Denver, CO
Denver Broncos NFL Draft picks 2024: Grades, fits and scouting reports
The Denver Broncos enter the 2024 NFL Draft on April 25 with eight picks over the three-day draft.
The Broncos have the No. 12 pick and are one of a handful of NFL teams searching for a franchise quarterback. The end of the short-lived Russell Wilson era in Denver created a need at the game’s most important position and left a lack of draft capital in its wake.
Advertisement
Head coach Sean Payton and general manager George Paton have said they’re open trading up to get one of the draft’s top quarterbacks if they find the right scenario. Denver’s current quarterback situation includes Jarrett Stidham, Ben DiNucci and Zach Wilson, the former Jets first-round pick acquired in a trade this week.
NFL Draft 2024 tracker: Live blog, pick-by-pick grades and analysis
Big board best available: Who’s left from Dane Brugler’s Top 300?
But that position, important as it is, represents just part of the draft puzzle for the Broncos as they enter a significant reconstruction of the roster. In addition to jettisoning Wilson, the Broncos released safety Justin Simmons, traded wide receiver Jerry Jeudy and allowed starters like linebacker Josey Jewell and center Lloyd Cushenberry to leave in free agency. Payton is in the early stages of building a new foundation. The draft is instrumental to that work.
Keep coming back here throughout the draft for analysis and grades for each Broncos pick.
GO DEEPER
NFL Draft 2024 ‘The Beast’ Guide: Dane Brugler’s scouting reports and player rankings
Round 1
No. 12
Round 2
No picks
Round 3
No. 76
Round 4
No. 121 (from Dolphins)
Round 5
No. 136 (from Panthers via Browns)
No. 145 (from Jets)
No. 147
Round 6
No. 207 (from 49ers)
Round 7
No. 256 (from Jets)
Free, daily NFL updates direct to your inbox. Sign up
Free, daily NFL updates direct to your inbox. Sign up
Buy
(Photo: Scott Winters / Getty Images)
Denver, CO
Denver area events for Feb. 19
Denver, CO
Denver Summit sets up HQ in Lower Downtown
Denver, CO
Denver’s Underground Music Showcase moves to RiNo; “It’s sort of the perfect marriage”
After more than two decades on South Broadway, one of Denver’s most popular music festivals is moving across town.
The Underground Music Showcase will return this summer in the RiNo arts district, backed by a new financial partner and a plan to grow beyond music while keeping its community feel.
For more than 20 years, the Underground Music Showcase has been a staple of Denver’s live music scene, drawing thousands to South Broadway for a weekend of local and national acts.
“It’s been going for 26 years, so it’s kind of bigger than any one person at this point,” said Keanan Stoner, festival director.
Stoner said the future of the festival was uncertain after last year. Organizers needed a sustainable financial path forward to ensure it could continue.
“It was bittersweet leaving Broadway, and ultimately it just came down to we needed to find a path forward,” Stoner said. “The BID approached us and obviously, provided a lot of financial support as well as connections, which made it possible to continue it.”
That partner is the RiNo Business Improvement District, which is purchasing a 50% stake in the festival and committing support for the next three years.
Organizers say the move to RiNo will allow the festival to expand its footprint, activate more venues and public spaces, and increase its economic impact.
“We hope that the feeling and the vibe of the festival really remains similar to years past, but it’s obviously an all-new district, a larger district, and a lot of new spaces to put stages in live music,” Stoner said.
Terry Madeksza, executive director of the RiNo Business Improvement District, said the neighborhood’s creative identity makes it a natural fit.
“RiNo is known as a neighborhood with creative thinking, with creative artists,” Madeksza said. “We have venues, we have businesses. So I think live music, I think energy, I think the opportunity to interact and create these unique experiences with UMS and RiNo, it’s sort of the perfect marriage.”
Leaders say they envision the showcase as a recurring signature event that activates the neighborhood while supporting local artists and businesses.
“What we’re really excited to do is not only showcase great, creative public spaces, but to bring thousands and thousands of people into the district to show them what’s going on and to get them into the businesses, where they can become reacquainted with or experience a new business for the first time,” Madeksza said.
Organizers plan to finalize and sign the purchase agreement during the board meeting Wednesday.
The three-day event is scheduled for July 24 through July 26, the last weekend of July. Ticket presales are expected to launch in the coming weeks, followed by venue announcements and artist lineup details ahead of the festival.
-
Culture1 week agoTry This Quiz on Passionate Lines From Popular Literature
-
Oklahoma2 days agoWildfires rage in Oklahoma as thousands urged to evacuate a small city
-
Health1 week agoJames Van Der Beek shared colorectal cancer warning sign months before his death
-
Movie Reviews1 week ago“Redux Redux”: A Mind-Blowing Multiverse Movie That Will Make You Believe in Cinema Again [Review]
-
Technology1 week agoHP ZBook Ultra G1a review: a business-class workstation that’s got game
-
Science1 week agoA SoCal beetle that poses as an ant may have answered a key question about evolution
-
Politics7 days agoCulver City, a crime haven? Bondi’s jab falls flat with locals
-
Politics7 days agoTim Walz demands federal government ‘pay for what they broke’ after Homan announces Minnesota drawdown