Pittsburg, PA
PRT calling for feedback from riders on bus line updates
Pittsburgh Regional Transit will hold a public meeting on Tuesday to hear from riders on the proposed Bus Line Refresh. According to PRT, the Bus Line Refresh is an update to the bus network and is designed to improve reliability, frequency, seven-day service, and connectivity. “We have some new routes proposed, a North Hills to Oakland connection, a South Hills Oakland connection, that don’t exist today. We also are proposing to increase service on off-peak hours,” said Jake Stockman, a senior planner for PRT. “And then also wanting to make sure that throughout this process, we’re centering equity, to make sure that the communities where the service is needed the most aren’t being left behind.”The Bus Line Refresh is the second draft of the Bus Line Redesign, which Stockman said prompted more than 90 public engagement events and garnered more than 12,000 public comments. However, this time, the proposed updates will not be as drastic. “We’ve called it the ‘Refresh’ because we want the second draft to reflect that we’re reducing the volume of change so the system will look a little bit more familiar to our existing riders compared to what we previously presented in 1.0,” Stockman told Pittsburgh’s Action News 4 Reporter Jordan Cioppa. PRT staff will continue to gather public feedback on the new proposal through a number of ways, such as attending community meetings and popping up at bus stops. Stockman presented the plan to West End neighbors Monday night. “The increased frequency sounds great, later on Sunday night for people. There used to be service after midnight. Some people do work past 11 p.m.,” said John McNulty, a West End resident and PRT rider. Public comment started in March and will last through May. PRT will then host public hearings this summer before presenting a final plan to the PRT board in the fall. Stockman said the goal is to implement the changes in 2027. Riders are encouraged to attend the main public comment meeting on April 7 at the August Wilson Center from 5 to 7 p.m.
Pittsburgh Regional Transit will hold a public meeting on Tuesday to hear from riders on the proposed Bus Line Refresh.
According to PRT, the Bus Line Refresh is an update to the bus network and is designed to improve reliability, frequency, seven-day service, and connectivity.
“We have some new routes proposed, a North Hills to Oakland connection, a South Hills Oakland connection, that don’t exist today. We also are proposing to increase service on off-peak hours,” said Jake Stockman, a senior planner for PRT. “And then also wanting to make sure that throughout this process, we’re centering equity, to make sure that the communities where the service is needed the most aren’t being left behind.”
The Bus Line Refresh is the second draft of the Bus Line Redesign, which Stockman said prompted more than 90 public engagement events and garnered more than 12,000 public comments.
However, this time, the proposed updates will not be as drastic.
“We’ve called it the ‘Refresh’ because we want the second draft to reflect that we’re reducing the volume of change so the system will look a little bit more familiar to our existing riders compared to what we previously presented in 1.0,” Stockman told Pittsburgh’s Action News 4 Reporter Jordan Cioppa.
PRT staff will continue to gather public feedback on the new proposal through a number of ways, such as attending community meetings and popping up at bus stops. Stockman presented the plan to West End neighbors Monday night.
“The increased frequency sounds great, later on Sunday night for people. There used to be service after midnight. Some people do work past 11 p.m.,” said John McNulty, a West End resident and PRT rider.
Public comment started in March and will last through May. PRT will then host public hearings this summer before presenting a final plan to the PRT board in the fall.
Stockman said the goal is to implement the changes in 2027.
Riders are encouraged to attend the main public comment meeting on April 7 at the August Wilson Center from 5 to 7 p.m.
Pittsburg, PA
Two women injured after fight turns into shooting in Pittsburgh neighborhood
Pittsburgh police are investigating an early morning fight and shooting in Homewood that sent two people to the hospital.
According to information provided to KDKA-TV, around 2:15 a.m., police were called to the 7000 block of Idlewild Street for a reported shooting after getting a ShotSpotter alert totaling 25 rounds.
Once police arrived, they found a woman who was suffering from a graze wound to her leg. She was found at the intersection of N. Lang Avenue and Forest Way.
An early investigation found that a fight had broken out prior to the shots being fired. Officers also observed that multiple parked vehicles had been hit by gunfire and damaged.
The woman who had a graze wound was taken to the hospital by EMS for treatment. Another woman was also taken to the hospital to be treated for a dislocated knee.
Meanwhile, police said they are still searching for the suspect and are reviewing surveillance footage from the area.
Pittsburg, PA
Mason Rudolph’s Fate With Steelers Could Now Be Sealed
Aaron Rodgers’ return to the Pittsburgh Steelers has potential ramifications up and down the team’s depth chart at quarterback.
Will Howard and Drew Allar, who otherwise would have earned a shot at winning the starting job had Rodgers not re-signed with the Steelers, will now battle it out for the backup role.
Because Allar is a lock to make the 53-man roster alongside Rodgers while Howard isn’t particularly likely to be traded or released either, Mason Rudolph is in a position where he may have no path forward in Pittsburgh and thus is the clear odd man out at this stage of the offseason.
Rudolph’s Fate with Steelers Could Be Sealed
It’s going to take a huge upset for Rudolph to lock up a 53-man roster spot over Howard by the time final roster cuts arrive in late August following the conclusion of the preseason.
Pittsburgh knows what it has in Rudolph; he’s a high-floor, incredibly low-ceiling No. 2 quarterback with 34 games and 19 starts of NFL experience under his belt that head coach Mike McCarthy can trust to run the offense if Rodgers is banged up and has to miss any time.
A quality backup is super valuable to any roster, but signal callers like Rudolph who are game-managers with little to no mobility and a lack of arm talent are a dime a dozen.
Having to part ways with Rudolph isn’t going to dictate the outcome of the Steelers’ 2026 campaign regardless of what transpires.
For that reason, it would be hard for Pittsburgh to rationalize keeping him around based on the merit of Rudolph being a veteran and a proven NFL-level quarterback over Howard.
While in theory Allar’s presence and potential makes Howard more expendable than he previously had been in the lead-up to the 2026 NFL Draft, the Steelers would be foolish to move on from the latter unless he shows zero promise of ever developing into a rosterable player.
On that same note, if Pittsburgh comes to the conclusion that Howard cannot at least hold down the emergency No. 3 quarterback role, than what was the point of talking him up so heavily throughout the offseason?
It’s nearly a guarantee that an opportunity or two will open up for Rudolph elsewhere around the league during training camp and the preseason due to injury. With zero upside for the Steelers and $3 million in cap savings should be traded or even cut in a worst-case scenario, Rudolph could very well find himself on the way out of town this summer.
Make sure to bookmark Steelers On SI, and find our podcast All Steelers Talk on YouTube or anywhere you listen!
Follow
Pittsburg, PA
Four shot in early morning gunfight in Homestead, police say
-
Vermont6 minutes agoSmilin’ Steves closes three Vermont pharmacies, including at Woodstock clinic – Valley News
-
Virginia12 minutes agoWest Virginia man charged with 2nd-degree murder of woman connected to Bristol
-
Wisconsin24 minutes agoOvernight storms could bring downpours, wind & hail to Central WI
-
West Virginia30 minutes agoWest Virginia police announce an arrest in the Gretchen Fleming case, after remains found in September identified
-
Wyoming36 minutes agoSnowstorm Shuts Down Southern Wyoming, Motorists Stranded On I-80 For Hours
-
Crypto42 minutes agoTikTok user scams Sioux Falls woman out of $400K
-
Finance48 minutes agoLending Momentum Builds for 2026
-
Movie Reviews1 hour agoFilm Review: Mother Mary – SLUG Magazine