World
Hamas plots infiltration at US-backed Gaza aid site, forces temporary shutdown
NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
FIRST ON FOX: The Gaza Humanitarian Foundation (GHF) was forced to shut down operations at a women’s food distribution site Thursday after what it called a credible terror threat from Hamas.
GHF spokesperson Chapin Fay told Fox News Digital that GHF had served about 4,000 of roughly 5,500 assembled Palestinian women when military-aged males amassing nearby began to pose a threat to operations. “At first, small numbers of men appeared to survey the GHF site. Those men began making phone calls, and the group grew to a strength of several hundred.”
TRUMP DELIVERS ULTIMATUM TO HAMAS: ACCEPT DEAL AND RELEASE HOSTAGES OR PAY THE CONSEQUENCES
File: Hamas terrorists marching in Gaza during a parade. (Getty Images)
“In real time, we heard from trusted local sources that Hamas was planning to rush the site. We also received credible information that Hamas operatives were planning to infiltrate women-only distributions dressed as women.”
As a result, GHF called off women-only distributions throughout all its distribution sites on Friday. Fay said that the disruption was “not a choice we want to make. It’s a decision forced by Hamas,” adding, “It’s not just threatening us. They’re threatening their own people. The women of Gaza who are simply trying to feed their children are being intimidated and endangered by the very group that claims to represent them. This is deliberate. This is strategic. And this is cruel,” he said.
Fay accused Hamas of spreading false information, “telling people that [Secure Distribution Site Three] will be closed next week.” He said that the organization is not certain whether this means that Hamas plans to attack the site.
ISRAEL STRIKE TARGETS HAMAS LEADERSHIP IN QATAR
A Palestinian woman carries a box as people seek aid supplies from the U.S.-backed Gaza Humanitarian Foundation (GHF), in the central Gaza Strip, Aug. 4, 2025. (Stringer/Reuters)
“People are visibly scared,” Fay said of the rumors and change in tempo. “They’re asking the same question we are: Why threaten the only operation feeding people at scale in Gaza?”
Hamas has attacked GHF sites previously. In July, two veterans employed by GHF were attacked with grenades of Iranian origin, which are commonly used by Hamas, while delivering aid.
Fay said that GHF has faced increased pressure on its sites since the Israel Defense Forces began their offensive against Gaza City. Fay says the organization has seen a 15%-20% increase in traffic at its sites over the past few days. “Many have never been to our sites before. They’re unfamiliar with our process, and that unfamiliarity is creating confusion. Not violence, but increased disorder.”
Gazans walk with boxes of humanitarian aid they received at a distribution centre run by the US and Israeli-backed Gaza Humanitarian Foundation (GHF). (Eyad Baba/AFP via Getty Images)
Fay called on international organizations and the United Nations to partner with GHF “so food reaches the people, not Hamas.”
Currently, according to the U.N. Office for Project Services, 5,511 trucks of aid sent into Gaza have been intercepted since May 19. Only 938 trucks (14.5%) have arrived at their intended destinations in this period.
Since starting operations in May, GHF has distributed more than 161 million meals, including 1 million today, according to the group.
World
Suffocating Western pressure may finally force Russian oil output cuts
World
Australia Hanukkah terror attack suspect seen for first time in prison
NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
The man accused of carrying out a Hanukkah terror attack in Sydney, Australia, was seen publicly for the first time Monday, appearing by video link from Goulburn Supermax prison during a hearing at Downing Center Local Court.
7NewsAustralia reported that Naveed Akram, 24, spoke only briefly during the less than 10-minute hearing as a suppression order protecting the names of some victims was extended.
“Did you hear what just occurred?” Deputy Chief Magistrate Sharon Freund asked. “Yep,” Akram replied.
“Your solicitor will call you, OK?” Freund said.
FAMILIES MOURN LOVED ONES LOST IN BONDI BEACH TERROR ATTACK: ‘NO WORDS CAN DESCRIBE THE PAIN’
A court sketch depicts accused Bondi shooter Naveed Akram appearing via video link from Goulburn Supermax prison at Downing Centre Local Court in Sydney, Monday, Feb. 16, 2026. (Rocco Fazzari/AAP Image via AP)
“Yeah,” responded the shooting suspect.
Akram has been charged with one count of committing a terrorist act, 15 counts of murder, 40 counts of attempted murder, and additional firearms and explosives offenses, according to the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions website.
The most serious charges carry potential life imprisonment.
ISRAELI DIASPORA MINISTER SAYS AUSTRALIA SHOULD HAVE SEEN ‘WRITING ON THE WALL’ BEFORE TERROR ATTACK
Rabbi Eli Schlanger, 10-year-old Matilda and French national Dan Elkayam were victims of the Bondi Beach attack. (Audrey Richardson/Getty Images/Facebook/Eli Schlanger/GoFundMe/Project Volta)
Akram’s lawyer, Ben Archbold, told reporters it was too early to indicate how his client would plead, according to 7NewsAustralia.
“There’s a client that needs to be represented. And we don’t let our personal view get in the way of our professional application,” Archbold said.
His next court appearance is scheduled for April 8.
Police teams take security measures at Bondi Beach in Sydney, Australia, on Sunday after a terrorist attack targeting the Jewish community during the first night of Hanukkah. ( Claudio Galdames A/Anadolu via Getty Images)
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
The 24-year-old is accused of carrying out Australia’s deadliest terror attack targeting a Jewish “Hanukkah by the Sea” celebration at Bondi Beach in December.
His father, Sajid Akram, 50, was shot and killed in a gun battle with police at the scene.
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese described the Bondi attack as an “ISIS-inspired atrocity,” saying at a press conference at Parliament House in Canberra late last year that the government had been informed by the Office of National Intelligence of an ISIS online video feed reinforcing that assessment.
World
Ukraine team heads for Geneva talks as Moscow, Kyiv build military pressure
Representatives of Ukraine, Russia and the US are set to meet for a third round of trilateral negotiations to end the four-year war.
Published On 16 Feb 2026
Ukrainian officials have left for Geneva, Switzerland, where another round of negotiations aimed at ending the war with Russia is set to take place.
“On the way to Geneva. The next round of negotiations is ahead. Along the way, we will discuss the lessons of our history with our colleagues, seek the right conclusions,” Ukraine’s Chief of Staff Kyrylo Budanov posted on his Telegram channel on Monday, along with a picture of him standing in front of a train with two other members of the delegation he is heading.
Recommended Stories
list of 4 itemsend of list
The Geneva talks follow two rounds of the United States-brokered negotiations held in the United Arab Emirates in January and early February.
The last meeting marked the first direct public talks between Moscow and Kyiv on a plan proposed by the Trump administration to end the conflict, which started with Russia invading its neighbouring country in February 2022.
Russia and Ukraine described both rounds of talks as constructive, but failed to achieve any breakthrough.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy on Sunday said he hoped the trilateral talks in Geneva “will be serious, substantive” and “helpful for all of us”.
“But honestly, sometimes it feels like the sides are talking about completely different things,” Zelenskyy said. “The Americans often return to the topic of concessions, and too often those concessions are discussed only in the context of Ukraine, not Russia.”
Among the most contentious issues is the long-term fate of the eastern Ukrainian region, large parts of which Russia has occupied. Moscow is demanding that Kyiv pull its troops from the Donbas region, including heavily fortified cities that sit atop vast natural resources, as a condition for any deal. It also wants international recognition for the land it has unilaterally annexed in eastern Ukraine.
Kyiv said the conflict should be frozen along the current front lines and has rejected a one-sided pullback of forces. Ukrainian officials are also demanding solid security guarantees against future Russian attacks.
Meanwhile, Al Jazeera’s Yulia Shapovalova, reporting from Moscow, said people in the Russian capital do not seem to be too enthusiastic about the talks.
“The general public does not take this next round very seriously. The first two did not answer a lot of questions,” she said, referring to the territorial issues and the implementation of a ceasefire mechanism.
As both parties prepare for further negotiations, they are also ramping up military pressure.
Kyiv said it carried out a large-scale drone attack on energy infrastructure in western Russia on Sunday.
On Monday, the governor of the Bryansk region, Alexander Bogomaz, said Russian forces destroyed more than 220 drones. The strikes, which lasted more than 12 hours, were the heaviest since the start of the war, he said. Residents were temporarily left without heating.
Russian army chief General Valery Gerasimov said on Sunday his forces took control of 12 settlements in eastern Ukraine this month, an equivalent of 200sq km (77sq miles).
“The task of the military operation continues to be carried out. The offensive is under way in all directions,” Gerasimov said while visiting troops on the front line in the Ukrainian territory.
-
Alabama1 week agoGeneva’s Kiera Howell, 16, auditions for ‘American Idol’ season 24
-
Illinois7 days ago2026 IHSA Illinois Wrestling State Finals Schedule And Brackets – FloWrestling
-
Technology1 week agoApple might let you use ChatGPT from CarPlay
-
World1 week ago‘Regime change in Iran should come from within,’ former Israel PM says
-
News1 week ago
Hate them or not, Patriots fans want the glory back in Super Bowl LX
-
Culture7 days agoTry This Quiz on Passionate Lines From Popular Literature
-
Politics1 week agoVirginia Dems take tax hikes into overtime, target fantasy football leagues
-
Technology1 week agoWe found 20 Verge-approved gifts on sale ahead of Valentine’s Day