
-
Louisiana23 seconds agoLouisiana’s Tough-on-Crime Policies Stand to Cost Taxpayers Millions More for Years to Come
-
Maine6 minutes agoMaine’s growing season arrives; gardeners urged to refresh soil before planting
-
Maryland12 minutes agoMaryland leaders deflect as residents leave over costs
-
Michigan18 minutes agoEl Niño forecast to develop: What this means for Southeast Michigan this summer
-
Massachusetts24 minutes agoMassachusetts Senate looks to reduce wrong-way driving, honor fallen MSP trooper Kevin Trainor
-
Minnesota30 minutes agoWhere to watch Minnesota Twins vs Boston Red Sox: TV channel, start time, streaming for May 22
-
Mississippi36 minutes agoMississippi Lottery Mississippi Match 5, Cash 3 results for May 21, 2026
-
Missouri42 minutes agoColombian national sentenced to 25 years for raping, impregnating 12-year-old girl in Missouri