Connect with us

Detroit, MI

Meet

Published

on

Meet


Meet “Survivor 47” winner and Michigan native Rachel LaMont – CBS Detroit

Watch CBS News


Michigan native Rachel LaMont was named the winner of “Survivor 47.” LaMont hails from Dexter and is a graphic designer.

Advertisement

Be the first to know

Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.




Source link

Advertisement

Detroit, MI

Detroit teenager wanted for shoplifting at Walmart nearly 100 times arrested in Pittsburgh area

Published

on

Detroit teenager wanted for shoplifting at Walmart nearly 100 times arrested in Pittsburgh area



A Detroit teenager wanted for shoplifting nearly 100 times at Walmart stores across the country was arrested in the Pittsburgh area, authorities announced on Friday. 

Advertisement

The Westmoreland County District Attorney’s Office said 18-year-old Andrew Reed was arrested in the parking lot of the Walmart in North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, on Thursday. Investigators said they believe he’s responsible for a cross-country retail theft spree that spanned multiple states.

According to the district attorney’s office, North Huntingdon police were called to the Walmart on Mills Drive for a theft in progress on Thursday. Police said an employee saw a man trying to make a fraudulent purchase at a self-checkout. Employees intercepted Reed, and he left the store without the merchandise, which police said was worth more than $2,100. 

Police identified Reed after they stopped him in the parking lot, the district attorney’s office said. 

North Huntingdon police said they learned Reed had several active warrants across the United States and had been “trespassed indefinitely” from Walmart in Indiana, Florida and Arkansas. Reed was responsible for 97 separate incidents in Walmart’s loss prevention database, totaling more than $146,000, the district attorney’s office said. 

Reed was arraigned on charges of retail theft, theft by deception, criminal use of a communication facility and trespassing, according to the district attorney’s office. He was denied bail. 

Advertisement



Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Detroit, MI

Popular Detroit food truck opens first dine-in location in Oakland County

Published

on

Popular Detroit food truck opens first dine-in location in Oakland County


MADISON HEIGHTS, Mich. – Detroit 75 Kitchen, the popular food truck, is opening its first dine-in location in Oakland County this week.

The new dine-in location, at 32275 Stephenson Highway, officially opens on Friday, Feb. 20, according to a release.

Chef Mike and his brother, Ahmad Nassar, launched Detroit 75 Kitchen from a food trailer parked at their family’s truck stop on Fort Street near the Ambassador Bridge. Originally focused on feeding truck drivers and nearby workers, the operation quickly gained a following.

The brothers later tested demand with a pop-up at the former Sears Auto Center near Oakland Mall. After seeing strong community support, they decided to open a permanent restaurant in Madison Heights.

Advertisement

“Madison Heights is exactly where we want to be,” said Ahmad Nassar, co-owner of Detroit 75 Kitchen. “We started by feeding truck drivers—people who want real food at a fair price. We’re not trying to be a destination restaurant where you visit once for Instagram. We want to be the place you stop for lunch, on your way home from work, where you know the staff and they know your order. That’s what a neighborhood sandwich shop should be.”

The new restaurant represents a $1.5 million investment and will employ 25 full-time team members.

The space features a bright retro-diner design with terrazzo-style floors, mid-century-inspired finishes and unique touches like recycled Faygo pop bottles embedded in tabletops. The walls display awards, memorabilia from Detroit sporting events and art celebrating Detroit’s food culture.

A seasonal patio is expected to open later this spring.

The grand opening aligns with the first Friday of Lent, which is typically one of the business’s busiest times of year, according to the release.

Advertisement

During Lent, the new Madison Heights location will offer a daily seafood menu featuring its Fisher Fwy. Fish sandwich in catfish, haddock and Lake Erie walleye varieties, along with fish and chips and a shrimp po’ boy. Additional Lent specials are also planned.

The brand was previously named one of the Top 3 Food Trucks in the U.S. and also ranked among the Top 100 Restaurants in the country by US Weekly.

The dine-in restaurant is located at 32275 Stephenson Highway. It will be open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday. The restaurant will be closed on Sundays.

Copyright 2026 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit – All rights reserved.



Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Detroit, MI

Man attacked with hammer before 3 men found dead in Detroit home; person of interest sought

Published

on

Man attacked with hammer before 3 men found dead in Detroit home; person of interest sought


DETROIT – Police are searching for a person of interest after three men were found dead inside a Southwest Detroit home in what investigators described as a brutal attack

The investigation began around 12:45 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 18, when officers responded to a missing person call. That missing person was later identified as one of the men found dead inside the home on Edsel Street, near Francis Avenue.

When officers arrived, they encountered a surviving witness who told police he had been struck twice in the back of the head with a hammer at the home the day before, according to Detroit Police Assistant Chief Charles Fitzgerald, who provided an update on the case on Thursday afternoon. At that point, he left the location and returned to the home later. You can watch the full police update in the video at the top of this article.

After entering the residence, officers discovered the bodies of three men.

Advertisement

Police said the oldest victim was 72 years old. The other two victims were 66 and 65. One of the men was the primary resident of the home. All three men had prior criminal records.

Investigators said all three victims suffered blunt force trauma, and each had stab wounds. They were found in the basement, covered in “old dirty clothing,” and one of the men was found covered in a carpet and old clothing, according to police.

“It was a brutal scene inside,” Fitzgerald said. “Just awful.”

Police are waiting for autopsies from the Wayne County Medical Examiner’s Office to determine the exact causes of death. Police believe the killings occurred sometime between Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning.

Authorities are searching for a man described as approximately 31 to 32 years old, between 5 feet 5 inches and 5 feet 7 inches tall, with dreadlocks. The surviving witness told investigators the attack appeared to involve a single suspect.

Advertisement

Police have not established a motive yet, and said it is unknown what links the person of interest to the victims at this time.

While there has been speculation about possible drug activity, police said there is currently no evidence confirming that.

Officials noted that the resident was known to allow multiple people into the residence, but stressed that the investigation remains ongoing.

Anyone with information is urged to contact the Detroit Police Department at 313-596-2200 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-Speak Up.

Police say they will continue to release updates as more information becomes available.

Advertisement

Copyright 2026 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit – All rights reserved.



Source link

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending