Connect with us

Southwest

Texas woman tells deputies she shot, killed man who allegedly drugged, kidnapped her

Published

on

Join Fox News for access to this content

Plus special access to select articles and other premium content with your account – free of charge.

Please enter a valid email address.

By entering your email and pushing continue, you are agreeing to Fox News’ Terms of Use and Privacy Policy, which includes our Notice of Financial Incentive. To access the content, check your email and follow the instructions provided.

Having trouble? Click here.

A Texas man was found dead Friday after authorities say a woman called 911 for help, saying that she had shot her kidnapper.

The woman, identified as a 45-year-old resident of Montgomery, had called 911 around 12:40 p.m. and said she had shot someone after being kidnapped and drugged, the Gillespie County Sheriff’s Office said.

Advertisement

While the woman’s whereabouts were initially unknown, deputies eventually found her near a winery in the 10800 block of East U.S. Highway 290. 

The woman then spoke with deputies, describing the vehicle and the weapon used.

TEXAS POLICE HUNT KILLER AFTER TEEN FOUND DEAD IN DITCH ‘LIKE AN ANIMAL’

Deputies responded to a call from a woman who said she had shot someone after being kidnapped and drugged. (Gillespie County Sheriff’s Office)

A deputy located the vehicle sitting in the outside lane of westbound traffic and found a man in the front seat-area who appeared dead, the sheriff’s office said. Officials later confirmed the man was dead.

Advertisement
Gillespie County Sheriff's car

The woman’s name was not immediately released publicly, though authorities said she was 45 years old and resided in Montgomery. (Gillespie County Sheriff’s Office)

The man was identified as 49-year-old Lance Damon Reid, who had been residing in the Houston area, according to the sheriff’s office. No further details about Reid or his death were immediately provided.

TEXAS SUSPECTED SERIAL RAPIST WITH HIV ARRESTED IN NORTH DALLAS SUBURB; COULD BE MORE VICTIMS: POLICE

Meanwhile, the woman was taken to a local hospital, where she was interviewed by an investigator. Authorities did not immediately provide an update on the woman’s condition.

Gillespie County Sheriff's patrol car

The man was found dead in a vehicle that the woman described to deputies. He was identified as 49-year-old Lance Damon Reid. (Gillespie County Sheriff’s Office)

CLICK TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

The sheriff’s office said the investigation remains ongoing and that no further information would be released at this time.

Advertisement

Read the full article from Here

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Southwest

Video shows Arizona mother violently assault bus driver in front of 11 children: police

Published

on

A Mesa, Arizona mother was charged with aggravated assault after video showed her hit a school bus driver multiple times while accusing her of speaking badly about her daughter.

The Mesa Police Department said 27-year-old Hermenegilda Marquez was arrested on April 17 and faces a single count of felony aggravated assault on a school employee. 

According to police, officers responded to W. McKellips Road at about 2 p.m. on April 11 after receiving reports that a Mesa Public Schools bus driver had been assaulted.

When officers arrived, they spoke with the victim, who appeared to be suffering from minor injuries.

ARIZONA GOVERNOR RIPS GOP HYPOCRISY AFTER STATE SUPREME COURT UPHOLDS ABORTION BAN

Advertisement

Hermenegilda Marquez was charged with aggravated assault after video showed her allegedly hitting a bus driver on April 11, 2024. (Mesa Police Department)

In a video released by police, Marquez is allegedly seen entering the bus and yelling at the driver before turning her head toward the back of the bus and calling for her child by name.

Marquez then turns her attention back toward the driver and continues cursing and yelling at the bus driver, according to police.

The bus driver told Marquez, who she claimed to have never spoken to before, to get off the bus before picking up the handset on the bus radio.

Marquez then allegedly appears to swing at the victim, then grabs the radio cord and yanks it while telling the bus driver to “do something now” and get off the bus.

Advertisement

ARIZONA MAN HIT WITH FIRE EXTINGUISHER AFTER OTHERS HURL ONE OFF PARKING GARAGE: POLICE

Mesa Bus Driver Assault Video

The Mesa Police Department in Arizona released a video of a school bus driver getting assaulted by a woman, later identified by police as Hermenegilda Marquez (Mesa Police Department)

Multiple parents were at the bus stop when Marquez boarded the bus. Some of the parents complained to the bus driver about not stopping at the right location, while Marquez had another complaint.

“Were you talking s- – t about my daughter?,” Marquez is allegedly heard asking the bus driver before violently smacking her multiple times.

A man police identified as Marquez’s boyfriend, intervened and pulled Marquez off the bus.

But as she was being removed from the vehicle, she grabbed the bus driver’s hair with both hands and almost pulled the driver out of her seat, police said.

Advertisement

At the time of the assault, police said, there were 11 children still onboard the bus.

ARIZONA WOMAN PLEADS GUILTY TO POISONING AIR FORCE HUSBAND’S COFFEE WITH BLEACH

Marquez left the scene and after further investigation, police identified her as the suspect and interviewed her.

During questioning, police allegedly read Marquez her Miranda Rights, and she immediately invoked her right to an attorney.

Advertisement

Police said they showed Marquez the video and afterward told her she would be charged with a felony because she was seen on the recording committing an assault. She allegedly showed no emotion when she was told she was being charged, according to police.

Read the full article from Here

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Los Angeles, Ca

4 teens hospitalized after stolen car pursuit crash in Boyle Heights

Published

on

4 teens hospitalized after stolen car pursuit crash in Boyle Heights

Four juveniles in a stolen vehicle were hospitalized after crashing in Boyle Heights during a pursuit Tuesday night.

Deputies with the East Los Angeles Sheriff’s Station spotted the stolen car and tried to pull the suspects over. They refused to yield and sped off, leading officers on a chase.

The teens traveled on the northbound 5 Freeway and when exiting at Calzona Street, they lost control at a sharp turn on the off-ramp and crashed into a wall.

  • Four juveniles in a stolen vehicle were hospitalized after crashing in Boyle Heights during a pursuit on April 23, 2024. (OnScene.TV)
  • Four juveniles in a stolen vehicle were hospitalized after crashing in Boyle Heights during a pursuit on April 23, 2024. (KTLA)
  • Four juveniles in a stolen vehicle were hospitalized after crashing in Boyle Heights during a pursuit on April 23, 2024. (KTLA)
  • A juvenile suspect being wheeled to an ambulance after a pursuit crash in Boyle Heights on April 23, 2024. (OnScene.TV)
  • A juvenile suspect being wheeled to an ambulance after a pursuit crash in Boyle Heights on April 23, 2024. (OnScene.TV)
  • Four juveniles in a stolen vehicle were hospitalized after crashing in Boyle Heights during a pursuit on April 23, 2024. (KTLA)
  • Four juveniles in a stolen vehicle were hospitalized after crashing in Boyle Heights during a pursuit on April 23, 2024. (KTLA)
  • A crowd of bystanders watching crews clean up a wreckage and auto debris after a pursuit crash in Boyle Heights on April 23, 2024. (OnScene.TV)
  • A juvenile suspect being wheeled to an ambulance after a pursuit crash in Boyle Heights on April 23, 2024. (OnScene.TV)
  • Juvenile suspects transported by ambulance after a pursuit crash in Boyle Heights on April 23, 2024. (OnScene.TV)
  • Four juveniles in a stolen vehicle were hospitalized after crashing in Boyle Heights during a pursuit on April 23, 2024. (KTLA)
  • Four juveniles in a stolen vehicle were hospitalized after crashing in Boyle Heights during a pursuit on April 23, 2024. (KTLA)
  • Juvenile suspects transported by ambulance after a pursuit crash in Boyle Heights on April 23, 2024. (OnScene.TV)
  • Four juveniles in a stolen vehicle were hospitalized after crashing in Boyle Heights during a pursuit on April 23, 2024. (KTLA)

The maneuver destroyed the suspects’ sedan, crushing the front end and trapping three teens inside the vehicle.

Emergency crews arrived at the scene and extricated the juveniles from the wreckage. All four suspects were transported to a local hospital for treatment.

The male suspects are believed to be around 12-14 years old, although authorities have yet to confirm their exact ages. The details and extent of their injuries are unclear.

Advertisement

Sky5 video captured a large police presence surrounding a neighborhood near the freeway off-ramp. A group of bystanders was seen gathering at the crash site as crews worked to clear the wreckage and debris.

Continue Reading

Southwest

Judge declares mistrial in case of Arizona rancher charged with murder of Mexican national on border property

Published

on

A jury was unable to reach a verdict in the case of Arizona rancher George Alan Kelly, who was accused of second-degree murder in connection to the death of a Mexican national found fatally shot on his borderland ranch in January 2023.

The jury began deliberating April 18. After days of being unable to reach a verdict, the judge overseeing the trial declared a mistrial on Monday.

The case centered around the death of Mexican national Gabriel Cuen-Buitimea, who was found shot to death on Kelly’s 170-acre cattle ranch near Keno Springs outside Nogales, Arizona, on Jan. 30, 2023. 

Kelly’s defense has countered the prosecution’s argument that Cuen-Buitimea was an unarmed migrant and has suggested cartel influence mired the death investigation. 

ARIZONA RANCHER DEFENSE CONSULTANT CLAIMS ‘CARTEL INFLUENCE’ IN MURDER PROBE, RIPS SHERIFF’S PAST COMMENTS

Advertisement

George Alan Kelly enters court for his preliminary hearing in Nogales Justice Court in Nogales, Arizona.

“Long story short, this is simply not somebody who’s looking for the American dream. There’s no evidence that this person is here for those kinds of benign purposes,” Kelly’s defense attorney, Brenna Larkin, said during her closing argument on Thursday. “And we bring that up, not, you know, to be judgmental about Gabriel or to not have compassion for him. But when people are involved in a criminal lifestyle, it’s dangerous. It’s more inherently dangerous than simply being a migrant who’s coming here. So it’s relevant for that reason.” 

Cuen-Buitimea had illegally entered the country multiple times previously and had been deported as recently as 2016.

Over the course of weeks, jurors heard testimony regarding where and at what distance Kelly was standing when prosecutors argued he fatally shot Cuen-Buitimea, as well as the motivation for the gunshots.

The defense maintained Kelly only fired warning shots into the air from his patio earlier in the day, and his wife, Wanda Kelly, testified about dialing their Border Patrol ranch liaison upon spotting two armed men dressed in camouflage and carrying rifles and backpacks walking about 100 feet from their home. Law enforcement responded to the property, and hours passed before Kelly called Border Patrol again to report finding the body.

Advertisement

The fatal bullet was never recovered from the scene. A criminologist working pro bono as a consultant for Kelly’s defense, Dr. Ron Martinelli, previously told Fox News Digital that none of the state’s witnesses in the trial had provided any rebuttal testimony against the defense theory that a rip crew — a gang of bandits, sometimes cartel-affiliated — could have fatally shot Cuen-Buitimea and robbed him.

ARIZONA RANCHER GEORGE ALAN KELLY’S WIFE TESTIFIES IN MURDER TRIAL, DESCRIBES ARMED MEN NEAR BORDERLANDS HOME

Santa Cruz County Sheriff David Hathaway was pressed by the defense about an online video showing him speculating that Kelly wanted to “go hunt me some Mexicans.”

“You told Big Super, ‘We caught this rancher shooting at migrants’ and then you said that ‘there are people who want to come hunt some Mexicans’ — you made that statement?” a defense attorney asked Hathaway on Wednesday. Big Super is the name of the real estate YouTube personality whose video Hathaway was featured in touring his borderlands neighborhood.

Kelly judge

Santa Cruz County Superior Court Judge Thomas Fink listens to opening arguments in the trial of George Alan Kelly. (Angela Gervasi/Nogales International via AP)

“Yeah I did,’ Hathway replied. “I just did a colloquial, ‘There are some people that want to go hunt them some Mexicans.’ Yeah I did make that statement.”

Advertisement

Martinelli also alleged to Fox News Digital that Hathaway broke U.S. State Department protocol and Mexican law by arranging an unauthorized meeting to interview Daniel Ramirez in Nogales, Mexico, weeks after the shooting. The prosecution argued that Ramirez was the sole witness to Cuen-Buitimea’s shooting death and fled across the border afterward. 

Ramirez testified that he previously carried drugs across the border, though not on the day of the January 2023 shooting. 

The defense argued that based on Ramirez’s own testimony, it did not seem he was even present that day. The jury was able to make a field trip to Kelly’s ranch to get a lay of the land. 

“The only conclusion that can be reached based on Daniel’s description of this property is that he wasn’t there,” Larkin said. “You cannot find Mr. Kelly guilty of aggravated assault against Daniel because Daniel was not there. And you cannot find him guilty of any of the offenses, second degree murder or lesser included, because they did not prove that Alan shot this person, and they have to prove it.” 

Larkin told jurors that Kelly was confronted with “a threat to his life” and “had a rifle pointed at him,” meaning that he would have been justified in using deadly physical force. 

Advertisement

But even so, the rancher “didn’t use deadly physical force,” Larkin said in her closing argument. “He fired shots up into the air, over the tree, over where these people were to get the threat to stop.” 

Kelly during trial open

George Alan Kelly listens to the prosecution during opening arguments at Santa Cruz County Superior Court. (Angela Gervasi/Nogales International, via AP)

“The law does not say that you cannot use lesser force to defend yourself. The law does not say that when you’re out in the middle of nowhere and you folks were out there. This is not downtown Nogales. This is not a populated area. This is isolated. It is empty,” Larkin told the jury. “He can fire warning shots to protect himself and to protect his wife. And that’s exactly what he did. That’s exactly what any man who cares about his wife and his home should do in this situation when faced with the threat that he was faced with.” 

In the state’s closing argument, prosecutor Mike Jette maintained to the jury that there’s “no justification” for Kelly having seen “two unarmed men walking two fences away” and “pulling out your AK-47, stepping on the patio, no verbal warning and shooting nine times.” 

“He escalates the situation. His wife is fine,” Jette said Thursday. “You do not have the right to use deadly physical force to protect a person who didn’t need protecting. You don’t have the right to use deadly force when there is no threat to home or yard, and you don’t have the right to initiate, instigate or escalate with deadly force. No right whatsoever.” 

“Gabriel and Daniel were shot at. Gabriel is dead, killed by a high-powered weapon, an AK-47. Entry wound, exit wound lined up with the defendant’s property,” the prosecutor said. “Steps out, no verbal warning. Defendant shot his AK nine times. Shell casings prove it. Ejection pattern proves where he was standing. Position and orientation of Gabriel’s body proves where the shot comes from.” 

Advertisement

Jette closed by telling the jury if they’re not convinced on the second-degree murder charge, they can still convict Kelly on the lesser charges of manslaughter, negligent homicide or aggravated assault. 

Kelly made national headlines last year when he was held on a $1 million bond on a first-degree murder charge for several weeks. The highest charge was later downgraded to second-degree murder. 

The rancher rejected a deal from prosecutors earlier this year that would have reduced the charge to one count of negligent homicide if he would agree to plead guilty.

Advertisement

Read the full article from Here

Continue Reading

Trending