Connect with us

Sports

Raiders star Maxx Crosby leaves team facility after getting ruled out in game for No 1 pick

Published

on

Raiders star Maxx Crosby leaves team facility after getting ruled out in game for No 1 pick

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

The Las Vegas Raiders will be without their two best players in a game that will determine who gets the rights to the No. 1 overall pick next April.

The New York Giants will head west Sunday in a battle between two 2 and 13 teams — Big Blue currently owns the No. 1 pick but would forfeit it to the Raiders with a victory.

Raiders tight end Brock Bowers was placed on injured reserve earlier this week, ending his season. A few days later, defensive end Maxx Crosby was listed as out because of a nagging knee injury.

 

Advertisement

Las Vegas Raiders defensive end Maxx Crosby (98) looks on from the sideline during the first quarter against the Chicago Bears at Allegiant Stadium.  (Kiyoshi Mio/Imagn Images)

Crosby, who said earlier this week he did not “give a s—” about the No. 1 pick, then left the team facility because he disagreed with his status for the remainder of the year, according to Fox Sports NFL reporter Jay Glazer.

Glazer said the Raiders wanted to shut the star defensive end down for the team’s final two games of the regular season, but Crosby “vehemently disagreed” with the idea and left the facility. Crosby, a Pro Bowler in each of the past five seasons, has played in each of the Raiders’ 15 games this season and has recorded 10.0 sacks.

Maxx Crosby of the Las Vegas Raiders sniffs smelling salts during an NFL game between the Las Vegas Raiders and Denver Broncos at Empower Field At Mile High on Nov. 20, 2022, in Denver, Colorado. The Las Vegas Raiders won in overtime. (Michael Owens/Getty Images)

JERRY JONES REVEALS DRESSING LIKE SANTA CLAUS FOR COWBOYS PLAYERS BEFORE CHRISTMAS DAY VICTORY OVER COMMANDERS

Advertisement

“I don’t play for that. My job is to be the best defensive end in the world,” Crosby told reporters Tuesday.

“That’s what I focus on every day, and being a great leader, and being an influence, and being that guy on a consistent basis for my team. The front office, the coaches, they do that. But that’s got nothing to do with me. I’ve learned that lesson in the past, you can’t control everything. That’s not my job description, my job is to be the best in the world at what I do.”

The No. 1 overall pick would give the Raiders a chance to select the top quarterback in the class, as Geno Smith doesn’t appear to be the long-term answer. 

The Giants seem to have found their franchise quarterback in Jaxson Dart, which would likely prompt a trade back if they hold the pick.

Las Vegas Raiders defensive end Maxx Crosby (98) reacts during the second half of an NFL football game against the Pittsburgh Steelers in Las Vegas, Sunday, Oct. 13, 2024.  (AP Photo/David Becker)

Advertisement

The Giants and Raiders play at 4:05 p.m. ET on Sunday. 

Fox News’ Ryan Canfield contributed to this report.  

Follow Fox News Digital’s sports coverage on X, and subscribe to the Fox News Sports Huddle newsletter

Advertisement

Sports

Thunder erase 15-point deficit to take series lead over Spurs as Victor Wembanyama’s 26 points fall short

Published

on

Thunder erase 15-point deficit to take series lead over Spurs as Victor Wembanyama’s 26 points fall short

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Through the first two games of the Western Conference Finals, Spurs star Victor Wembanyama has produced numbers not seen at this stage of the postseason in roughly 50 years.

As the series shifted to San Antonio for Game 3 on Friday, the French basketball phenom once again led the Spurs in scoring. But his 26-point performance was not enough to give San Antonio a 2-1 series lead over the defending champion Oklahoma City Thunder.

Reigning back-to-back NBA MVP Shai Gilgeous-Alexander matched Wembanyama with 26 points, leading Oklahoma City to a 123-108 victory.

Advertisement

San Antonio Spurs forward Victor Wembanyama shoots the ball against the Oklahoma City Thunder in the second half of game three of the Western Conference finals at Frost Bank Center in San Antonio, Texas, on May 22, 2026. (Daniel Dunn/Imagn Images)

Shortly after Game 2 on Wednesday, Spurs guard Stephon Castle acknowledged that his team is “probably most comfortable playing in front of our fans.” San Antonio quickly backed up that sentiment in Game 3, jumping out to a 15-0 lead in its first home game of the series.

ZERO BS. JUST DAKICH. TAKE THE DON’T @ ME PODCAST ON THE ROAD. DOWNLOAD NOW!

Just five minutes into the contest, the Spurs held a commanding 19-4 advantage as the home crowd created a raucous atmosphere.

Victor Wembanyama of the San Antonio Spurs reacts during the fourth quarter against the Oklahoma City Thunder in Game Three of the NBA Western Conference Finals at Frost Bank Center in San Antonio, Texas, on May 22, 2026. (Alex Slitz/Getty Images)

Advertisement

But Oklahoma City’s bench played a pivotal role in the comeback that ultimately gave the Thunder a critical series lead. Alex Caruso, Jaylin Williams, Jared McCain and Cason Wallace were widely credited with helping swing the game.

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander of the Oklahoma City Thunder drives to the basket past Julian Champagnie of the San Antonio Spurs during the second quarter in Game Three of the NBA Western Conference Finals at Frost Bank Center in San Antonio, Texas, on May 22, 2026. (Alex Slitz/Getty Images)

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

The Spurs took Game 1 behind 41 points and 24 rebounds from Wembanyama, and the defending champion Thunder got 30 points from Gilgeous-Alexander on the way to getting a victory in Game 2.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Sports

City Section baseball finals: Friday scores, Saturday schedule

Published

on

City Section baseball finals: Friday scores, Saturday schedule

CITY SECTION BASEBALL FINALS

FRIDAY’S RESULTS

At Stengel Field

DIVISION II

#5 LA Roosevelt 5, #6 South East 3

Advertisement

At Fremont

DIVISION III

#7 Fremont 2, LA Hamilton 0

SATURDAY’S SCHEDULE

At Dodger Stadium

Advertisement

FINALS

OPEN DIVISION

#2 El Camino Real (21-9) vs. #1 Birmingham (26-4), 1 p.m.

DIVISION I

#10 Taft (13-17) vs. #13 Verdugo Hills (13-18), 10 a.m.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

Giants’ key defensive tackle tears Achilles tendon during practice, out for the season: reports

Published

on

Giants’ key defensive tackle tears Achilles tendon during practice, out for the season: reports

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

The New York Giants lost a key piece of their defensive line for the season on Thursday.

Defensive tackle Roy Robertson-Harris tore his Achilles tendon during the Giants’ OTA practice, according to multiple reports.

Robertson-Harris, 32, was in line for a big role after the Giants traded star defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence to the Cincinnati Bengals earlier in the offseason. He started all 17 games last year and played 56% of the snaps, which was second only to Lawrence among defensive tackles.

Advertisement

New York Giants defensive tackle Roy Robertson-Harris leaves the field after a loss to the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field in Chicago, Ill., on Nov. 9, 2025. (David Banks/Imagn Images)

Robertson-Harris suffered the injury while rushing the passer in an 11-on-11 period. He went down and immediately grabbed at his leg, according to The Athletic.

The Giants signed Robertson-Harris to a two-year, $9 million contract before last season. He had 35 tackles and three tackles for loss in 17 games last season.

ZERO BS. JUST DAKICH. TAKE THE DON’T @ ME PODCAST ON THE ROAD. DOWNLOAD NOW!

New York Giants defensive tackle Roy Robertson-Harris warms up before the game against the Las Vegas Raiders at Allegiant Stadium in Paradise, Nev., on Dec. 28, 2025. (Kirby Lee/Imagn Images)

Advertisement

The Giants, whose defensive tackle group was already thin because of the Lawrence trade, will be forced to rely on a mix of veterans and young players. The team signed veterans DJ Reader and Shelby Harris in free agency.

Reader started all 17 games for the Detroit Lions last season and played the run well, recording 28 tackles. Harris played in 17 games, starting five, for the Cleveland Browns last season and recorded 32 tackles, seven tackles for loss and a sack.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

New York Giants defensive tackle Roy Robertson-Harris and defensive lineman Bobby Jamison-Travis participate in a drill during organized team activities at Quest Diagnostics Training Center in East Rutherford, N.J., on May 21, 2026. (John Jones/Imagn Images)

Darius Alexander, the Giants’ third-round pick last season, will also be counted on to pick up some of the slack from Robertson-Harris’ and Lawrence’s absences. The 25-year-old played in 16 games, recording 20 tackles with four tackles for loss and 3.5 sacks.

Advertisement

The Giants drafted Bobby Jamison-Travis in the sixth round out of Auburn in last month’s NFL Draft.

Follow Fox News Digital’s sports coverage on X, and subscribe to the Fox News Sports Huddle newsletter.

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending