Connect with us

Nebraska

Isaiah Neyor makes surprising transfer portal decision after initially signing with Louisville

Published

on

Isaiah Neyor makes surprising transfer portal decision after initially signing with Louisville


Nebraska wide receiver Isaiah Neyor has withdrawn from the NCAA transfer portal, On3’s Pete Nakos has learned. He previously signed with Louisville before withdrawing the documents.

Neyor signed with Louisville on Wednesday, but the papers were withdrawn shortly thereafter, On3 previously reported. It’s unclear if he will return to Nebraska or enter the NFL Draft, Nakos reported. However, a source told On3 the expectation is he will end up staying in the draft.

Neyor’s documents at Louisville were processed Jan. 1 at 7:23 p.m. ET, Nakos previously reported. They were then withdrawn at 7:58 p.m. ET that night.

To keep up with the latest players on the move, check out On3’s Transfer Portal wire

Advertisement

The On3 Transfer Portal Instagram account and X account are excellent resources to stay up to date with the latest moves.

Neyor started his college football career at Wyoming, playing three years with the Cowboys before entering the portal. He totaled 44 receptions for 878 yards and 22 touchdowns as a redshirt sophomore before committing to Texas, where he missed the 2022 season due to injury and appeared in just one game in 2023.

After that season, Neyor again hit the transfer portal and committed to Nebraska. This past year, he hauled in 34 receptions for 455 yards and five touchdowns. He officially re-entered the portal Dec. 27, three days after announcing his plans to declare for the draft via social media.

“To my family, your love and support have been my anchor and I am beyond grateful,” Neyor wrote in his NFL Draft announcement. “Most importantly I thank God for giving me the strength, guidance, and favor to walk this path. With that being said, I am proud to declare for the 2025 NFL Draft.”

Isaiah Neyor played high school football at Arlington (TX) Lamar, where he was a three-star prospect. He was the No. 2,740 overall recruit in the 2019 cycle, according to the On3 Industry Ranking, a weighted average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies.

Advertisement

After entering the portal, Neyor came in as the No. 277 overall player in the On3 Industry Transfer Rankings. He was also the No. 54-ranked wide receiver to hit the open market this cycle and visited Louisville one day after his signed documents were withdrawn.





Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Nebraska

Americans exposed to Hantavirus upset about being forced to quarantine in Nebraska

Published

on

Americans exposed to Hantavirus upset about being forced to quarantine in Nebraska


  • Justice Department charges Raul Castro with murder

    02:36

  • Graduation ceremony surprises reunite military members and loved ones

    01:33

  • Now Playing

    Americans exposed to Hantavirus upset about being forced to quarantine in Nebraska

    01:46

  • UP NEXT

    California burglary ring bust

    01:29

  • Car explodes into massive fireball

    01:09

  • Search for suspect in Harvard assault

    01:26

  • Trump-backed candidates sweep GOP primaries

    01:28

  • Crews scramble to contain several wildfires raging in California

    01:51

  • Woman dies after manhole fall

    01:30

  • Americans exposed to hantavirus forced to quarantine

    01:46

  • Billie Jean King earns college degree

    01:43

  • New details in deadly mosque attack

    02:37

  • Trump shows off ballroom construction amid new questions over ‘anti-weaponization’ fund

    02:24

  • Severe weather hits states from coast to coast

    02:12

  • Teacher shot by student takes stand in Virginia

    01:45

  • Kars4Kids ordered to pull ads in California over claims donors were misled

    01:35

  • Deadly shooting at San Diego Islamic center

    02:45

  • New video shows shocking moments at air show disaster

    01:18

  • American tests positive for Ebola as outbreak spreads in Africa

    02:02

  • Judge rules on whether key evidence can be used in Luigi Mangione’s state trial

    00:55

Nightly News

An American quarantining in Nebraska is speaking out to NBC News, saying he wants to continue his isolation at home but is not being allowed to do that, despite initially being told the quarantine would be voluntary. This as an American battling another life-threatening disease, ebola, is transported to Germany for care. NBC News’ Maggie Vespa has the story.

Advertisement

Nightly News

Nightly News

Nightly News

Nightly News

Nightly News

Nightly News

Play All



Source link

Continue Reading

Nebraska

How a centuries-old legal tool helped Nebraska immigrants leave ICE detention

Published

on

How a centuries-old legal tool helped Nebraska immigrants leave ICE detention


A man who fled an uprising in the Middle East decades ago, and whose son serves in the U.S. Air Force, was taken into custody during a routine immigration appointment in Des Moines, Iowa.

Another man brought to the country as a child in 1999, who now has a U.S.-born child, was arrested after a minor traffic stop in southwest Missouri.

And a man from El Salvador with no criminal record spent weeks in a Nebraska prison that had been converted to hold immigrants fighting to stay in the country.

In each of these cases, a federal judge ruled that their confinement, detailed in what’s called a habeas corpus petition, violated their rights and they were released.

Advertisement

As President Donald Trump’s administration dramatically expanded who was subject to mandatory detention, more than 45,000 habeas corpus cases have flooded federal courts across the country. Petitioners have alleged that their detention was illegal and asked to be returned to their families so they can continue their civil immigration cases from home. An analysis by The Marshall Project and The Midwest Newsroom found that habeas corpus filings in four Midwestern states have been overwhelmingly successful thus far.

In Iowa, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska, more than 450 cases have been filed since Trump’s inauguration last year. The vast majority of people in the roughly 160 cases that had been resolved through mid-April were granted a hearing to determine if they could be let out of detention on bond, or in some cases, were released outright.

“It’s actually really remarkable,” said Suchita Mathur, an attorney with the American Immigration Council, a D.C.-based nonprofit that advocates for immigrants. “I’ve never heard or seen any legal issue with this much consensus among district court judges.”

But as the Trump administration files appeals to attempt to narrow the discretion of judges in habeas corpus cases about immigration, the legal landscape is in flux.

Habeas outcomes

The legal concept of habeas corpus dates back over 800 years to the Magna Carta in England. For centuries, people in prison have used it to challenge confinement. Today, petitioners in civil immigration cases have used the legal mechanism to fight the Trump administration’s mandatory detention policy. Noncitizens have argued they should be released because of prolonged detention, a lack of access to bond hearings or inhumane conditions in the facilities where they are held.

Advertisement

We reviewed nearly 160 case filings in the four states covered by The Midwest Newsroom, but are not naming the immigrants who filed the petitions because nearly all of them still have immigration claims pending, and many expressed a fear of retaliation from Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the Department of Homeland Security.

The Trump administration has justified its large-scale arrests and mass raids on immigrant communities in several major cities by saying it is targeting the worst of the worst, but a review of the filings in habeas corpus cases undercuts those claims. Among the people held in ICE detention in these Midwestern states were people with pending asylum cases, no criminal history and parents of U.S.-born children.

The Department of Homeland Security, for example, recently contended in court documents that a man from Spain should be subject to mandatory detention and then deportation. He filed a habeas corpus petition while he was being held in the Cass County jail south of Omaha, Nebraska, after being arrested in January during ICE’s Operation Metro Surge in Minneapolis.

In 2022, under the Biden administration, the Department of Homeland Security had granted the man permission to stay in the U.S. because he was a minor who had suffered physical and emotional abuse by a parent.



Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Nebraska

Recent rain may fall short for parts of drought-stricken Nebraska

Published

on

Recent rain may fall short for parts of drought-stricken Nebraska


LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) — Recent rainfall across Nebraska may not have done enough to alleviate the state’s persistent drought, with many areas that needed moisture most receiving insufficient amounts.

The southeast region received the most rain over the past few days, where conditions are abnormally dry or in moderate drought.

The southern panhandle, where conditions are most severe, received minimal rainfall.

Last Thursday’s drought monitor showed exceptional drought in portions of the panhandle, including Morrill and Garden counties, where nearly 1 million acres burned in February.

Advertisement

Two-thirds of the state was in extreme drought, according to the map released last Thursday.

“Conditions are probably about as bad as a dust bowl. The map that was released last Thursday shows that two-thirds of the state were in extreme drought, which basically means that if you combine factors, that’s the worst 5% we’ve ever seen,” said Dr. Eric Hunt, a climatologist at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.

A partially flooded agricultural field off of Highway 4 in Fillmore County, Nebraska, on Monday, May 18, 2026(10/11 News / Darsha Dodge)

Hunt said it would take multiple good rains in a row with cooler temperatures over the span of a month to pull some areas out of their drought conditions.

Pasture conditions around the state are poor, with only 4% considered very good to excellent—dead last in the nation.

“Some of the northern panhandle and northeast Nebraska did okay, but there’s large sections of north central and northeastern Nebraska that did not pick up as much. And the southern panhandle generally got the shaft yet again,” Hunt said.

Advertisement

The University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s drought monitor will update again Thursday morning. It will give scientists a better idea of how much this weekend’s storms made a difference in the state’s drought.

Click here to subscribe to our 10/11 NOW daily digest and breaking news alerts delivered straight to your email inbox.

Copyright 2026 KOLN. All rights reserved.



Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending