Minneapolis, MN
Minneapolis city council passes Gaza ceasefire resolution
In calling for a ceasefire, Minneapolis joins more than 60 other localities since the war began nearly four months ago.
Minneapolis joins the growing list of localities calling for a ceasefire in Gaza. [Getty]
The Minneapolis City Council has passed a resolution calling for an immediate ceasefire in Gaza, making it one of the largest US cities to take the position.
The measure, passing with a 9-3 veto-proof vote, calls for an immediate and permanent ceasefire, an end to US aid to Israel, and the release of Palestinian and Israeli political prisoners, in addition to other steps to de-escalate the violence and humanitarian crisis in Gaza.
“We thank the council members, coalitions and community members who have been advocating for this in the last two months. This resolution is not just symbolic, but also very important and powerful, and it highlights how this issue is impacting our local community members and residents of Minneapolis,” Jaylani Hussein, executive director for the Minnesota chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, said in a public statement.
“The ball is now in the court of our federal delegation and representatives. They need to listen to their constituents and other American citizens calling them every day to call for a ceasefire. The killings need to stop right now,” he added.
Since 7 October, when Hamas launched a surprise attack and killed around 1,150 Israeli civilians and military personnel. For its part, Israel killed more than 26,000 Palestinians and wounded around 70,000 in the Gaza Strip and the occupied West Bank, many of whom were women and children.
Minneapolis, which is home to progressive Congresswoman Ilhan Omar, is known for having a significant Somali Muslim community and has historically been a leader in leftist causes.
In calling for a ceasefire, Minneapolis joins more than 60 other localities since the war began nearly four months ago.
This week’s vote in Minneapolis, with a population of around 430,000, makes it the second-largest city so far to vote in favour of a ceasefire. Earlier this month, the Board of Supervisors in San Francisco, with a population of around 874,000, voted 8-3 for a ceasefire.
Minneapolis, MN
1 injured, dog rescued in north Minneapolis house fire; cause under investigation
Investigators in north Minneapolis are looking into the cause of a house fire that injured an adult and required a dog to be rescued on Saturday afternoon.
Crews responded to the fire at the one-and-a-half-story home on the 2000 block of Logan Avenue North around 12:33 p.m. They were able to “quickly extinguish” flames they found in a bedroom on the first floor, according to the Minneapolis Fire Department.
Officials said the adult was treated for burns to their hands and the rescued dog was not harmed.
According to the fire department, the home was “deemed uninhabitable” due to damage from the blaze.
The American Red Cross helped two adults and three children after the incident.
Minneapolis, MN
Minneapolis fire leaves 1 person seriously injured, dog dead
MINNEAPOLIS (FOX 9) – One person is recovering from serious injuries after the Minneapolis Fire Department rescued them from a burning home.
Minneapolis Thanksgiving fire
What we know:
The Minneapolis Fire Department said its crews battled a fire at a two-story home in the 3600 block of Garfield Avenue South around 4:45 p.m. on Thursday, Thanksgiving Day.
Crews then used a ladder to rescue the person from the second story of the burning home.
That person, identified only as an adult, was taken to the hospital in serious condition.
A dog died after crews rescued it from the home, according to the Minneapolis Fire Department.
What we don’t know:
Authorities have not shared any details on what may have caused the fire.
Details on the rescued adult were not specified.
The Source: This story uses information shared by the Minneapolis Fire Department.
Minneapolis, MN
SERVPRO of Downtown Minneapolis/Team Clemente Expands Technology Investment
November 26, 2025 – PRESSADVANTAGE –
SERVPRO of Downtown Minneapolis/Team Clemente has announced significant investments in advanced restoration technology and enhanced service capabilities to better serve Minneapolis-area property owners facing water, fire, and mold damage. The expansion represents the company’s ongoing commitment to delivering comprehensive restoration solutions using industry-leading equipment and proven methodologies.
The technology enhancement initiative focuses on upgrading the company’s restoration equipment arsenal and implementing advanced techniques designed to restore damaged properties to their pre-loss condition more efficiently. These improvements complement the company’s existing IICRC certifications in water damage restoration, mold remediation, and fire damage restoration, strengthening their position as a comprehensive restoration service provider in the Minneapolis market.
SERVPRO of Downtown Minneapolis/Team Clemente has served the Minneapolis community for over ten years, building expertise in addressing the region’s specific restoration challenges. The company’s approach combines emergency response capabilities with reconstruction services, providing property owners with integrated solutions from initial damage assessment through complete restoration.
The investment in advanced technology addresses the increasing complexity of restoration projects in the Minneapolis area, where properties frequently experience damage from severe weather conditions, frozen pipes, and seasonal flooding. The enhanced capabilities enable the company to handle both residential and commercial restoration projects with greater precision and efficiency.
“We recognize that property damage situations require both immediate response and long-term restoration expertise,” said Scott Clemente, Owner of SERVPRO of Downtown Minneapolis/Team Clemente. “Our investment in advanced technology ensures we can provide Minneapolis property owners with the most effective restoration solutions available.”
The company’s comprehensive approach includes direct communication with insurance adjusters and thorough damage documentation, streamlining the claims process for property owners. This service model has positioned the business as a preferred provider among insurance professionals and property owners throughout the Minneapolis metropolitan area.
SERVPRO of Downtown Minneapolis/Team Clemente maintains 24/7 emergency response capabilities, averaging 60-minute response times for urgent situations. The company’s team of over 65 employees provides coverage across downtown Minneapolis and central Minneapolis neighborhoods, addressing water damage from burst pipes, sewage backups, storm flooding, and equipment failures.
The technology expansion also enhances the company’s mold remediation capabilities, addressing moisture-related issues that commonly affect Minneapolis properties due to the region’s climate conditions. Advanced moisture detection and air quality monitoring equipment enable more precise identification and remediation of mold problems in basements, crawl spaces, and other vulnerable areas.
Fire damage restoration services benefit from upgraded soot removal technology and enhanced deodorization capabilities. The improved equipment allows for more effective smoke odor elimination and water damage mitigation from firefighting efforts, reducing overall restoration timelines for affected properties.
The company’s damage restoration services encompass both mitigation and reconstruction phases, providing property owners with continuity throughout the restoration process. This integrated approach eliminates the need for multiple contractors and ensures consistent quality standards from initial emergency response through final reconstruction.
As a family-operated business, SERVPRO of Downtown Minneapolis/Team Clemente continues to prioritize community relationships and customer service excellence. The technology investment reinforces the company’s commitment to maintaining industry leadership in restoration capabilities while preserving the personalized service approach that has defined their reputation in the Minneapolis market.
The enhanced technology capabilities position SERVPRO of Downtown Minneapolis/Team Clemente to address evolving restoration challenges with greater precision, efficiency, and reliability. These advancements strengthen their ability to respond quickly to complex property damage scenarios and reinforce their role as a trusted restoration partner for Minneapolis-area property owners facing unexpected water, fire, or mold damage situations. By combining certified expertise with cutting-edge tools, the team continues to deliver consistent, high-quality outcomes that safeguard properties.
###
For more information about SERVPRO of Downtown Minneapolis/Team Clemente, contact the company here:
SERVPRO of Downtown Minneapolis/Team Clemente
Scott Clemente
(651) 564-9277
scott@servpro10278.com
1770 Hennepin Ave B1, Minneapolis, MN 55403
Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. XPRMedia and this Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you are affiliated with this page and would like it removed please contact pressreleases@xpr.media
-
Science1 week agoWashington state resident dies of new H5N5 form of bird flu
-
World1 week agoZelenskiy meets Turkish president as word emerges of new US peace push
-
Business4 days agoStruggling Six Flags names new CEO. What does that mean for Knott’s and Magic Mountain?
-
New York1 week agoDriver Who Killed Mother and Daughters Sentenced to 3 to 9 Years
-
World1 week agoUnclear numbers: What we know about Italian military aid to Ukraine
-
Politics2 days agoRep. Swalwell’s suit alleges abuse of power, adds to scrutiny of Trump official’s mortgage probes
-
Northeast1 week agoCamelot or Cringe?: Meet JFK’s grandson turned congressional candidate for the scrolling generation
-
Ohio3 days agoSnow set to surge across Northeast Ohio, threatening Thanksgiving travel