Midwest
Pilot, 6 passengers on skydiving flight jump before small plane crashes in Missouri hayfield
A pilot and six passengers on a skydiving flight jumped from a small plane just before the aircraft crashed in a Missouri field on Saturday, according to federal authorities.
The single-engine Cessna U206C crashed at about 1 p.m. near the Butler Memorial Airport, the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) told Fox News Digital in a statement.
Few details about the circumstances leading up to the crash were immediately available.
The agency said preliminary information indicates the plane was flying a “skydiving mission,” and that the pilot and all passengers escaped the plane before the crash.
SMALL PLANE CARRYING TWO PEOPLE CRASHES IN NASHVILLE SUBURB: POLICE
The wreckage of a single-engine Cessna U206C was found in a hayfield east of the airport’s runways. (Bates County Sheriffs Office)
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) confirmed to Fox News Digital that there were seven people aboard the aircraft at the time of the flight.
The pilot, who parachuted off the plane, was located in a hangar at the airport, according to the Bates County Sheriff’s Office. The six passengers also parachuted from the plane before the crash, KCTV reported.
WASHINGTON PILOT WHO HAD GONE MISSING FOUND DEAD IN PLANE THAT CRASHED IN FORESTED AREA
Paramedics treated the pilot and passengers at the scene before they were all released, the sheriff’s office said.
First responders found the aircraft wreckage in a hayfield east of the airport’s runways, according to the sheriff’s office, which described the plane as a “total loss.”
NTSB investigators will recover the wreckage and take it to an offsite facility for further examination.
CLICK TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
The Butler Memorial Airport is about 62 miles south of Kansas City.
Read the full article from Here
Detroit, MI
Southfield Freeway closed after shooting in Detroit, state police says
The Southfield Freeway was closed Thursday night after a shooting occurred in the area of M-39 near Joy Road, the Michigan State Police reported on X.
“Troopers are currently in the preliminary stages of the investigation, and additional information will be released as it becomes available,” the state police said.
Officials said the freeway is expected to remain closed for “several hours while investigators process the scene.” There was no indication about whether anyone was injured in the shooting. The state police gave no further details.
“The roadway will be reopened as soon as the investigation allows,” the state police said.
rburr@detroitnews.com
Milwaukee, WI
FBI seeks to interview Milwaukee police about 2020 election
MILWAUKEE — The FBI is reportedly looking to interview Milwaukee police officers about the 2020 presidential election.
The Milwaukee Police Department confirmed to TMJ4 that the department “is aware that the FBI may be interviewing members of our department regarding the 2020 Election.”
This marks the latest in a series of federal election inquiries in the area. Earlier this month, agents visited the home of Milwaukee County elections director Michelle Hawley.
The FBI has not said why they were attempting to contact Hawley, and they have not yet replied to requests for information on their probe of the Milwaukee officers.
President Donald Trump has continuously made false claims that he won the 2020 election, and election-related lawsuits continue to be a focus of the Department of Justice under the Trump administration.
On Thursday, U.S. District Judge James Pederson dismissed a DOJ lawsuit seeking to compel the state of Wisconsin to hand over detailed voter registration information.
The DOJ has sued at least 30 states and the District of Columbia seeking to force the release of detailed voter data. In addition to Wisconsin, judges have rejected similar attempts in Maine, Arizona, California, Massachusetts, Michigan, Oregon and Rhode Island.
Let’s talk:
Hey there! At TMJ4 News, we’re all about listening to our audience and tackling the stuff that really matters to you. Got a story idea, tip, or just want to chat about this piece? Hit us up using the form below. For more ways to get in touch, head over to tmj4.com/tips.
It’s about time to watch on your time. Stream local news and weather 24/7 by searching for “TMJ4” on your device.
Available for download on Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, and more.
Report a typo or error // Submit a news tip
Minneapolis, MN
Homicide investigation underway in north Minneapolis after double shooting leaves 16-year-old dead
A 16-year-old boy is dead after a shooting in north Minneapolis on Thursday night.
Police responded to the 1300 block of 18th Avenue North around 5:30 p.m. on a report of multiple shots fired. Officers at the scene found a 16-year-old boy with life-threatening injuries, Minneapolis police said.
He died at the scene, according to Minneapolis police.
A 44-year-old man who was in the area during the shooting was also hit and suffered a non-life-threatening gunshot wound. Police say he drove away from the area to a gas station near Broadway Avenue and Knox Avenue North, where officers responded and brought him to the hospital.
Investigators are looking into the circumstances around the shooting. No arrests have been made.
A 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS photographer captured evidence markers with bullet casings, crime scene tape and a large number of first responders.
“This is another heartbreaking act of violence that has left a young person dead, another individual wounded, and families suffering unimaginable pain,” said Chief O’Hara. “Our investigators are working urgently to determine exactly what happened and to identify every person responsible for this violence.”
Editor’s note: A spokesperson for Minneapolis police initially told 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS the victim was a “young adult man.” A later update from police said the victim was a juvenile.


To get the latest updates on this story sent to your mobile device, download the KSTP app at the links below.
-
New York1 hour agoHe Sued the N.Y.P.D. He Advised ‘Homeland.’ Now He’s Mamdani’s Lawyer.
-
Los Angeles, Ca1 hour agoLoved ones search for missing 21-year-old Southern California man with special needs
-
Detroit, MI2 hours agoSouthfield Freeway closed after shooting in Detroit, state police says
-
San Francisco, CA2 hours agoSan Francisco soccer league Girls Got Goals ready for World Cup in Bay Area
-
Dallas, TX2 hours agoDallas felon arrested after allegedly shooting 14-year-old inside vacant Pleasant Grove home
-
Miami, FL2 hours agoSister of high-ranking Cuba conglomerate official arrested by ICE in Miami
-
Boston, MA2 hours ago
FIFA permit delays for watch parties deepen World Cup woes in Massachusetts – The Boston Globe
-
Denver, CO2 hours agoPolice investigate shooting at Montbello Recreation Center
