Connect with us

Northeast

Alexander brothers learn fate in federal sex trafficking trial

Published

on

Alexander brothers learn fate in federal sex trafficking trial

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Real estate moguls Tal and Oren Alexander and their brother, Alon Alexander, were found guilty in federal court of sex trafficking and related offenses, marking a dramatic fall for the once-prominent luxury brokers.

A jury returned guilty verdicts on all charges including conspiracy to commit sex trafficking, inducement to travel to engage in unlawful sexual activity and multiple counts of sex trafficking by force, fraud or coercion.

In his closing argument on March 3, prosecutor Andrew Jones said the brothers masqueraded ​as party boys but really were predators towards women.

“They used a consistent playbook to lure, isolate and rape their victims,” ‌Jones ⁠said. “They did it with callousness and a perverse sense of pride.”

Advertisement

ALEXANDER BROTHERS ACCUSED OF CRUISE SHIP SEX ABUSE AHEAD OF REAL ESTATE MOGULS’ TRAFFICKING TRIAL

Oren Alexander and his twin brother, Alon, attend a bond hearing after being charged with multiple state and federal crimes, including sex trafficking and rape, at the Richard E. Gerstein Justice Building on Friday, Dec. 13, 2024, in Miami. (Matias J. Ocner/Miami Herald via AP, Pool)

Throughout the four weeks of testimony, Tal, Oren and Oren’s twin, Alon Alexander, who was an executive at his family’s private security firm, vehemently denied the sex crime charges against them, as well as other allegations.

Prosecutors allege the brothers orchestrated a yearslong pattern of sexual abuse involving numerous women across multiple states. The defense argued that the encounters were consensual and that the government had overreached.

Oren Alexander and Tal Alexander speak at a panel at the Rockstars of Real Estate Event, Sept. 3, 2013, in New York.  (Amy Sussman/Invision for DETAILS Magazine/AP Images, File)

Advertisement

LIKE WHAT YOU’RE READING? FIND MORE ON THE TRUE CRIME HUB

Eleven women, including several who said they were minors at the time of the incidents, testified against the brothers, alleging they gave them gifts and flew them to locations and parties where they were given drugs before assaulting them.

Oren Alexander, 37, center, and his twin brother, Alon, center-right, speak to their attorney Joel Denaro during their bond hearing after being charged with multiple state and federal crimes, including sex trafficking and rape, at the Richard E. Gerstein Justice Building on Friday, Dec. 13, 2024, in Miami. (Matias J. Ocner/Miami Herald via AP, Pool)

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

U.S. Attorney Jay Clayton said the verdict marks a significant step in combating sex crimes, calling the brothers’ conduct “calculated, brutal sexual abuse that, unimaginably, the defendants celebrated.”

Advertisement

Sentencing has not yet been scheduled.

Read the full article from Here

New Hampshire

Nashua Man Had Baggies Of Cocaine, Fentanyl, And Meth Inside Coalition Apartment Building, Concord Cops Say

Published

on

Nashua Man Had Baggies Of Cocaine, Fentanyl, And Meth Inside Coalition Apartment Building, Concord Cops Say


CONCORD, NH — The fifth person arrested during a drug raid at the Concord Coalition to End Homelessness apartment building downtown is due back in court for a probable cause hearing next month.

Wilkie Gabriel Reyes Reynoso, 27, of Kendrick Street in Nashua, was arrested on May 14 on three felony counts of possession of a controlled drug.

On May 13, just before midnight, police executed a search warrant at an apartment in the Coalition’s new building on South State Street. The warrant was for the apartment and anyone located inside, according to an affidavit.

Also Read

Earlier in the evening, Denise Davenport, 57, who listed the address as her residence despite being trespassed from all Concord Coalition properties, was picked up on an electronic bench warrant as well as two felony counts of acts prohibited-sale of controlled drugs.

Advertisement

Editor’s note: This post was derived from information supplied by the Concord Police Department and Concord District Court and does not indicate a conviction. This link explains how to request the removal of a name from New Hampshire Patch police reports.

Officers arrived at the apartment and detained multiple people.

Reyes Reynoso was accused of possessing a baggie of fentanyl, a baggie of methamphetamine, and two baggies of cocaine. He also had a cell phone vape, a cell phone, and $295 in cash, the affidavit said. Reyes Reynoso was processed and held on preventative detention.

Crystal Marquis Credit: Concord Police Department

Crystal Marquis, 46, of Concord, on a resisting arrest or detention charge.

Advertisement

Brittany Price Credit: Concord Police Department

Brittany Price, 29, of Concord, on a Merrimack County Sheriff’s Department warrant on a theft by unauthorized taking charge, as well as warrants from the Hooksett police, Brentwood District Court, and two Franklin District Court warrants. Another man, in his late 40s, was detained but has not been charged, according to police documents. According to the affidavit, “(he) was searched and nothing was located on his person.”

Reyes Reynoso was deemed “indigent” by Judge Ryan Guptill and given a public defender. He was released on personal recognizance after being arraigned on May 14 and is due back in Concord District Court for a probable cause hearing on June 8.





Source link

Continue Reading

New Jersey

New Jersey drought warning persists into summer months

Published

on

New Jersey drought warning persists into summer months


This story is part of the WHYY News Climate Desk, bringing you news and solutions for our changing region.

From the Poconos to the Jersey Shore to the mouth of the Delaware Bay, what do you want to know about climate change? What would you like us to cover? Get in touch.


As summer begins, New Jersey Gov. Mikie Sherrill is urging residents to limit lawn watering, and hand water flowers and shrubs as a drought warning continues. The warning, in place since December 2025, could turn into a drought emergency if conditions do not improve. The state has suffered eight consecutive months of below-normal rainfall, according to officials.

“New Jersey is experiencing a chronic water supply drought, the scale of which we haven’t seen in more than twenty years,” state geologist Steven Domber said in a statement issued earlier this month. “The indicators that we track closely are showing persistently dry conditions. With uncertainty for rainfall in the coming months, we need residents to conserve water today, to ensure we have enough to sustain our needs over the summer.”

Advertisement

The Department of Environmental Protection uses a variety of indicators to determine drought levels, including precipitation, stream flows, reservoir levels, ground water levels and demand.

In addition to the last two months, officials say, the state “experienced below normal precipitation for 20 of the last 24 months since September 2024,” despite heavy snowfall events this past winter that helped restore reservoirs in North Jersey.

“While we saw a little relief over the winter, New Jersey is feeling the effects of nearly two years of below-normal precipitation,” Sherrill said in a statement earlier this month. She urged residents to voluntarily conserve water.

New Jersey state climatologist David Robinson said that since precipitation has been below normal for most of the last 24 months, the recent winter weather did not provide enough water to help restore streams and groundwater.

Should a drought emergency be declared, mandatory water restrictions would be put in place. The last drought emergency lasted almost a year, between March 2002 and January 2003.

Advertisement



Source link

Continue Reading

Pennsylvania

Man found shot to death inside home in Pottstown, Pa.

Published

on

Man found shot to death inside home in Pottstown, Pa.


Friday, May 22, 2026 2:21AM

Man found shot to death inside home in Montgomery County

POTTSTOWN, Pa. (WPVI) — Police in Montgomery County are investigating after a man was found shot to death inside a home in Pottstown.

Officers responded to a 911 call around 9:45 p.m. on Wednesday on the 400 block of West Street.

Xavier Jeffers, 20, was found dead in an upstairs bedroom.

Officials believe Jeffers was shot by someone he knew and say there is no danger to the public.

Advertisement

Anyone with information is asked to call Pottstown Police.

The investigation remains ongoing.

Copyright © 2026 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.



Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending