Connect with us

Los Angeles, Ca

Miley Cyrus to receive star on Hollywood Walk of Fame

Published

on

Miley Cyrus to receive star on Hollywood Walk of Fame

Every time Miley Cyrus walks, it’s a walk of fame. However, on Friday, she’s about to make it official.

She will be cemented in Hollywood history by receiving the 2,845th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Smilers, the nickname for Cyrus’s fan base, have been lining up since Thursday night to see the Grammy winner later in the day to accept the honor. It stretches down the block hours before the ceremony.

The “Flowers” singer’s star will be located on 7011 Hollywood Blvd., which is right next to the Marshalls near Madame Tussauds Hollywood.

KOST 103.5 F.M.’s Ellen K will serve as the host of the ceremony. Actress Aya Taylor Joy and fashion designer Donatella Versace are expected to speak.

Advertisement
Miley Cyrus performs “Flowers” during the 66th annual Grammy Awards on Sunday, Feb. 4, 2024, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Chris Pizzello)

The ceremony starts at 11:30 a.m. and will also be livestreamed here.

This is an achievement 20 years in the making for the former Disney darling. In 2006, she burst onto the scene as the fictional pop star, Hannah Montana, who was living a dual life. This year, she honored the 20th anniversary of “Hannah Montana” by reuniting with her former castmates for an hour-long special.

Cyrus then became a singer in her own right, blending rock, country, soul, and alternative within her lengthy catalog.

The three-time Golden Globe nominee is also a songwriter behind many platinum and diamond-certified singles and albums.

In 2024, won record of the year and best pop solo performance for “Flowers” at the Grammys. In 2025, her collaboration with Beyoncé received the Grammy for best country duo/group performance.

Advertisement

Los Angeles, Ca

Loved ones search for missing 21-year-old Southern California man with special needs

Published

on

Loved ones search for missing 21-year-old Southern California man with special needs

Loved ones are searching for a Los Angeles County man with special needs who has been missing for nearly a month.

Davyon Demonte Valencia, 21, was reported missing on April 23, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

Valencia, who is considered at-risk, was last seen on the 400 block of East 126th Street in the Willowbrook neighborhood of South L.A.

He is 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighs 115 pounds. He has brown eyes and brown hair and was last seen wearing a black sweater and blue sweatpants.

Davyon Demonte Valencia, 21, was last seen in South Los Angeles on April 23, 2026. (Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department)

He may have been heading to the 12000 block of South Broadway or the 900 Block of East El Segundo Boulevard in L.A. when he disappeared.

Advertisement

They have not heard from him since and are very concerned for his well-being.

Anyone who may know Valencia’s whereabouts or has information on the case can call LASD’s Missing Persons Detail at 323-890-5500.

Anonymous tips can be provided to L.A. Regional Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or online at lacrimestoppers.org.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Los Angeles, Ca

2 red-tailed hawk nestlings rescued after 63-foot fall in Santa Clarita

Published

on

2 red-tailed hawk nestlings rescued after 63-foot fall in Santa Clarita

Two red-tailed hawk nestlings are recovering after falling nearly 63.5 feet from their nest at a Santa Clarita city facility, officials said Wednesday.

The young birds were discovered last week beneath a tree at the City Hall Corporate Yard parking lot, according to the City of Santa Clarita. Staff members quickly contacted the Ojai Raptor Center, which agreed to take in the injured hawks for treatment and rehabilitation.

A city employee then carefully transported the nestlings to the nonprofit wildlife rehabilitation center, officials said.

Photos shared by the city show the fluffy young hawks alert and recovering inside temporary enclosures as they receive care.

  • Two rescued red-tailed hawk nestlings in Santa Clarita after falling from a nest before being transported for rehabilitation.
  • A rescued red-tailed hawk nestling sits on pavement in Santa Clarita after falling from a nest before being transported for rehabilitation.

The hawks are currently being treated by veterinarians and will remain hospitalized while their injuries heal.

“Once medically cleared, they will transition to larger outdoor flight enclosures where they can strengthen their wings and practice essential flying and hunting skills before eventually being released back into their natural habitat,” the city said in a social media post.

Advertisement

Red-tailed hawks are among the most common birds of prey in Southern California and are frequently seen soaring over neighborhoods, open space and roadways.

Officials did not specify the extent of the nestlings’ injuries or when they are expected to be released back into the wild.

Continue Reading

Los Angeles, Ca

Southern California jeweler accused of stealing $1.5 million from customers through Rolex watch scam

Published

on

Southern California jeweler accused of stealing .5 million from customers through Rolex watch scam

A Southern California jeweler allegedly stole nearly $1.5 million from customers through a fraud scheme involving Rolex watch sales.

Nelson Andres Holdo is accused of scamming 22 victims in Orange and Los Angeles counties from 2021 to 2026, according to the California Attorney General’s Office.

Prosecutors said Holdo specifically targeted buyers who wanted to purchase high-end Rolex models priced between $50,000 and $100,000. 

He would falsely promise to source the clients’ requested watches through his overseas brokers and would convince customers to wire him the full purchase price upfront, prosecutors said.

Advertisement

The victims were told that the watches would arrive within four to six weeks. When the timeline lapsed and no watches arrived, Holdo would reportedly offer “endless excuses and reassurances as the weeks turned into months,” investigators said.

“When buyers finally demanded their money back, the jeweler agreed to issue refunds, but ultimately pocketed the cash, leaving most victims without their money,” court documents said.

Holdo was also accused of not paying a watch distributor for high-end watches that were sold to him, worth over $400,000.

Holdo was charged with grand theft, writing a fraudulent check and other white-collar crime enhancements.

The case will be prosecuted by the California Department of Justice. The DOJ received assistance from the Newport Beach Police Department in the investigation.

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending