Connect with us

Atlanta, GA

Braves bring back powder blue with new Nike City Connect jerseys

Published

on

Braves bring back powder blue with new Nike City Connect jerseys


The Atlanta Braves debuted their 2026 Nike City Connect jerseys Thursday during a launch party at Truist Park.

nspired by the 6 states of the South that make up the Braves fan base, the vibrant powder blue color and bold typography with retro script make these jerseys look incredible

Inspired by the six states of the South that make up the Braves fan base, the powder blue uniforms pay homage to the team’s 1980s SuperStation era while updating the look for today’s fans with bold typography with retro script. 

Advertisement

“The fans’ reaction has been great,” said Insung Kim, VP creative director for the Braves. “When we first revealed the jerseys, the sentiment on social media has been like, ‘oh, finally, the Braves are bringing back the powder blue jersey. Those are my favorite jerseyes that I saw growing up,’ so we just love hearing that.”

A young fan and their parent sport the new Braves City Connect jersey at a launch party at Truist Park on Thursday, April 9, 2026. 

CBS News Atlanta


The jersey features a brighter powder blue, red piping, an updated “Atlanta” script logo, a new “ATL” block letter sleeve patch, and a 3D “ATLANTA BRAVES” wordmark near the jocktag. Players helped select a v-neck style for comfort and performance. A matching powder blue cap completes the uniform.

Advertisement

The team will wear the special jerseys when they face the Cleveland Guardians at Truist Park Friday, throughout the series and then every Saturday home game for the rest of the season.

20260202-bw-mlb-cityconnect11636.jpg

Photo courtesy of Atlanta Braves


Fans can purchase the entire City Connect collection, which includes jerseys, hats, jackets, and t-shirts, at the Braves Clubhouse Store, MLBShop.com, Nike.com, and other retail locations.

The Braves are also bringing City Connect to fans across the Southeast with the Out of the Park mobile shop, visiting Kroger and Harris Teeter locations in Georgia and South Carolina.

Advertisement



Source link

Advertisement

Atlanta, GA

Video shows person of interest in deadly Atlanta shooting, police say

Published

on

Video shows person of interest in deadly Atlanta shooting, police say


New video released by the Atlanta Police Department shows a person of interest in the deadly shooting along Joseph E. Boone Boulevard NW earlier this week.

What we know:

Advertisement

It happened at 7:41 p.m. Monday in the 900 block of Joseph E. Boone Boulevard NW. According to the Atlanta Police Department, officers found a man in a car that had been involved in a single-vehicle accident about 0.5 miles east of the location.

The man, later identified as 37-year-old Joseph Williams, had been shot. He was rushed to an area hospital in critical condition, where he died.

Advertisement

What we don’t know:

The identity of the person of interest shown in the released video remains unknown.

Investigators have not yet determined the motive behind the shooting. 

Advertisement

Additionally, police have not disclosed whether any suspects have been identified or if a weapon has been recovered.

What you can do:

Advertisement

Anyone with information about whom the person of interest in the video may be or who may have information about the shooting should call the Atlanta Police Department’s Homicide Unit directly at 404-546-4235 or submit an anonymous tip to Crime Stoppers.

The Source: The information in this story was gathered from the Atlanta Police Department, who explained how we got it by releasing surveillance video and investigative details, as well as Crime Stoppers.

NW AtlantaNewsCrime and Public Safety
Advertisement



Source link

Continue Reading

Atlanta, GA

Keisha Lance Bottoms says Georgia voters care more about costs than

Published

on

Keisha Lance Bottoms says Georgia voters care more about costs than


Former Atlanta mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms captured the Georgia Democratic gubernatorial primary with 56% of the vote on Tuesday, surpassing the majority threshold needed to avoid a runoff and positioning herself as the Democratic nominee heading into the November general election.

“We have a very powerful campaign that’s ready to take on whoever comes out of this Republican primary in November,” Bottoms said in an interview with CBS News “The Takeout” following her victory.

Bottoms said the margin was no accident. Her campaign ran as if it were trailing throughout the race, and she said she believed internally they would clear 50%.

“We always said that we were going to run like we were 30 points down and not 30 points ahead,” she said.

Advertisement

Keisha Lance Bottoms, former mayor of Atlanta and Democratic gubernatorial candidate for Georgia, speaks during an election night event in Atlanta, Georgia, US, on Tuesday, May 19, 2026. 

Dustin Chambers / Bloomberg via Getty Images


On the Republican side, Lt. Gov. Burt Jones and businessman Rick Jackson are headed to a June 16 runoff after neither cleared the majority threshold in Tuesday’s primary. Bottoms did not draw much of a distinction between the two.

“Just in terms of their running toward Trump’s MAGA agenda, they’re equally awful in that regard,” she said. “That’s not what the people of this state want to hear. They want to hear how we are going to address these everyday issues that are impacting their lives: cost of living, access or lack thereof to healthcare, education, access to jobs.”

Advertisement

If elected in November, Bottoms would make history as the first African American woman ever elected governor of Georgia and, she believes, the first in the entire country. She said the historical significance of that milestone is not what is driving her campaign.

“I don’t go around thinking about the label of being a Black woman,” she said. “What I’m thinking about right now is just how I’m going to deliver for the people across the state. It’s just about how will you make my life better and why should I vote for you.”

Bottoms also noted that the governor’s race is an open seat; Gov. Brian Kemp is not on the ballot, which she said gives Democrats an advantage heading into November.

“There are some inherent challenges when you go against an incumbent,” she said. “The fact that it’s an open seat gives us an even better opportunity to pick up the seat.”

On policy, Bottoms outlined several priorities she said she would pursue on day one as governor. She said she would extend the current gas tax suspension to provide relief at the pump, and pledged to expand Medicaid, a move she said would reverse the closure of nine rural hospitals and stop Georgia from leaving federal dollars on the table.

Advertisement

“Half our counties don’t even have OB-GYNs and pediatricians,” she said. “People are having to travel sometimes upwards of an hour or more to receive specialized care.”

Bottoms also called for increasing the state’s average starting teacher pay from $43,000 to $60,000 a year and eliminating state income taxes for teachers. On housing, she pledged to work with builders who specialize in affordable and workforce housing through low-interest loans and grants for homeowners.



Source link

Continue Reading

Atlanta, GA

Flash flood warning issued as heavy rain falls across Atlanta

Published

on

Flash flood warning issued as heavy rain falls across Atlanta


ATLANTA, Ga. (Atlanta News First) — Heavy downpours in the city of Atlanta has prompted the National Weather Service to issue a flash flood warning and had closed all lanes of the Downtown Connector.

The rain caused several issues on roads. There are also reports of flooding along North Avenue in the city.

>> First Alert Radar

An Atlanta News First viewer showed video of a Waymo, an autonomous car, stuck in the flooded waters along North Avenue near Piedmont Avenue.

Advertisement

>> Latest Forecast

A flash flood warning was issued for Atlanta.(Atlanta News First)

The northbound lanes of the Downtown Connector were closed between Freedom Parkway and Peachtree and Pine streets exits since after 5 p.m. Shortly after 6:30 p.m., traffic started moving again.

The National Weather Service is expected to upgrade the flood warning to “considerable.”

Some areas in Downtown Atlanta saw more than 2-inches and up to 3-inches of rain fall in a short period of time, according to First Alert Meteorologist Patrick Pete.

Feel more informed, prepared, and connected with FOX Carolina. For more free content like this, download our apps.

Advertisement

Copyright 2026 WHNS. All rights reserved.



Source link

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending