Connect with us

Southwest

Suspected human smuggler breaches Air Force Base a week after illegal migrant hops fence

Published

on

A suspected human smuggler breached the Laughlin Air Force Base in Texas on Friday while evading authorities, a week after a suspected illegal immigrant breached a fence at the same military base while on the run from the U.S. Border Patrol. 

The suspect led Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) officers on a high-speed chase in Val Verde County, Lt. Chris Olivarez said. During the chase, the suspect drove onto the base property and continued to evade authorities. The military base was put on lockdown during the incident. 

A car driven by a suspected human smuggler breached Laughlin Air Force Base in Texas last week while evading authorities.  (Texas DPS)

After around eight minutes of evading officers, the suspect drove off-road and crashed through a second fence before absconding. Two illegal immigrants from Guatemala in the vehicle were also arrested. 

A week earlier, a 17-year-old Mexican national jumped a fence at the same Laughlin Air Force Base, after fleeing Del Rio Border Patrol agents attempting to conduct a traffic stop.

Advertisement

BIDEN CRITICIZED BY HIS OWN PARTY FOR ‘USING THE SAME TOOLS’ AS TRUMP TO CONTROL THE BORDER

Border Patrol agents deployed canine teams and caught the teen after an hour of searching. Agents also arrested four other adult men who were in the stopped vehicle. All are believed to be illegal immigrants. 

Laughlin Air Force Base entrance

A Mexican national breached Laughlin Air Force Base in Val Verde County, Texas, on Thursday while being pursued by Border Patrol agents.  (Google Maps)

Laughlin Air Force Base said it established a cordon adjacent to the base housing to ensure the safety of base residents during the search. 

“Enhancing and evaluating base security measures is a top priority for our 47th Security Forces Squadron here at Laughlin, which is what we do after each breach scenario we experience. With each instance, our security forces personnel have been contacted by the external law enforcement agencies handling the incident in order to prepare our security personnel to coordinate and respond appropriately, maintaining the safety of our Airmen and their families, while ensuring the security of our resources on base as well,” Capt. Christine Del Aguila, Chief of Public Affairs at Laughlin Air Force Base, told Fox News Digital in a statement. 

“For operational security purposes, we cannot expand upon what tactics, techniques or procedures are implemented in the wake of these events.”

Advertisement

The back-to-back incidents came just a few weeks after two Jordanian nationals tried to breach Marine Corps Base Quantico in Virginia. 

Fox News Digital’s Brie Stimson contributed to this report.

Read the full article from Here

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Southwest

Texas manhunt underway after 'armed and dangerous' inmate escapes, held staff at knifepoint: police

Published

on

Join Fox News for access to this content

You have reached your maximum number of articles. Log in or create an account FREE of charge to continue reading.

By entering your email and pushing continue, you are agreeing to Fox News’ Terms of Use and Privacy Policy, which includes our Notice of Financial Incentive.

Please enter a valid email address.

Having trouble? Click here.

A manhunt is underway in Houston, Texas after an inmate crawled out of a pipe to escape, held a district attorney staff member at knifepoint before he jumped into a nearby bayou.

In a press conference on Thursday evening, Chief Phillip Bosquez of the Harris County Sheriff’s Office said that 35-year-old Nigel Thomas Sanders escaped law enforcement’s grasp during his court appearance. 

Advertisement

“It appears that on his way back from court he was able to facilitate an escape,” Bosquez said.

Sanders was in custody for three burglaries and 1 unlawful possession of a weapon by a felon, police said.

WILD VIDEO SHOWS MOMENT INMATE ATTACKS DEPUTY WITH MAKESHIFT KNIFE

The Harris County Sheriffs Office has identified the escaped inmate as Joshua Nigel Thomas Sanders, age 35, approximately 5 feet 5 inches tall and 140 lbs. He is considered to be dangerous.  (Harris County Sheriffs Office)

Joshua Nigel Thomas Sanders

The Harris County Sheriff’s Office has identified the escaped inmate as Joshua Nigel Thomas Sanders. (Harris County Sheriff’s Office)

Bosquez said that they were alerted to Sanders’ possible escape at 3:30 p.m. on Thursday afternoon.

Advertisement

During his escape, he accosted a woman and jumped into her car, but she wrecked it just a few feet away.

After the vehicle was disabled during the accident, the suspect fled the area on foot.

This was the last time he was seen, police said.

Harris County Police respond to scene of crime

Law enforcement responded in Houston, Texas on Thursday afternoon after reports of an escaped inmate. (KRIV)

The University of Houston Downtown issued a lockdown due to the search but later gave the all-clear.

SOUTH CAROLINA REPORTER HELPS AUTHORITIES ID COLD-CASE MURDER VICTIM

Advertisement

“UHD ALERT: SECURE! Downtown OUTSIDE Police Action,” the X alert read. “Get indoors immediately. Lock outside doors. Avoid Windows. PD responding.”

Police respond to crime scene in Houston

Harris County Police said that Joshua Nigel Thomas Sanders should be considered armed and dangerous. (KRIV)

Authorities say Sanders should be considered armed and dangerous.

Law enforcement is still searching for the escapee, noting that he was last seen wearing orange pants and a black shirt.



Read the full article from Here

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Los Angeles, Ca

Kids can enjoy free lunch at Los Angeles County libraries this summer

Published

on

Kids can enjoy free lunch at Los Angeles County libraries this summer

Kids and teens can enjoy free lunch at Los Angeles County libraries this summer.

The Lunch at the Library program will provide free meals to those under 18 years old. The program aims to fill the gap in food discrepancy during summer months when students in need can no longer depend on school lunches for meals.

There are no family income restrictions to enjoy a free meal, however, all meals must be eaten at the library.

Twenty libraries will be offering lunch on a first come, first served basis from June 17 – Aug. 9. Food will be served from 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. and will be available either Monday – Friday or Tuesday – Friday, depending on the location.

Advertisement

The program is a partnership with the L.A. County Department of Parks & Recreation.

“This marks the tenth consecutive year we have offered free meals through our Lunch at the Library program,” said L.A. County Library Director, Skye Patrick. “We know families depend on us to provide nutritious food for their children when they are away from school, and we are excited to once again provide this essential service to our neighbors.”

Lunch at the Library schedule:

Monday – Friday, 12 – 1 pm:

  • East Los Angeles Library
  • Lake Los Angeles Library
  • Quartz Hill Library
  • Rowland Heights Library
  • South Whittier Library

Tuesday – Friday, 12 – 1 pm:

  • Carson Library
  • Clifton M. Brakensiek Library
  • Compton Library
  • El Monte Library
  • Gardena Mayme Dear Library
  • Huntington Park Library
  • La Puente Library
  • Lancaster Library
  • Lawndale Library
  • Leland R. Weaver Library
  • Montebello Library
  • Norwalk Library
  • San Fernando Library
  • San Gabriel Library
  • Temple City Library

Schedule exceptions to note:

  • Lunch will be unavailable on June 19 and July 4 as all library locations close for the Juneteenth and Independence Day holidays
  • La Puente Library’s food program will end on Friday, Aug. 2
  • Norwalk Library will not offer lunch on July 2 due to a city event

Menus will vary daily. The most updated menu information can be found by calling the local participating libraries.

More information on the Lunch at the Library program, including locations and schedules, can be found here.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Los Angeles, Ca

Disney to reduce entertainment offerings at Disney California Adventure

Published

on

Disney to reduce entertainment offerings at Disney California Adventure

Disney continues to scale back on select entertainment offerings at Disney California Adventure as they head into the busy summer season.

Schedules for the Warriors of Wakanda in Avengers Campus and the Citizens of Buena Vista Street have been trimmed, as first reported by the Orange County Register.

Both the Warriors of Wakanda and Citizens of Buena Vista will have daily performances in June, but those offerings will be cut back come July, according to the Disneyland calendar.

“We regularly evaluate our entertainment offerings and make adjustments. Select entertainment offerings in Disney California Adventure Park will soon have adjusted performance schedules. We encourage guests to check Disneyland.com and the Disneyland app on the day of their visit for the most up-to-date show times,” Disneyland officials told KTLA.

Advertisement

“We change show times for many reasons, including weather, guest experience, and other events/offerings.”

As of press time, the Disneyland calendar doesn’t go beyond July 25.

“Warriors of Wakanda: The Disciplines of the Dora Milaje” show features the Black Panther’s bodyguards as they host strength and skill training sessions for Avenger Campus visitors, while the Citizens of Buena Vista Street show helps bring the park’s 1920s-themed promenade to life.

The latest changes come after Disney announced the closure of the “Doctor Strange: Mysteries of the Mystic Arts” show and the removal of dancers and DJ from Club Pixar.

According to Disneyland officials, Dr. Strange will continue to encounter guests throughout the campus.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending