Connect with us

New Mexico

Route 66 Visitors Center hosts free New Mexico concert series in Albuquerque

Published

on

Route 66 Visitors Center hosts free New Mexico concert series in Albuquerque


BERNALILLO COUNTY, N.M. – Bernalillo County says the reopened Route 66 Visitors Center will host free Saturday concerts for eight weeks featuring New Mexico artists.

The concert series starts Saturday April 11 at 12 p.m. The New Mexico Music Hall of Fame will present the shows.

The lineup for the opening event includes Ivon Ulibarri and Café Mocha followed by Son Como Son. The release says local food trucks and Tractor Brewing will provide food and drinks.

The programs will run every Saturday in April and May beginning at 12 p.m. Other performers include Albuquerque Jazz Orchestra, Mariachi Promesa, Picoso, Red Wine Band with David Nunez, Sorela, Hillary Smith & Chill House, Animated Jukebox and others.

Advertisement



Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

New Mexico

Duke Rodriguez talks vision for New Mexico if elected governor | Carlsbad Current Argus

Published

on

Duke Rodriguez talks vision for New Mexico if elected governor | Carlsbad Current Argus


Adrian HeddenEl Rito Mediaachedden@elritomedia.com Duke Rodriguez planned to tap into his experience as a state cabinet secretary and healthcare executive should he be elected governor of New Mexico. Rodriguez, 68, is chief executive officer of cannabis company Ultra Health, New Mexico’s largest, which he founded in 2012. He was named chief operating officer of Lovelace […]



Source link

Continue Reading

New Mexico

3 dead in New Mexico and first responders treated for exposure to unknown substance

Published

on

3 dead in New Mexico and first responders treated for exposure to unknown substance


MOUNTAINAIR, N.M. — Three people are dead and more than a dozen first responders were quarantined and being treated Wednesday for exposure to an unidentified substance after being called to a suspected drug overdose at a rural New Mexico home, authorities said.

New Mexico State Police said three of the four people who were found unresponsive inside the home east of Albuquerque died. The fourth was being treated at a hospital in Albuquerque.

During the response, authorities said, 18 first responders were exposed to the substance and began experiencing symptoms including nausea and dizziness. All of the first responders were transported to the University of New Mexico Hospital, where they were being monitored.

Two of the first responders were listed in serious condition, said Officer Wilson Silver with New Mexico State Police.

Albuquerque Fire Rescue Hazmat teams were assisting at the scene in Mountainair, a rural community east of Albuquerque, in efforts to identify the substance involved.

“At this time, investigators believe the substance may be transmitted through contact and do not believe it to be airborne,” Silver said.

Advertisement

While the investigation was ongoing, Mountainair Mayor Peter Nieto said in a social media post that all indications were pointing toward narcotics as a possible factor. He added that there was no threat to the public and that a perimeter had been set up around the home.

Residents, however, took to social media to voice their frustrations about drug use in the community and elsewhere.

The mayor said the town’s law enforcement officers and first responders work every day to protect the community and respond to difficult situations.

“But the reality is that addiction and substance abuse are issues affecting communities all across our state and nation,” Nieto said. “There is no simple or immediate solution. Lasting change requires family support, accountability, education, and most importantly, individuals who are willing to accept help.”



Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

New Mexico

Doug Turner vows ‘business-friendly’ policy if elected governor of New Mexico | Alamogordo News

Published

on

Doug Turner vows ‘business-friendly’ policy if elected governor of New Mexico | Alamogordo News


Adrian HeddenEl Rito Mediaachedden@elritomedia.com Making New Mexico more “business friendly” was at the center for Doug Turner’s case for the state’s highest office. Turner, 57, is one of three candidates vying for the Republican Party’s nomination for governor in the June 2 Primary Election. A Taos resident, Turner owns Albuquerque-based public relations firm Agenda Global […]



Source link

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending