Connect with us

Southwest

Video shows Frontier passenger tackled after allegedly banging window mid-flight

Published

on

Video shows Frontier passenger tackled after allegedly banging window mid-flight

A group of Frontier Airlines passengers rushed into action during a midair flight earlier this week to tackle and then restrain a raging fellow passenger, who had allegedly gone berserk and started banging the aircraft’s window.

The caught-on-camera midair scare took place on Tuesday night as Frontier Flight 4856 was traveling from Denver to Houston, according to Fox 26 Houston, citing Flight Aware data. 

The man tried to speak with a woman in the row in front of him, but she didn’t respond, the outlet reported, citing police. That’s when he snapped and began punching the seat in front of him and the plane window.

‘ABSOLUTELY NO INDICATION’ OF ISSUES ON PLANE THAT CRASHED IN PHILADELPHIA: MEDEVAC COMPANY

Video from the incident shows a number of male passengers holding him down in an attempt to restrain him. 

Advertisement

A group of Frontier Airlines passengers rushed into action during a midair flight earlier this week to tackle and then restrain a raging fellow passenger, who had allegedly gone berserk and started banging the aircraft’s window.

One man can be seen leaning over a seat and pushing the unruly passenger’s head toward the floor. 

Another man then appears to tie the disruptive passenger’s hands behind his back with a belt. 

A Frontier Airlines passenger being restrained on Tuesday after he allegedly began punching an aircraft window. (Victoria Clarke via Storyful)

Passengers told Fox 26 that the man was screaming in Spanish, telling people not to touch him.

Advertisement

The plane landed at George Bush Intercontinental Airport about 20 minutes after the man was restrained, at around 11:10 p.m., the Houston Police Department (HPD) told Fox News Digital.

Footage from the incident shows a cracked window near where the man was sitting.

BLACK HAWK CREW LIKELY WEARING NIGHT-VISION GOGGLES BEFORE DEADLY DC MIDAIR CRASH, NTSB SAYS

He was reportedly calm for the rest of the flight, and then HPD said they questioned him after the flight touched down safely. 

“It was absolutely chaotic,” passenger Jessica Brown told the outlet.

Advertisement

“The most terrifying thing I’ve ever been through. We turned around, and we saw this guy just punching out the window, and immediately we screamed for help.’

Chloe Starcevic, 13, said she was “absolutely terrified.” 

“My anxiety was really bad. Me and my mom were shaking the whole time, and we were praying the whole time. I didn’t know what was going to happen. It was really scary,” she told Fox 26. 

Frontier Airlines said it is deferring all media inquiries about the incident to the HPD. 

HPD said Frontier Airlines is not pursuing charges, so the man was not detained. A HPD spokesperson told Fox News Digital that the FBI is conducting a follow-up investigation and noted that the incident had taken place in Denver airspace.

Advertisement

An unruly passenger on a Frontier Airlines flight was tackled by fellow passengers Tuesday after they say he began punching an aircraft window. (iStock)

The incident comes amid heightened safety concerns about flying among Americans.

Last Friday, a medevac jet crashed moments after take-off in Philadelphia, killing all six people on board as well as a man who was on the ground in a car. At least 22 people on the ground were injured.

Days earlier, an Army Black Hawk helicopter collided with an American Airlines jet in midair near Reagan National Airport in Arlington, Virginia, killing 60 passengers and four crew members onboard the passenger jet, while three soldiers were inside the helicopter.

Advertisement

A search is currently underway for a small aircraft in Alaska that disappeared Thursday in Alaska. 

Fox News’ Emmett Jones contributed to this report.

Read the full article from Here

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Southwest

Jasmine Crockett pushes back on Texas opponent’s claim Trump FCC killed interview, puts blame on CBS

Published

on

Jasmine Crockett pushes back on Texas opponent’s claim Trump FCC killed interview, puts blame on CBS

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Rep. Jasmine Crockett, D-Texas, commented Tuesday on the situation with CBS and Stephen Colbert’s show not airing the late-night host’s interview with James Talarico, her opponent in the Texas Democratic Senate primary.

MS NOW host Jen Paski asked Crockett to respond to CBS’ statement on the controversy, which named the Texas lawmaker. The network denied that it prohibited Colbert from airing the interview, adding that the show was provided with “legal guidance” that it could trigger the equal time rule for Crockett and the other candidate in the race, Ahmad Hassan. 

“We actually received a phone call, and that was a little bit earlier today, and in that call, they explained that they actually told CBS that they could go ahead and move forward with the interview of James Talarico, they just needed to offer me equal time,” Crockett said. “I did not get a request from the Colbert show to go on.”

“As you know, I’ve been on Colbert multiple times, and frankly, if we would have gotten an offer, that would have been great,” she continued. “But, we’re in the middle of early voting, so I’m kind of focused on being in Texas at this moment. And, you know, I don’t know what to believe, that’s for sure. But I got that phone call as I was out talking to voters.”

Advertisement

FCC TO CRACK DOWN ON LIBERAL LATE NIGHT SHOWS, ‘THE VIEW’ NOT GIVING EQUAL AIRTIME TO GOP GUESTS

“I will tell you that I have no love for Bari Weiss, I have no love for Brendan Carr whatsoever. But I do think that, as you also mentioned — Kimmel — it is important that we resist in this moment,” Crockett said.

The Talarico interview was ultimately posted on YouTube and not aired on CBS, which Crockett agreed with. 

“And so there were a number of options that could be put on the table and frankly, you know, ‘The Late Show’ decided that this was the option and I think that it was a good strategy,” she said. 

The lawmaker even suggested that the controversy probably helped Talarico’s campaign. 

Advertisement

“I think it probably gave my opponent the boost he was looking for. So I think it’s probably better that he didn’t get on, and that they went straight to streaming because we know that when we resist, and when we know that it seems like they’re trying to change the rules and bend the knee to this president, that it backfires in historic fashion,” she said.

FCC LAUNCHING PROBE INTO ABC’S ‘THE VIEW’ AMID CRACKDOWN ON EQUAL TIME FOR CANDIDATES

Crockett told The Hill earlier in the day that the federal government did not shut down the interview.

“We did receive information suggesting that the federal government did not shut down this segment, number one, that is my understanding, that the federal government didn’t shut this down. And we will do an official statement once we get another official statement that we anticipate is going to be coming from Paramount, alright, so we will read what they say, we will go from there,” she said.

Crockett said Colbert or CBS decided not to air the interview because of a “fear” that the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) was going to object, “and that there may have been advice to just have me on, and they can clear the issue.”

Advertisement

“It is my understanding that someone, somewhere decided we just don’t want to do that,” she said before clarifying that she had no “love” for the current FCC, but said there were layers to the story.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE COVERAGE OF MEDIA AND CULTURE

Texas State Rep. James Talarico, D-Travis, and Rep. Jasmine Crockett, D-Texas, shake hands. (Bob Daemmrich/Getty Images)

Talarico blamed the situation on President Donald Trump and the FCC in a post to X.

“This is the interview Donald Trump didn’t want you to see. His FCC refused to air my interview with Stephen Colbert. Trump is worried we’re about to flip Texas,” he wrote.

Advertisement

When asked for comment, the FCC directed Fox News Digital to remarks Chairman Brendan Carr made regarding the topic during a press conference on Wednesday. Carr told reporters he was “highly entertained” and that it was “one of the most fun days I’ve had on the job, watching the hilarity of how this story played out.” 

Referring to Talarico, Carr said: “You had a Democrat candidate who understood the way that the news media works, and he took advantage of all your sort of prior conceptions to run a hoax, apparently for the purpose of raising money and getting clicks.” 

“As Jasmine Crockett herself came out yesterday afternoon and said, there was no censorship by the government here,” he added. 

Talarico’s team also revealed on X on Wednesday that his team raised $2.5 million after “the FCC banned our Colbert interview.”

Colbert slammed CBS’ denial that it prohibited him from airing the interview during his Tuesday show, and said he “obeyed” his bosses.

Advertisement

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

“So, we obeyed our network and put the interview on YouTube, where it’s gotten millions of views. And I can see why. Talarico’s an interesting guy. I don’t know if he should be the senator, but it was a good discussion. I wish we could have put it on the show, where no one would have watched it,” he said.

Read the full article from Here

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Southwest

Border protocols automatically triggered in search for Nancy Guthrie, retired agent says

Published

on

Border protocols automatically triggered in search for Nancy Guthrie, retired agent says

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

As the search continues for 84-year-old Nancy Guthrie in southern Arizona, authorities say there is no evidence she was taken across the U.S.–Mexico border, even as experts note that federal border protocols automatically come into play in disappearances near the international boundary.

Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos told Fox News’ Jonathan Hunt that investigators have found no indication Guthrie was transported south of the border.

“You know, I’m sure the FBI has looked into that as well, but no,” Nanos said. “We check all the leads we have… we’re like everybody else. We know where Mexico is in relationship to this, and it’s a possibility. But no, we have nothing to indicate that.”

While the sheriff emphasized there is no evidence pointing to Mexico, retired FBI supervisory special agent Jason Pack says cross-border coordination is not dependent on confirmed proof.

Advertisement

BURGLARY THEORY IN MISSING GUTHRIE CASE ‘RIDICULOUSLY RARE’ SAYS LAW ENFORCEMENT SOURCE

Fox News drone footage captured investigators returning to the home of Nancy Guthrie on Friday, Feb. 6, 2026. Guthrie was last seen on Saturday night as an investigation into her disappearance continues. (Fox News Flight Team)

“When any disappearance occurs near the international border, certain federal protocols activate almost automatically, regardless of whether there’s confirmed evidence the victim crossed,” Pack told Fox News Digital.

According to Pack, the FBI maintains dedicated Border Liaison Agents stationed along the southern border who work directly with Mexican law enforcement counterparts in real time.

“That coordination happens at the working level, in real time, without waiting for a formal case to develop,” he explained.

Advertisement

DNA FOUND ON GLOVE NEAR NANCY GUTHRIE’S HOME, INSIDE RESIDENCE, YIELDS NO MATCH IN FBI DATABASE: SHERIFF

FBI investigators search Catalina Foothills in Tucson, Arizona, Wednesday, Feb.11, 2026. The investigations into the disappearance of Nancy Guthrie continues. (DWS for Fox News Digital)

Those agents operate alongside the FBI’s Legal Attaché office in Mexico City, which serves as the bridge between FBI Headquarters, the U.S. Embassy, and Mexico’s federal attorney general’s office, he added. 

“These are not reactive positions,” Pack said. “They exist precisely so that when something like this happens, the relationships and channels are already in place.”

Pack stressed that Sheriff Nanos is being “accurate and responsible” in stating there is no indication Guthrie was taken into Mexico. However, he added a key investigative distinction.

Advertisement

FBI REVEALS NEW SUSPECT DETAILS, INCLUDING BACKPACK, IN NANCY GUTHRIE DISAPPEARANCE; DOUBLES REWARD TO $100K

An undated photo of Nancy Guthrie was provided by NBC in response to the disappearance of the 84-year-old mother of “Today” show host, Savannah Guthrie. (Courtesy of NBC)

“From an investigative standpoint, the absence of evidence is not the same as evidence of absence,” Pack said. “Border protocols don’t require a confirmed lead. They require geographic proximity and a missing person. Both boxes are checked here.”

If cross-border movement were ever to become a credible line of inquiry, Pack said the formal mechanism for cooperation would be a Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty request, known as an MLAT.

“An MLAT allows U.S. authorities to formally request that Mexican authorities preserve evidence, conduct interviews, or share records,” he explained. That process runs through the Department of Justice’s Office of International Affairs and can move quickly “when there’s urgency and diplomatic goodwill — which currently exists between the two governments at the law enforcement level.”

Advertisement

WALMART SALES RECORDS BECOME CRITICAL EVIDENCE AS FBI INVESTIGATES NANCY GUTHRIE’S DISAPPEARANCE

For now, authorities say there is no evidence Guthrie crossed into Mexico. Pack noted that established border coordination protocols are designed for cases occurring near the international boundary.

The search continues as investigators follow every available lead.

Nancy Guthrie disappearance timeline:

Jan. 31, 2026

Between 9:30–9:45 p.m. — Family drops Nancy off at home

Advertisement

9:50 p.m. — Garage door closes (per authorities)

Feb. 1, 2026

GUN STORE OWNER SAYS FBI ASKED HIM TO CHECK FIREARM SALES AGAINST LIST OF NAMES, PICS IN GUTHRIE CASE

1:47 a.m. — Doorbell camera disconnects

2:12 a.m. — Security camera detects motion

Advertisement

2:28 a.m. — Pacemaker disconnects from phone application

RETIRED FBI AGENT URGES RAPID DNA TESTING IN GUTHRIE CASE: ‘YOU DON’T WAIT FOR FEDEX ON MONDAY MORNING’

11:56 a.m. — Family checks on Nancy after she misses weekly church livestream gathering

12:03 p.m. — 911 called

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

Advertisement

12:15 p.m. — Sheriff’s deputies arrive at home

Fox News’ Jonathan Hunt and Greg Wehner contributed to this report. 

Stepheny Price covers crime, including missing persons, homicides and migrant crime. Send story tips to stepheny.price@fox.com.

Read the full article from Here

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Southwest

GOP Arizona governor candidate drops out but doesn’t endorse

Published

on

GOP Arizona governor candidate drops out but doesn’t endorse

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Karrin Taylor Robson dropped out of the Arizona Republican gubernatorial primary despite being one of the two candidates in the race backed by President Donald Trump.

“After deep reflection, prayer, and many conversations with my family, I have decided to suspend my campaign for Governor,” Robson said in a statement posted to X on Thursday.

She explained that she does not want to contribute to a contentious GOP primary. 

HOCHUL PRIMARY CHALLENGER ANTONIO DELGADOO ENDS CAMPAIGN FOR NEW YORK GOVERNOR

Advertisement

Republican gubernatorial candidate Karrin Taylor Robson speaks at a campaign rally on Aug. 1, 2022, in Mesa, Ariz. (Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)

“We cannot afford a divisive Republican primary that drains resources and turns into months of intraparty attacks. It only weakens our conservative cause and gives the left exactly what they want: a fractured Republican Party heading into November. With so much on the line in 2026, I am not willing to contribute to that outcome,” she noted in the statement.

Robson did not make an endorsement.

“I remain committed to helping Republicans win in 2026 and to ensuring Arizona remains strong, safe, and free for generations to come,” she noted in the statement.

Trump had pledged to support her for governor in 2024. 

Advertisement

“Are you running for governor? I think so, Karrin, cuz if you do, you’re gonna have my support,” Trump said at Turning Point USA’s AmericaFest in December 2024.

ADAM SCHIFF MAKES ENDORSEMENT IN CALFORNIA GUBERNATORIAL RACE

Arizona Gov. Katie Hobbs gives a brief speech prior to then-President Joe Biden’s remarks at the Tempe Center for the Arts on Sept. 28, 2023, in Tempe, Ariz.  ( Rebecca Noble/Getty Images)

Rep. Andy Biggs, R-Ariz., launched a gubernatorial bid in January 2025, and Robson launched her bid in February 2025 — but in April 2025, Trump made the unorthodox move of announcing that he endorsed both of them.

“I like Karrin Taylor Robson of Arizona a lot, and when she asked me to Endorse her, with nobody else running, I Endorsed her, and was happy to do so. When Andy Biggs decided to run for Governor, quite unexpectedly, I had a problem — Two fantastic candidates, two terrific people, two wonderful champions, and it is therefore my Great Honor TO GIVE MY COMPLETE AND TOTAL ENDORSEMENT TO BOTH. Either one will never let you down. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!” Trump declared in an April 2025 Truth Social post.

Advertisement

In 2022, Robson lost the GOP gubernatorial primary in Arizona to Kari Lake, who went on to lose the general election to Democrat Katie Hobbs.

TRUMP BACKS REPUBLICAN RIVALS IN ARIZONA GOVERNOR’S RACE AFTER REP. BIGGS ENTERS CONTEST: ‘I HAD A PROBLEM’

Rep. Andy Biggs, R-Ariz., arrives for a House Judiciary Committee member day hearing in the Rayburn Building on Thursday, Nov. 20, 2025. (Tom Williams/CQ-Roll Call, Inc via Getty Images)

Hobbs is seeking re-election this year.

Advertisement

Rep. David Schweikert, R-Arizona, is another Republican seeking the Grand Canyon State governorship.

Read the full article from Here

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending