Austin, TX
Longhorns Ex Christian Jones Reveals Why ‘Texas is Back!’ After Joining Arizona Cardinals
AUSTIN — Many Texas fans felt Sam Ehlinger put a “curse” on the program after confidently saying “We’re baaaack” following the Sugar Bowl win over Georgia in 2019.
Exactly five years later to the day, the Longhorns found themselves in the same stadium on an even bigger stage. Though the thrilling loss to Washington was as heartbreaking as they come, Texas reestablished itself among college football’s elite, something a Longhorns draftee talked about recently.
Former Texas offensive tackle Christian Jones, who was selected by the Arizona Cardinals in the fifth round of the 2024 NFL Draft last month, spoke to the Arizona media about his time at Texas didn’t hesitate to utter the infamous three-word phrase.
“Honestly, big shout out to Coach Sark, for real,” Jones said.“Coach Sark came in to a ’21 team that really had no culture. All the growing pains and all that to turn it around in such a short time, we
got rid of all the anchors and now we have straight oars. Everyone’s on the same mission, doing the same thing. Same mindset. Anyone who is not with it, they can get gone. For real. I think Texas is back, you feel me? Just off of culture alone.”
Jones appeared in 61 games while making 48 starts during his six years at Texas. He was a Joe Moore Award semifinalist in 2023 and an honorable mention All-Big 12 selection in 2022 and 2023 by the league’s coaches. He did this all while blocking for Bijan Robinson, Roschon Johnson and Jonathon Brooks, all of whom are now in the NFL.
“Arizona got a great player and person, and a guy with a very bright future in the NFL,” Sarkisian said after Jones was drafted.
Austin, TX
Austin, Texas shooting leaves 4 injured, 3 in custody. What we know
Police release new footage of gunman who opened fire at Austin bar
Police released new CCTV and body cam footage of the gunman who opened fire at an Austin bar.
Three juvenile individuals are in custody following a weekend crime spree of 12 shootings that left four people injured and multiple car thefts in Austin, Texas.
The crimes occurred starting at 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 16, and ended on Sunday, May 17, resulting in the arrest of a 15-year-old, a 17-year-old and a third individual, Austin Police Department Chief Lisa Davis said Sunday, May 17.
“The 17-year-old has a warrant for his arrest for a theft of a gun from the same store the 15-year-old stole a gun from,” Davis said at a news conference.
The string of crimes started when Austin PD was first notified of a stolen vehicle from an apartment complex, followed by the theft of a firearm. Following that, Davis said an estimated 20 service calls were received in the South and Southeast Austin areas regarding the individuals.
“Two times they fired at a firehouse and struck a truck,” Davis said. “Into apartment buildings where officers had to go door to door, ensuring that everyone was safe.”
In total, two separate fire houses, several buildings and apartment complexes were fired upon by the individuals, in addition to four vehicles being stolen.
Of the four individuals injured, three have been confirmed to have sustained non-life-threatening injuries, with the fourth sustaining critical injuries.
Police were able to connect these events to the three individuals, but Davis said there is no known motive for the series of events.
The crime spree concluded when Manor PD conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle that the individuals were driving. The individuals fled, but two of them were apprehended on Sunday.
Following the news conference, the Manor Police Department announced a third individual — a juvenile — who had fled the vehicle earlier on Sunday had been detained with no ongoing threat to the public.
Gov. Greg Abbott released a statement on social media calling the individuals dangerous.
“If they are ever released from jail, they will surely harm again,” Abbott said. “The DA & Court must do their job and keep these criminals behind bars.”
Anyone with information should contact the Aggravated Assault Unit at 512-974-5177 or submit tips anonymously through austincrimestoppers.org or by calling 512-472-8477.
Austin, TX
2 arrested, 3rd suspect sought after series of shootings in Austin, Texas
Anadolu staff
18 May 2026•Update: 18 May 2026
Two suspects were taken into custody and police continued searching for a third suspect on Sunday following a series of shootings in Austin, Texas that injured four people, authorities said.
Austin Police Department Chief Lisa Davis said the suspects were linked to at least 10 attacks carried out between Saturday and Sunday, adding that one victim sustained serious injuries while three others suffered minor wounds.
Police said the shootings appeared to be random and that no clear motive had been identified. Most incidents occurred in South Austin, including at least two shootings targeting fire stations.
“At this time, the investigation is ongoing, and APD (Austin Police Department) asks that our community remain vigilant,” the department said in a press release.
Authorities lifted a shelter-in-place order that had been issued for parts of South Austin, while a separate order remained in effect Sunday in the nearby Manor area as officers searched for the remaining suspect.
The Austin Fire Department said two of its stations were struck by gunfire in separate incidents late Saturday and Sunday morning, though no firefighters were injured and only minor damage was reported.
Officials urged residents to remain vigilant and asked anyone with information to contact police or Crime Stoppers, a community-based, non-profit program that allows citizens to submit anonymous tips about criminal activity and unsolved cases.
Austin, TX
One dead after car strikes semi-truck, rolls over on US 183
AUSTIN, TX — One person is dead after a vehicle hit a semi-truck and rolled over on US 183 in Northwest Austin early Sunday morning, police said.
Officers responded to the 11200 block of northbound Research Boulevard, near Balcones Woods Drive, at 2:24 a.m.
ALSO | Shelter-in-place lifted after SWAT response in Kyle; suspect taken into custody
The Austin Police Department initially said that one person was taken to the hospital, but later confirmed the person had been pronounced deceased.
The driver of the semi-truck remained at the scene.
All northbound lanes of US 183 near Breaker Lane are shut down. Drivers are advised to expect delays and plan alternate routes.
-
Oklahoma3 minutes agoScotfest Oklahoma returns in 2026, will be final event for historic festival
-
Oregon9 minutes agoMarion County sheriff releases sex offender information under Oregon public safety law
-
Rhode Island21 minutes ago
Rhode Island Philharmonic Orchestra announces 2026 Summer Pops schedule
-
South-Carolina27 minutes agoCommentary: Echoes of yesterday in today’s SC redistricting debate
-
South Dakota33 minutes agoEastern South Dakota farmer finishes planting ahead of schedule – Brownfield Ag News
-
Tennessee39 minutes ago
18 officer-involved shooting cases statewide so far in 2026, per TBI
-
Texas45 minutes agoTarget is remodeling stores in Texas. See which ones
-
Utah51 minutes agoCocker spaniel joins Utah County Sheriff’s Office as detection dog