Cleveland, OH
At least 5 victims taken to hospital after shooting in the Flats; Shooter also shot: Police
CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) – At least five victims were taken to the hospital after a shooting in the Flats on Sunday.
Crews were called to the scene at 6:15 p.m.
Police are on the 1000 block of W 10th Street but may span multiple blocks. Cleveland Fire had previously been dispatched to the location for overcrowding at a nearby bar, according to Cleveland Police.
Cleveland EMS said they transported five victims from the scene with gunshot wounds.
The victims include:
- 28-year-old woman in critical condition
- 45-year-old man in critical condition
- 21-year-old man in critical condition
- 22-year-old man stable
- 24-year-old woman stable
One of the victims is believed to be the suspect.
“Preliminary investigation indicates that an altercation inside the nearby bar escalated outside, leading to the shooting,” Cleveland Police said.
Cleveland Police, Fire, and EMS were all on scene.
The mayor of Cleveland, Justin Bibb, released the following statement to 19 News Sunday night:
19 News crews saw the Play Bar and Grill being boarded up, which the mayor’s office confirmed is the bar involved in the shooting.
19 News got exclusive surveillance footage from that bar Sunday evening.
This is a developing story. Return to 19 News for updates
Copyright 2025 WOIO. All rights reserved.
Cleveland, OH
2 shot at Cleveland barbershop, suspect on the run
CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) – Two people were shot at a barbershop on the city’s East side Thursday afternoon.
This happened around 1:30 p.m. in the 3000 block of Superior Ave. in the city’s Goodrich-Kirtland Park neighborhood.
The barber shop where the shooting happened is located in a building at Danford Court and East 31st Place.
Police say the individuals who were shot were a 14-year-old and an 18-year-old.
Cleveland police and EMS have responded to the scene.
At this time, officers are searching for the suspect.
This is a developing story. Return to 19 News for updates.
Copyright 2026 WOIO. All rights reserved.
Cleveland, OH
Off-duty Cleveland Police officer involved in deadly shooting in Glenville neighborhood
CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) – A 26-year-old man was shot on Cleveland’s East Side Wednesday night by an off-duty Cleveland Police Officer.
The incident happened just before 8 p.m. in the 1400 block of East BLVD.
Preliminary information indicates that an off-duty Cleveland Police officer was at this location when a verbal altercation ensued and shots were fired. A firearm believed to belong to the man was recovered at the scene.
Police said the man was pronounced dead at the hospital.
The investigation is being handled by the Cuyahoga County Sheriff’s Office.
The off-duty officer was not injured.
More information related to this shooting will be released when it is available.
Copyright 2026 WOIO. All rights reserved.
Cleveland, OH
Former Cleveland bank executive faces 45 sex crime charges dating back to 2004
CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) -A former senior vice president at First National Bank in Cleveland is facing 45 counts of sex crimes dating back two decades, including charges involving a five-year-old child.
Joseph Fragapane, 63, of Strongsville, was indicted in December and again this month on charges prosecutors said span from 2004 through 2025. He has pleaded not guilty to the December charges and is out on bond.
Investigation began with cyber tip
The case began when a cyber tip came into the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. The center sent the case to the Ohio Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force.
“Our investigators began looking into that violation as well as what the conduct was and were able to determine that it was Joseph Fragapane committing these crimes,” said Megan Helton, an assistant prosecuting attorney with the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office, which runs Ohio ICAC.
Investigators said Fragapane uploaded nude images of children online, which linked back to his IP address.
Search warrant reveals additional victims
After serving a search warrant at his Strongsville home, investigators said they found more than just those images.
“As we continued to look through his devices, we were then able to determine that there were additional victims that were known to the defendant at different times in his life, and we were able to then talk with those individuals,” Helton said.
According to the indictment, the first victim was five years old and known to Fragapane. Prosecutors said between 2004 and 2005, he kidnapped her, sexually assaulted her and produced child sexual abuse material involving her.
The second victim, also someone he knew, was an adult. Prosecutors said in 2019, Fragapane secretly recorded her without her knowledge or consent, according to the indictment.
“One of the victims is an adult and one of the victims was a child at the time. And so when we see someone who is committing a variety of acts against really anyone he encounters, there is a concern that he was committing any offense that he had an opportunity to commit,” Helton said.
Additional charges involve photoshopped images
Fragapane also faces additional sex crime charges spanning from 2021 through 2025. Prosecutors said investigators found child sexual abuse material on his devices involving other children and women he knew personally.
“He would either obtain photos that he took himself, innocuous photos. So think holiday photos, think neighborhood photos, think cookout photos, where he would then take images of children’s heads and photoshop them onto nude bodies,” Helton said.
Here are the charges Fragapane faces, according to the indictment:
-Kidnapping- F1 (Count One)
-Gross Sexual Imposition- F3 (Counts 2 & 3)
-Illegal Use of Minor in Nudity-Oriented Material or Performance- F2 (Counts 4-12)
-Voyeurism- M1 (Counts 13-15)
-Pandering Sexually-Oriented Matter Involving a Minor or Impaired Person- F2
(Counts 16-25)
-Illegal Use of Minor in Nudity-Oriented Material or Performance- F2
(Counts 26-44)
-Possessing Criminal Tools- F5 (Count 45)
19 Investigates reached out to Fragapane for comment. He has not responded.
A spokesperson for First National Bank said Fragapane no longer works at the bank. She said they “don’t comment on legal matters about current or former employees.”
Fragapane’s attorney told us he is retired and no longer employed. She said he plans to plead not guilty to the new charges.
Prosecutors warn of potential additional victims
As the case heads to court, prosecutors warn there may be more victims still unaccounted for.
“Someone who is in the community is well-trusted, is known by a lot of individuals. There is a concern that person takes advantage of those circumstances, and that’s certainly what we see in this case, that he had a position of power, he had a position of being well-liked in the community, and he is essentially exploiting that,” Helton said.
Fragapane will be arraigned on the new charges next Thursday.
Investigators ask anyone who believes they or their child may have been a victim of sexual assault or exploitation in this case to call the Ohio Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force in Cleveland.
You can call the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office at 216-443-7800.
Need an investigation? Contact 19 Investigates with your request.
Copyright 2026 WOIO. All rights reserved.
-
Finance2 minutes agoSpecial meeting set for swearing-in of Magnolia finance officer and town clerk
-
Fitness8 minutes agoI’m a strength coach – this exercise ‘looks easy’ but do it right, and you’ll have stronger obliques and better core stability
-
Movie Reviews20 minutes ago‘Ladies First’ Review: Sacha Baron Cohen and Rosamund Pike in a Netflix Comedy That’s High-Concept but Hopelessly Predictable
-
World32 minutes ago
A look at the Hajj pilgrimage and Eid al-Adha and their significance to Muslims around the world
-
News38 minutes agoVideo: Thousands Attend Prayer Service for San Diego Mosque Attack Victims
-
Politics44 minutes agoVideo: Trump Settled a Case With Himself. Was That Legal?
-
Lifestyle1 hour ago‘Star Wars: The Mandalorian and Grogu’ may not be the way : Pop Culture Happy Hour
-
Technology2 hours agoAnker’s new earbuds’ call quality is ridiculously good