🏠 News From Your Neighborhood
South
Chinese migrants say they use TikTok to find gap in US border fence as apprehensions explode
Chinese immigrants are flocking to the U.S. in record numbers, with government data indicating a surge of nationals being apprehended at the southwest border.
Those Chinese nationals have permeated the southern border by utilizing tools and instructions they have found through TikTok, CBS’ “60 Minutes” found.
Field reporter Julio Rosas and “Confucius Never Said” author Helen Raleigh discussed what has motivated Chinese immigrants to come to the U.S. in the first place and how the surge of asylum seekers has impacted national security during “Fox & Friends.”
FOX NEWS FOOTAGE SHOWS RELEASE OF CHINESE NATIONALS INTO US AMID MASSIVE SPIKE IN ENCOUNTERS
“They were really driven by, first of all, the open invitation of our lawless border,” Raleigh told Lawrence Jones on Tuesday. “Everybody else is doing it, facing no consequences, so they are following those examples. And secondly, but most importantly, they were driven by China’s, political, ongoing political persecution and a deteriorating economic situation.”
“Nobody feels safe in China, and… on the economic front, there’s a high youth unemployment rate. The stock markets are deteriorating. People saw the biggest drop of their salaries last year, as well as the property market, slumping and the property market especially hurting people’s confidence because over 70% of the Chinese people have their personal wealth tied to properties,” she continued.
“So all these factors combined are driving people to come here.”
“60 Minutes” met some of the Chinese migrants coming through the southern border in a segment that aired over the weekend, where many said they have been able to make it into the United States by following explicit directions posted on TikTok. They were reportedly given instructions on how to get a smuggler’s help to enter the country through a border wall gap.
Camera crews captured several carloads of the migrants being dropped off by smugglers at an open border gap east of San Diego. Many of the illegal immigrants traveled through many countries on a treacherous, expensive journey to come to America.
FBI DIRECTOR WRAY SAYS BORDER GOTAWAYS A SOURCE OF ‘GREAT CONCERN’ FOR AGENCY
The number of Chinese nationals apprehended at the southwest border has surged in recent years.
In fiscal year 2021, there were only 450 Chinese migrants apprehended, in contrast to 2,176 and 24,314 in fiscal years 2022 and 2023 respectively.
Chinese migrants are the fastest growing group trying to come to the United States, according to CBP. Many are flying to Ecuador, where they don’t need a visa, and making their trek through Latin America before reaching the U.S. southern border.
“This really hasn’t happened before, at least in these large numbers,” Rosas said. “We’re not even talking about people from Asia. But we just had that recent report where an al-Shabab terrorist didn’t even avoid Border Patrol. He turned himself in, he was processed and released, and was in the country for over a year before the U.S. government realized their mistake.”
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
“This is very concerning. I’ve been raising the warning for quite some time about this,” he continued.
A TikTok spokesperson told Fox News, “TikTok strictly prohibits human smuggling which we remove from our platform and report to law enforcement when warranted.”
The spokesperson also noted that during the third quarter of 2023, the platform “proactively” removed 93% of videos for violating its human exploitation policy.
Regardless, Rosas warned the porous southern border could facilitate an opportunity for American adversaries to “exploit” U.S. interests.
“It’s what we’ve been seeing for the past few years now, and the fact that there’s no fear, the fact that we have Border Patrol essentially trying to hide from illegal immigrants and illegal immigrants are the ones trying to find Border Patrol, that just shows how crazy things have become under this administration,” Rosas said.
“It’s not even central or even South Americans anymore. It’s people from all over the world and people coming from, let’s face it, adversarial countries who may want to do us harm and may want to exploit us through this weak point,” he continued.
Dallas, TX
3 Dallas Cowboys UDFAs Who Could Steal a Spot on 53-Man Roster
OTAs will begin for the Dallas Cowboys on June 1 and will run through June 11. Mandatory minicamp will begin shortly after that, with the team working out from June 16-20. Training camp will follow in late July, which is when the fight for a spot on the 53-man roster will really heat up.
Dallas made some big changes on the defensive side of the ball this offseason, which will make for some interesting position battles. There will also be a few areas on offense where someone can steal a spot at the bottom of the depth chart. That said, here are three undrafted free agents to keep an eye on as they attempt to steal a spot on the 53-man roster.
Tommy Dunn Jr., DT
Cowboys On SI writer Mike Moraitis recently noted that Dallas signed three defensive linemen as undrafted free agents, proving that defensive coordinator Christian Parker wants to create more competition there. One player to keep an eye on is Tommy Dunn Jr. out of Kansas.
Listed at 6-foot-3 and 305 pounds, Dunn is a developmental nose tackle prospect known for his ability to defend the run. His main competition will be second-year player Jay Toia, but since Toia was drafted under the previous defensive staff, the two will have a fair battle on their hands.
Langston Patterson, LB
Linebacker remains one of the thinnest spots on the Dallas roster. Their starters at inside linebacker are DeMarvion Overshown and Dee Winters. Behind them, the Cowboys have rookie third-round pick Jaishawn Barham and second-year linebackers Shemar James and Justin Barron.
There’s a possibility they add another veteran to the mix, especially given Overshown’s injury history. They could also stick with their current group, which would give Langston Patterson a realistic shot of making the team.
The 6-foot-1, 235-pound Patterson isn’t considered a great coverage linebacker, but he has a nose for the ball in the run game. He could also stand out as a special teams ace, which might be his best path to a roster spot.
Michael Trigg, TE
Entering his fourth season in the NFL, Luke Schoonmaker is considered a potential cut candidate. The 2023 second-round pick hasn’t established himself as a consistent threat, which leaves the door open for Michael Trigg to steal a spot.
Trigg played for USC and Ole Miss before finally hitting his stride with Baylor. In 2025, he recorded 694 yards and six touchdowns on 50 receptions. He boasts a massive catch radius and could be used as a vertical threat. Trigg has the best shot out of all UDFAs at making the team and could wind up being a long-term player in the NFL.
— Sign up for the Cowboys Daily Digest newsletter for more free coverage from Dallas Cowboys on SI —
Follow
Miami, FL
Man accused of following woman in his Tesla, exposing himself to her in South Miami
SOUTH MIAMI, Fla. — A 50-year-old man was arrested Wednesday, nearly a week after he followed a woman who had just left a gym in Miami’s Brickell neighborhood and then exposed himself to her while she was stopped at an intersection in South Miami, authorities said.
Leer en español
According to an arrest report from the South Miami Police Department, the victim told police that just after leaving the gym last Friday, she immediately noticed that she was being followed by a gray Tesla Model Y.
“The vehicle continued following the victim southbound on S. Dixie Highway while the driver attempted to gain her attention,” a police officer wrote in the arrest report.
The driver, later identified by police as Rogerio Miranda De Souza, of Pinecrest, was also “brake checking” her “in a manner that could have caused a collision,” the report stated.
Police said the victim was stopped near the intersection of South Dixie Highway and Southwest 70th Street when Miranda De Souza drove extremely close to the driver’s side of her vehicle, at which time she noticed his pants were lowered, exposing his genitals, and he was stroking his penis while making direct eye contact with her.
The victim provided detectives with the vehicle’s license plate number and a physical description of the suspect.
Police said she later identified Miranda De Souza in a photo lineup.
He was arrested Wednesday on a charge of indecent exposure.
As of Thursday morning, Miranda De Souza was being held at the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center on a $1,000 bond.
“Investigators have since learned that a neighboring law enforcement agency is conducting a separate investigation involving the same subject under similar circumstances,” a news release from SMPD stated. “Based on the ongoing investigation and the similarities between the incidents, detectives believe there may be additional victims who have not yet reported their encounters to law enforcement.”
Anyone with information about this investigation, or who believes they may have been victimized by Miranda De Souza is asked to call the South Miami Police Department or Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305-471-8477.
Copyright 2026 by WPLG Local10.com – All rights reserved.
Atlanta, GA
Keisha Lance Bottoms says Georgia voters care more about costs than
Former Atlanta mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms captured the Georgia Democratic gubernatorial primary with 56% of the vote on Tuesday, surpassing the majority threshold needed to avoid a runoff and positioning herself as the Democratic nominee heading into the November general election.
“We have a very powerful campaign that’s ready to take on whoever comes out of this Republican primary in November,” Bottoms said in an interview with CBS News “The Takeout” following her victory.
Bottoms said the margin was no accident. Her campaign ran as if it were trailing throughout the race, and she said she believed internally they would clear 50%.
“We always said that we were going to run like we were 30 points down and not 30 points ahead,” she said.
On the Republican side, Lt. Gov. Burt Jones and businessman Rick Jackson are headed to a June 16 runoff after neither cleared the majority threshold in Tuesday’s primary. Bottoms did not draw much of a distinction between the two.
“Just in terms of their running toward Trump’s MAGA agenda, they’re equally awful in that regard,” she said. “That’s not what the people of this state want to hear. They want to hear how we are going to address these everyday issues that are impacting their lives: cost of living, access or lack thereof to healthcare, education, access to jobs.”
If elected in November, Bottoms would make history as the first African American woman ever elected governor of Georgia and, she believes, the first in the entire country. She said the historical significance of that milestone is not what is driving her campaign.
“I don’t go around thinking about the label of being a Black woman,” she said. “What I’m thinking about right now is just how I’m going to deliver for the people across the state. It’s just about how will you make my life better and why should I vote for you.”
Bottoms also noted that the governor’s race is an open seat; Gov. Brian Kemp is not on the ballot, which she said gives Democrats an advantage heading into November.
“There are some inherent challenges when you go against an incumbent,” she said. “The fact that it’s an open seat gives us an even better opportunity to pick up the seat.”
On policy, Bottoms outlined several priorities she said she would pursue on day one as governor. She said she would extend the current gas tax suspension to provide relief at the pump, and pledged to expand Medicaid, a move she said would reverse the closure of nine rural hospitals and stop Georgia from leaving federal dollars on the table.
“Half our counties don’t even have OB-GYNs and pediatricians,” she said. “People are having to travel sometimes upwards of an hour or more to receive specialized care.”
Bottoms also called for increasing the state’s average starting teacher pay from $43,000 to $60,000 a year and eliminating state income taxes for teachers. On housing, she pledged to work with builders who specialize in affordable and workforce housing through low-interest loans and grants for homeowners.
-
Health3 minutes ago‘Wild West’ peptide craze surges beyond GLP-1s as FDA faces pressure to ease access
-
Sports10 minutes agoCollege football player William Davis cause of death revealed: report
-
Technology16 minutes agoFake Geek Squad billing scam email: Red flags and how to avoid
-
Business22 minutes agoAirbnb to add grocery delivery and car rentals ahead of World Cup
-
Entertainment28 minutes agoNo time for a ‘Mandalorian’ rewatch before getting your ‘Grogu’ on? We got you covered
-
Lifestyle33 minutes agoFed up with L.A.’s housing market, renters are turning to savvy apartment scouts for help
-
Politics40 minutes agoColumn: Obama’s strong terms curbed Iran. Trump struggles to secure even a weak deal
-
Science46 minutes agoFeds declare Eaton fire was a cleanup success. Their testing shows otherwise