Connect with us

Minnesota

Cal Basketball: Bears Secure Another Commitment – Minnesota Forward Josh Ola-Joseph

Published

on

Cal Basketball: Bears Secure Another Commitment – Minnesota Forward Josh Ola-Joseph


Forward Josh Ola-Joseph, who started 42 consecutive games over two years at Minnesota, announced his commitment to play next season for Cal basketball.

A 6-foot-7, 215-pound junior-to-be averaged 10.4 points the first 20 games this season before sustaining a concussion. He played just 5 minutes per game the rest of the season.

Ola-Joseph is the fifth commitment coach Mark Madsen has secured out of the transfer portal since the end of the season, when all five Cal starters departed. Point guard Christian Tucker of Texas-San Antonio committed earlier Saturday. Madsen also received a recent commitment from junior college transfer Jeff Nwankwo, giving Cal six additions to the roster since the end of the 2023-24 season.

Ola-Joseph is a native of Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, but played his senior high school season at Compass Prep in Arizona, where he was rated a 3-star prospect.

Advertisement

He averaged 7.5 points and 2.2 rebounds this season, including 17 points against Florida Gulf Coast and 15 vs. Iowa. He scored 17 against Rutgers a year ago when he produced 7.4 points and 2.7 rebounds as a freshman.

Ola-Joseph is a career 57-percent shooter, including nearly 61 percent this season. He converted 41 percent (13 of 32) from the 3-point arc this season.

He reportedly picked Cal after receiving interest from Nebraska, Oklahoma, Ole Miss and Texas Tech.



Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Minnesota

INTERVIEW: Minnesota Wedding Show

Published

on

INTERVIEW: Minnesota Wedding Show


INTERVIEW: Minnesota Wedding Show

If you’re getting ready to tie the knot, you’re in luck: The Minnesota Wedding Show is coming up on Sunday.

The show is an opportunity for engaged couples to connect with local wedding vendors to gain inspiration and plan for their big day.

Brooke Beise, publisher of Minnesota Bride magazine, stopped by our studio to chat with anchor Alex Jokich about the event.

Advertisement

The Minnesota Wedding Show runs from noon to 4 p.m. Sunday at the St. Paul RiverCentre. Tickets are free for those who preregister online or $10 at the door for same-day general admission. VIP access is $20 and gets passholders a one-hour head start.



Source link

Continue Reading

Minnesota

Boy, 15, injured after reportedly stolen car rolls at end of chase in Sherburne County

Published

on

Boy, 15, injured after reportedly stolen car rolls at end of chase in Sherburne County



A 15-year-old boy is in the hospital after the car he was driving, which was reportedly stolen, rolled at the end of a pursuit by a deputy in Becker Township Friday morning, according to the Minnesota State Patrol.

Advertisement

The boy drove the Kia Sportage away from a Sherburne County Sheriff’s Office deputy after they tried to stop the SUV, which the state agency said was stolen from Minneapolis. According to officials, the deputy had their “emergency equipment activated.”

The Kia went off a road and rolled in the area of U.S. Highway 10 and 165th Avenue Southeast around 11:49 a.m., according to the state agency.

A damaged Kia Sportage sits on the side of a road in Becker Township, Minnesota, after a crash on Feb. 20, 2026.

WCCO

Advertisement


Officials said the boy, who was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash, was taken to the hospital. The severity of his injuries has yet to be disclosed.

The state patrol is investigating the crash. 

WCCO has reached out to the sheriff’s office for more information.



Source link

Continue Reading

Minnesota

Minnesota has seen 5 measles cases so far in 2026

Published

on

Minnesota has seen 5 measles cases so far in 2026



Measles cases in the U.S. are rising at the fastest rate in a generation, and the trend now includes five cases in Minnesota since the start of the new year.

The Minnesota Department of Health said the five cases occurred in unvaccinated children and adults in the Twin Cities area. Four of the cases are linked, the department said, and all were infected within the United States.

Nationwide, doctors have diagnosed nearly 1,000 cases of measles in 2026. Last year, there were 2,281 cases total, with three deaths, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. No deaths have been reported so far this year.

Advertisement

In Minnesota, 26 cases were reported last year.

The CDC classifies measles as one of the most contagious infectious diseases. It can lead to severe lung and brain infections, cognitive issues, hearing loss and even death. Experts say getting vaccinated is the best protection against the disease — 94% of U.S. cases this year have occurred in unvaccinated people, according to the CDC.

Officials recommend children receive two doses of the MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) vaccine — the first at 12 to 15 months old and the second between 4 and 6 years old.  

Health experts blame declining vaccination rates for increases in preventable diseases like measles. During the 2019-2020 school year, 95.2% of kindergarteners were vaccinated against measles. In 2021-2022, that figutre dropped to 93%, and again to 92.7% in 2023-2024.

Advertisement



Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending