Connect with us

Connecticut

Must Connecticut subsidize more illegal immigration?

Published

on

Must Connecticut subsidize more illegal immigration?


Connecticut’s state government seems to think that illegal immigration isn’t a problem here, just – maybe – in other states. The other day state officials gathered with advocates of illegal…

Purchase a Subscription and Register

Advertisement
Previous articleProtests should target issues close to home
Next articleFormer residenttrooper lays out case for hiring a 2nd trooper in Kent



Source link

Connecticut

One male dead following a shooting in New London

Published

on

One male dead following a shooting in New London


One person has died after a shooting in New London on Sunday night.

At around 7:20 p.m., the New London Police Department responded to a call for shots fired on Connecticut Avenue between Prest Street and McDonald Street.

Upon arrival, officers located one adult male with a gunshot wound to his lower extremity and immediately began to provide medical assistance until he was transported to the hospital for treatment.

The male was pronounced dead shortly after his arrival to the hospital.

Advertisement

The identity of the victim has not been released.

The New London Police Department is continuing to investigate the scene, including conducting interviews as a part of their investigation.

Anyone with information regarding the shooting can contact the New London Police Department Detective Division at 860-447-1481.

Anyone can also send an anonymous tip to the New London Tips 411 system by texting NLPDTip, plus the information to Tip411 (847411).

Further details will be provided as the investigation continues.

Advertisement



Source link

Continue Reading

Connecticut

Man shot and killed in New London

Published

on

Man shot and killed in New London


NEW LONDON, Conn. (WFSB) – A man was shot and killed on Sunday evening in New London, according to police.

The identity of the victim has not been released.

Crews responded to reports of shots fired around 7:19 p.m. on Connecticut Avenue between Prest Street and McDonald Street.

The road remained closed for the investigation.

Advertisement

Officers found the victim with a gunshot wound to his lower extremity. He was brought to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Police have also not said if they’ve identified a suspect.

The New London Police Department’s Detective Division has taken over the investigation, which remains active and ongoing. Detectives are processing the scene and conducting interviews.

Police said they are committed to ensuring community safety and will dedicate all necessary resources to the investigation.

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the New London Police Department Detective Division at 860-447-1481. Anonymous tips can be submitted via the New London Tips 411 system by texting NLPDTip plus the information to Tip411 (847411).

Advertisement

Police said further information will be released as the investigation progresses.



Source link

Continue Reading

Connecticut

NASA astronaut from Connecticut arrives at International Space Station

Published

on

NASA astronaut from Connecticut arrives at International Space Station


An astronaut from Connecticut, a member of the SpaceX Crew-12, arrived Saturday at the International Space Station.

Navy Captain Jack Hathaway, of South Windsor, is part of the four-astronaut crew.

The crew launched in a SpaceX rocket from Cape Canaveral in Florida Friday morning at 5:15 a.m.

Hathaway will call the ISS home for the next eight months.

Advertisement

Last month’s medical evacuation was NASA’s first in 65 years of human spaceflight. One of four astronauts launched by SpaceX last summer suffered what officials described as a serious health issue, prompting their hasty return. That left only three crew members to keep the place running — one American and two Russians — prompting NASA to pause spacewalks and trim research.

Along with Hathaway, moving in for eight to nine months are NASA’s Jessica Meir, France’s Sophie Adenot and Russia’s Andrei Fedyaev. Meir, a marine biologist, and Fedyaev, a former military pilot, have lived up there before. During her first station visit in 2019, Meir took part in the first all-female spacewalk.

Adenot, a military helicopter pilot, is only the second French woman to fly in space. Hathaway is a captain in the U.S. Navy.

A couple of hours later, the hatches swung open and the seven space travelers hugged and exchanged exuberant high-fives. “Let’s get rolling,” Meir said.

NASA has refused to divulge the identity of the astronaut who fell ill in orbit on Jan. 7 or explain what happened, citing medical privacy. The ailing astronaut and three others returned to Earth more than a month sooner than planned. They spent their first night back on Earth at the hospital before returning to Houston.

Advertisement

The space agency said it did not alter its preflight medical checks for their replacements.

AP Wire Services contributed to this report.



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending