Midwest
Viral video shows anti-ICE school walkout teens invading Kroger, hurling objects: ‘Ought to be prosecuted’
NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
A video of students wreaking havoc Wednesday in a Cincinnati Kroger after walking out of school for a purported anti-ICE demonstration has gone viral.
In the video, taken by McAdrian Martin, who was shopping at the time of the incident, students ran through aisles and threw objects at the store’s ceiling. Martin said they were beer cans and other adult beverages that had been ripped from the shelves.
A security yelled at the students to get out of the store.
“It said, ‘F ICE,’” a female patron told Martin in the video, apparently referring to a sign held by one of the protesters. “They just came over here and went to the beer section and threw our beers.”
High school students create chaos in a Cincinnati Kroger during an anti-ICE school walkout Feb. 18, 2026. (Credit: McAdrian Martin)
The students walked out of schools in the North College Hill School City School District to protest ICE, part of an ongoing national trend that left-wing activists claim is student-driven.
The school condemned the behavior in a Facebook post, even linking to the now-viral video.
“This video is disturbing and the parents and families of these students should be embarrassed,” the post said, adding that the school would be working with the North College Hill Police Department to “identify these students so they can be held accountable for their disorderly behavior.”
Craig Chaney, the department’s interim police chief, also posted a statement on Facebook.
McAdrian Martin filmed the incident in the Cincinnati Kroger. (Courtesy of McAdrian Martin)
IT’S NOT STUDENTS ORGANIZING ICE WALKOUTS — HERE’S WHO’S REALLY BEHIND THE NATIONWIDE PROTESTS
“First and foremost, we recognize that peaceful expression is a constitutional right,” the statement began. “Our department respects the rights of students and community members to assemble and express their views lawfully and peacefully. During the high school protest, officers were present to ensure the safety of students, staff, and the public. Our primary role was to maintain order, prevent traffic hazards, and ensure that no one was placed at risk.”
While the department said a majority of the students protested in an orderly fashion, they moved in to quell the chaos when it arose.
“When actions moved beyond peaceful expression and began affecting public safety and private property rights, officers intervened to restore order,” the statement said.
RHODE ISLAND ACTIVIST SLAMS ADULT-RUN NONPROFIT THAT PROMOTED ‘STUDENT-LED’ ANTI-ICE SCHOOL WALKOUT
In a candid interview with Fox News Digital, Martin shared his strong opinions on the delinquent youths.
“What about it was a group of students, North College Hills students, was protesting ICE, but they came in the store. They was being loud and obnoxious. They was damaging property, and they was interfering with the customers,” he said.
Protesters gather at 45th and Lamar in Austin, Texas, Jan. 8, 2026, to rally against ICE after the fatal shooting of Renee Nicole Good. (Stephanie Tacy/NurPhoto via Getty Images)
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
He said the ceiling of the store was damaged during the chaos, and one man was even hit in the head with a projectile. Martin noted that while the injury was not serious enough to call paramedics, the man was “highly upset.”
“I do think that whoever is responsible for the chaos ought to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the court,” said Martin. “It’s not safe for the environment. It’s not safe for the customers. It’s not safe for people. So, whoever was responsible and whoever did come to the store should be held liable by the law.”
North College Hill School City School District did not return a request for comment.
Read the full article from Here
Detroit, MI
Detroit teen charged, will be tried as adult in downtown shooting
A 17-year-old has been charged in a nonfatal ‘teen takeover’ shooting.
The Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office charged 17‑year‑old Ramon Javon Perez Smith of Detroit in connection with the non‑fatal shooting of a 14‑year‑old Detroit male. Prosecutor Kym Worthy confirmed that Smith will be tried as an adult.
Smith is charged with assault with intent to murder, assault with intent to do great bodily harm, felonious assault, carrying a concealed weapon, and three counts of felony firearm.
He was arraigned Saturday and given a $500,000 cash bond, along with a GPS tether, house arrest, and an order barring contact with the victim or any witnesses. A bond re‑determination hearing is scheduled for Wednesday, May 27, 2026, before Judge McConico.
Another teen was also charged in the shooting that happened in downtown Detroit during the “teen takeover” event.
The preliminary hearing for a 16-year old from Detroit was held Tuesday on charges of carrying a concealed weapon. He received a $4,000 bond with house arrest.
He was also ordered not to possess any firearms or illegal substances. A pre-trial hearing is scheduled for July 2.
Detroit police were called to the 1300 block of Farmer Street around 9:37 p.m. on May 17, after reports of a shooting. Officers arrived to find the teenage victim with a gunshot wound to the chest. Medics transported him to a nearby hospital where he received emergency treatment and is expected to survive.
According to investigators, Smith was involved in a physical altercation with a group that included the victim. Prosecutors allege that Smith pulled out a handgun and fired multiple shots into the group, hitting the 14‑year‑old before fleeing the scene. Detroit police arrested Smith shortly afterward.
“We are thankful that the 14‑year‑old victim received immediate medical care and will survive this traumatic event,” Prosecutor Worthy said in the release.
mjohnson@detroitnews.com
Milwaukee, WI
In Focus: State Sen. Johnson evaluates Milwaukee’s climbing homicide numbers
This week on “In Focus,” State Sen. LaTonya Johnson, D-Milwaukee, discussed Milwaukee’s climbing homicide numbers from 2024 through 2025 and what’s behind them.
She discussed what needs to happen in Madison and at the local level in Milwaukee to reduce the number of crimes city-wide. Johnson said she believes more family involvement is part of the complex solution to make the city and state safer.
Minneapolis, MN
‘He was just the best kid’: Grandparents grieve 16-year-old shot and killed in north Minneapolis
“He was just the best kid, he was so loving, that’s the biggest thing about him, he loved his family, that was everything to him,” said James Nelson.
Homicide investigation underway in north Minneapolis after double shooting leaves 16-year-old dead
James was referring to his 16‑year‑old grandson, Cordero Montgomery Jr., also known as “Junior,” who family identified as the teen shot and killed Thursday in north Minneapolis.
James and Wendy Nelson are Junior’s father’s foster parents, and consider Junior their grandson.
James said the last text message they exchanged with him is something the couple keeps replaying. “The last thing he said was ‘I love you,’ and he said, ‘I love you more.’”
They are remembering him as a loving teenager who constantly told them how much he cared.
They said the day of the incident, Junior had been visiting a friend in north Minneapolis and was supposed to take the bus to their home in St. Paul afterward.
“All I know is they were walking, and I guess he, somebody got out of a car and started shooting, and then he ran. Junior ran down the sidewalk a ways,” Wendy said.
Advocates sound alarm after teen is shot and killed in north Minneapolis
The family said he was shot 11 times.
“They must have been really mad at him, or who knows. We don’t know. We got to wait till the detectives find out. It just doesn’t make sense,” he said.
Wendy said she learned about the shooting through a text message.
“All I got was ‘Please call, Junior is dead.’ So I immediately ran out of the bedroom. I was very upset, kind of uncontrollably upset, and gave the phone to James, but [it] didn’t feel real, not until I got there,” she said.
Minneapolis police said officers found Junior outside on 18th Avenue North and performed life‑saving measures, but he later died at the scene. The family said they cannot understand why anyone would do something so violent.
“Why? He’s 16, you know. He’s 16,” Wendy said. “What would he have done that deserved to die for, and get rid of the guns?”
“He was just a kid,” James said.
Flowers now lay near the space where he took his last breath.
“It’s so senseless,” Wendy said.
The grandparents said they later learned people were recording video of Cordero’s body at the scene. Wendy said they wish people would think about how they would feel if it were their own family.
James also said they were hurt by comments online.
“Yeah, somebody on Facebook said, ‘Ho hum, just another day in north Minneapolis,’ and I said, ‘That’s my grandson, and right now it is all everything, but ho hum.’” He added, “I wanted to put a name to my grandson’s death.”
James said he needed to see an image of Junior to accept what happened. When asked if he saw an image of him on the ground, he said, “I did,” and added, “I just said, I have to see my boy.” After he saw the image, he thought, “Yeah, this is real.”
Minneapolis police said a 44‑year‑old man was also shot and injured with non‑life‑threatening injuries. The grandparents said they don’t know who he is or what connection, if any, there is to Junior.
They described Junior as a smart, respectful teenager who was thriving in a school where he received one‑on‑one attention. They said he was going to be a sophomore next school year.
“He was getting straight A’s. I mean, he is really smart and very respectful. People always tell me, ‘Man, that’s a really respectful young man you have there,’ all the time, because he was just the best,” James said.
He also said Junior loved video games and was preparing to apply for a job.
Junior often stayed with them for days at a time.
“He’d come over for weekends. Yeah, he’d stay for days. He loved it so quiet over here,” Wendy said.
She said he was also affectionate. “We were leaving one day, we dropped him off, and he goes, ‘Oh no, Grandma, you need to give me a hug,’ that’s, I mean, a 16-year-old, you know, and he always hearted with a text, you know, just amazing,” Wendy said.
The family is also carrying an older grief. The Nelsons said Junior’s mother previously lost a young daughter during a surgery.
They say Junior’s mother is too devastated to speak publicly right now, and part of why they agreed to talk was to take pressure off of her.
“We have a GoFundMe for Support Cordero to help a single mother, and she’s already lost one child, James said. “It’s really, really tough,” James said.
The grandparents also spoke about mental health and the need for more support in the community.
“People need to treat mental health like physical health. That’s what I would like to get out of this, that our community would wake up and deal with mental health,” James said.
He said he wishes people would think about consequences before tragedy.
“Try and be a better person before a tragedy happens. Just think, look at other people’s consequences, look at other families’ consequences, and just try and put yourself in their place. That could be you if you keep up this on this road,” James said.
The couple also said they moved out of north Minneapolis after gunfire near their home years ago; they said they have seen firsthand how violence affects families.
For the person who pulled the trigger, Wendy had a direct message.
“Whoever you are, you, you took a 16-year-old’s life over something probably really stupid, and there’s no reason for it, you know, get rid of the guns.”
Now, they hope justice comes soon.
Minneapolis police said there have not been any arrests or updates in the case.
MPD juvenile shooting numbers
Minneapolis police data provided to KSTP shows 12 juvenile shooting victims so far in 2026, making up 17% of all shooting victims (the percentage represents the share of all shooting victims who were juveniles).
A year‑to‑date comparison shows:
- 2026: 12 juvenile victims (17%)
- 2025: 6 juvenile victims (7%)
- 2024: 13 juvenile victims (15%)
- 2023: 17 juvenile victims (14%)
- 2022: 14 juvenile victims (8%)
Annual totals from MPD show:
- 2025: 52 juvenile victims (17%)
- 2024: 41 juvenile victims (11%)
- 2023: 62 juvenile victims (15%)
- 2022: 58 juvenile victims (11%)
-
Fitness4 minutes agoDevon fitness community helps women rethink exercise during menopause
-
Movie Reviews16 minutes ago‘The End of It’ Review: Rebecca Hall, Gael García Bernal and Beanie Feldstein in a Compellingly Quirky, if Overstretched, Sci-Fi Exercise
-
World28 minutes agoBox Office: ‘Michael’ Nears $800 Million, ‘Devil Wears Prada 2’ Hits $600 Million Globally
-
News34 minutes agoFirefighters Still Working to Cool Garden Grove Chemical Tank
-
Politics40 minutes agoGunman in Shooting Near White House Killed in Exchange of Fire With Secret Service
-
Business46 minutes agoAt an LA Costco, Skateboarding and Learning About Loss
-
Science52 minutes agoRFK Jr.’s Push to Curb Antidepressants Has Shaken Psychiatry
-
Culture1 hour agoSummer’s Best Beach Reads

