New Hampshire
Obituary for Caterina "Cathy" Belanger at STRINGER FUNERAL HOME
New Hampshire
New Hampshire police plan to charge
Following the arrest of more than 50 people after a “takeover” at Hampton Beach in New Hampshire during the hot weather on Tuesday, the police chief tells WBZ-TV his department is seeking to charge those who organized the event.
Flyers posted on various social media sites advertised a “Hampton Beach Takeover.” The result was that on Tuesday, thousands of kids, many of them high school seniors skipping school, congregated at Hampton Beach.
When the skies opened and it started rain around 4:30, the group of teens ran onto Ocean Boulevard, where police say that fights broke out. Fifty people were arrested for charges, including alcohol possession and disorderly conduct.
Beach takeovers like this are not uncommon. WBZ-TV has covered several similar situations on Revere Beach in Massachusetts.
Local Hampton business owner Kristen Statires said this has become an annual issue, happening on the first hot weather day of every season since the pandemic.
“And the police know about it, we know about it, so we were expecting it. Like we knew it was going to happen,” she said.
When the kids ran into the street, she closed her shop doors and shut down for the day.
In a phone call with WBZ, Hampton Police Chief Alex Reno said his department already knows the two groups of people behind organizing the beach takeover, and plans to file the appropriate charges.
“It would be an aggressive move on the police’s part, but it would certainly send a message,” said WBZ legal analyst Jennifer Roman.
Reno said his department was continuing to gather evidence and is working with law-enforcement partners across New England and even at the federal level to determine the appropriate charges before issuing arrest warrants. The hope is that charging the organizers creates a deterrent for any future similar behavior.
New Hampshire
Nashua Man Had Baggies Of Cocaine, Fentanyl, And Meth Inside Coalition Apartment Building, Concord Cops Say
CONCORD, NH — The fifth person arrested during a drug raid at the Concord Coalition to End Homelessness apartment building downtown is due back in court for a probable cause hearing next month.
Wilkie Gabriel Reyes Reynoso, 27, of Kendrick Street in Nashua, was arrested on May 14 on three felony counts of possession of a controlled drug.
On May 13, just before midnight, police executed a search warrant at an apartment in the Coalition’s new building on South State Street. The warrant was for the apartment and anyone located inside, according to an affidavit.
Also Read
Earlier in the evening, Denise Davenport, 57, who listed the address as her residence despite being trespassed from all Concord Coalition properties, was picked up on an electronic bench warrant as well as two felony counts of acts prohibited-sale of controlled drugs.
Editor’s note: This post was derived from information supplied by the Concord Police Department and Concord District Court and does not indicate a conviction. This link explains how to request the removal of a name from New Hampshire Patch police reports.
Officers arrived at the apartment and detained multiple people.
Reyes Reynoso was accused of possessing a baggie of fentanyl, a baggie of methamphetamine, and two baggies of cocaine. He also had a cell phone vape, a cell phone, and $295 in cash, the affidavit said. Reyes Reynoso was processed and held on preventative detention.
Crystal Marquis Credit: Concord Police Department
Crystal Marquis, 46, of Concord, on a resisting arrest or detention charge.

Brittany Price Credit: Concord Police Department
Brittany Price, 29, of Concord, on a Merrimack County Sheriff’s Department warrant on a theft by unauthorized taking charge, as well as warrants from the Hooksett police, Brentwood District Court, and two Franklin District Court warrants. Another man, in his late 40s, was detained but has not been charged, according to police documents. According to the affidavit, “(he) was searched and nothing was located on his person.”
Reyes Reynoso was deemed “indigent” by Judge Ryan Guptill and given a public defender. He was released on personal recognizance after being arraigned on May 14 and is due back in Concord District Court for a probable cause hearing on June 8.
New Hampshire
Stabbing Victim Dies, Man Faces Murder Charge | Riot At The Beach, Dozens Arrested | More: PM Patch NH
Community Corner
Also: Massive brush fire goes to 4 alarms; small businesses raise concerns about labor shortage; Planet Fitness bathroom policy under fire.
CONCORD, NH — Here are some share-worthy stories from the New Hampshire Patch network to discuss this afternoon and evening.
This post features stories and information published during the past 24 hours.
Ayotte Kicks Off New Hampshire’s Summer Travel And Tourism Season With Ice Cream And Apple Crisp: Video: Officials say New Hampshire’s Original Ice Cream Trail offers 69 “must-visit” shops in every part of the Granite State this summer.
Find out what’s happening in Concordfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Manchester Man Accused Of Stabbing Another Man Outside Queen City Gas Station: Antonio Cajigas was charged with one count of second-degree murder for causing the death of Christopher Marcoux by stabbing him on Monday.
Hampton Beach Sees 51 Arrests After Fights Prompt Unlawful Assembly Declaration: Police said 127 calls for service were logged, and charges include riot, assault, driving under the influence, and disorderly conduct.
Find out what’s happening in Concordfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Concord, Other Firefighters Extinguish Massive Brush Fire Near Webster Town Line: Video: With some help from the National Guard, firefighters and forestry units found several fires near power lines off Blackwater Road Wednesday.
Concord Planet Fitness Bathroom Controversy Puts Statehouse Bill Battle In Spotlight: When Judy Walcott raised concerns about a man in the women’s bathroom, PF canceled her membership, charged an extra month, and called cops.
Help Wanted: NH Small Businesses Say Labor Shortage Still Top Concern: The National Federation of Independent Business says finding qualified workers and dealing with the impacts of inflation are big concerns.
Milford Trout Fishing Derby At Ryefield Farm Offers Free Entry, Food, Prizes: Former WWE Superstar Ted Arcidi is hosting a free trout fishing derby in Milford with stocked fishing and tagged trout prizes.
Concord Artist Saad Hindal Chosen To Design 52nd Annual Market Days Festival Poster: The new poster contest invited Concord Arts Market artists to create a design reflecting Market Days and Concord.
Teacher Of The Year Down To 3 | Indictments | Cheapest Gas For Memorial Day Weekend | More: PM Patch NH: Executive councilor makes right-to-know request concerning murder-suicide case; Granite State Challenge finals; neo-Nazi trial delayed.
Cheap Gas, Part 2
Here are some more posts about where to find cheap gas in your community.
Here are some other posts readers may have missed:
If You’re Stressed About Money, Here Are 6 Things Experts Say You Should Do
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.
-
Denver, CO1 minute agoFamily identifies teenage victim of deadly shooting at recreation center in Denver
-
Seattle, WA7 minutes agoSeattle Social Housing Developer buys $60M apartment building
-
San Diego, CA13 minutes agoPhotos: Graduates of the University of San Diego
-
Milwaukee, WI19 minutes agoThe Milwaukee Brewers launch a new statewide mural series
-
Atlanta, GA25 minutes agoAtlanta World Cup Ebola restrictions: Congo soccer team to isolate in Belgium
-
Minneapolis, MN31 minutes agoNonprofit honors George Floyd with yellow roses during Day of Remembrance in Minneapolis
-
Indianapolis, IN37 minutes agoFever beat Valkyries, wrap up homestand with third straight win
-
Pittsburg, PA43 minutes agoAn AI-powered app can tell you how much your gold jewelry is worth. How accurate is it?