Connect with us

West

Devices used in Portland, Vancouver ballot box fires had ‘Free Gaza’ and ‘Free Palestine’ message: report

Published

on

Devices used in Portland, Vancouver ballot box fires had ‘Free Gaza’ and ‘Free Palestine’ message: report

An incendiary device placed in ballot boxes in Portland, Oregon and Vancouver, Washington this month reportedly contained written messages in support of Gaza and Palestine. 

The first incident occurred in Vancouver on Oct. 8, in which a device was placed in a drop box with the phrases “Free Palestine” and “Free Gaza” written on them. 

Then early Monday, two more ballot boxes – one in Portland and another in Vancouver – were set alight with incendiary devices marked with the message “Free Gaza.” 

The Portland Police Bureau released images of the suspect vehicle that is believed to be connected to ballot box fires in Portland and Vancouver. (Portland Police Bureau)

A law enforcement official confirmed the “Free Gaza” and “Free Palestine” messages to The Associated Press, speaking on the condition of anonymity. Both the Portland and Vancouver Police Departments would not confirm the messages, directing questions to the FBI. 

Advertisement

FBI Portland has said it is actively investigating both situations. 

Police said the incendiary devices were placed on the outside of the boxes. 

All three incidents are believed to be connected. Authorities said Wednesday that the man suspected of setting the drop boxes on fire is an experienced metalworker and may be planning additional attacks. 

HARRIS-TRUMP SHOWDOWN: IN NATION’S BIGGEST BATTLEGROUND, NEW POLLS SHOW ‘IT’S REALLY, REALLY CLOSE’

Authorities describe the suspect as a white man, aged 30 to 40, who is balding and has very short hair. 

Advertisement

Police released photos of a suspected vehicle allegedly involved in ballot box fires in Vancouver and Portland. (Portland Police Bureau)

Police previously said surveillance video showed the man driving a black or dark-colored 2001 to 2004 Volvo S-60. The vehicle did not have a front license plate, but it did have a rear plate with unknown letters or numbers.

No ballots were damaged in the Oct. 8 incident. Only three ballots were damaged in the arson in Portland, but hundreds were damaged in the attack in Vancouver. 

WHITE HOUSE DENIES THAT BIDEN REFERRED TO TRUMP SUPPORTERS AS ‘GARBAGE’

Greg Kimsey, the elected auditor in Clark County, Washington, said the exact number of ballots destroyed in Vancouver isn’t known at this time, but officials retrieved about 475 damaged ballots from the box.  

Advertisement

Kimsey has called the arsons a “direct attack on democracy.”

A ballot box is seen damaged in Portland, Ore., on Monday, Oct. 28 following a fire, police say. (Portland Police Bureau)

Kimsey said police will increase patrols around ballot drop box locations and Clark County Elections Office employees will observe ballot boxes 24 hours a day, seven days a week until the election is over.

Election staff on Wednesday planned to sort through the damaged ballots for information about who cast them, in the hopes that those voters can be given replacement ballots. 

Advertisement

Fox News Digital’s Stepheny Price contributed to this report. 

Read the full article from Here

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Nevada

Fatal crash on US-95 in Nye County

Published

on

Fatal crash on US-95 in Nye County


LAS VEGAS (FOX5) — One woman is dead following a head-on collision on US-95 Sunday afternoon.

Nevada Highway Patrol responded to a report of a crash at 4:41 p.m. at mile marker 105, approximately 45 miles north of Beatty. The crash involved two sport utility vehicles.

One adult female driver was confirmed dead at the scene. The other driver was transported to a local area hospital with injuries.

MORE ON FOX5: Report: Nevada traffic deaths down 33% for April

Advertisement

No road closures are in effect. Investigations are being conducted on the southbound shoulder area.

Nevada Highway Patrol, a division of the Nevada State Police, is asking motorists to slow down and use caution in the area as troopers and investigators work at the scene.

Further information will be provided following the preliminary investigation.

Copyright 2026 KVVU. All rights reserved.



Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

New Mexico

New York Giants UDFA Scouting Report: RB Damon Bankston, New Mexico

Published

on

New York Giants UDFA Scouting Report: RB Damon Bankston, New Mexico


Damon Bankston, RB

Height: 5’ 10 ⅜”
Weight: 196 lbs
Class: Fifth-year Senior
School: New Mexico
Hands: 9 ½”
Arm Length: 30 ⅞”
Wingspan: 72 ⅝”
40-Yard Dash: 4.44 seconds
Bench Press: 21 reps
Vertical: 33”
Broad Jump: 10’ 3”
20-Yard Shuttle: 4.32 seconds
3-Cone: 6.89  seconds
STATS

Advertisement

Damon Bankston was an unranked running back recruit from Katy Paetow in Katy, Texas, who enrolled at Weber State, an FCS school in Ogden, Utah.

Advertisement

Bankston would stay at Weber State from 2021 to 2024 before transferring to New Mexico for his final season of college football in 2025.

As a redshirt senior, Bankston would rack up 635 rushing yards, 397 receiving yards, and 8 scrimmage touchdowns, as well as another 434 kick return yards and two touchdowns on just 12 returns.

Advertisement

Strengths

  • Explosive athlete with elite acceleration
  • Soft, natural hands as a pass-catcher out of the backfield 
  • Solid vision when operating in zone run schemes
  • Usually a patient runner before accelerating through gaps
  • Plays very quick as a runner with a bit of a choppy style
  • Eliminates tackle angles with acceleration
  • Can make defenders miss in space with a solid juke move
  • Kick return specialist with two return touchdowns in 2025
  • Willing as a pass protector in the backfield

Weaknesses

  • Likely won’t be able to survive through contact often against NFL-caliber defenders
  • Questionable ability to run between the tackles at the next level
  • Not necessarily a weakness but only one year of FBS film, not sure how he’ll adapt to NFL game speed
  • Questionable size to succeed in pass protection
  • Ball security was an issue for him in 2025, including two fumbles in one game against Colorado State
  • Play strength is a concern with contact balance, ball security, pass protection, and the ability to be an all-around back

Summary

Bankston will at best be a change-of-pace back in the NFL who never handles a significant workload.

Advertisement

Carving out a role as a return specialist should be the goal for Bankston to make the roster in 2026, which will also be a tall task for him to solidify with Deonte Banks back for the Giants in 2026.

Bankston, who at this point is probably more of a practice squad candidate, can definitely provide some juice on special teams as a kickoff returner. In college he averaged 36.2 yards per return and had two returns for touchdown, showing some explosiveness.

The step up in competition from the FCS to FBS for Bankston caused him to be less consistent with creating yards after contact and making defenders miss.

It’s fair to estimate that with another step up in competition, Bankston could once again see a decrease in that ability to create.

Advertisement

Sign up for our free newsletter and follow us on Facebook and X for the latest news, and send your mailbag questions to us.  

Advertisement
Add us as a preferred source on Google



Source link

Continue Reading

Oregon

Career criminal creep with 166 arrests, 55 convictions since 1999 sentenced to life in prison

Published

on

Career criminal creep with 166 arrests, 55 convictions since 1999 sentenced to life in prison


An Oregon creep with a record-setting rap sheet cataloguing a staggering 166 arrests dating back to his teens was finally sentenced to life in prison on Friday.

Joshua Cory Nealy, 41, was slapped with the hefty life sentence without possibility for parole for a January 2023 arrest where he flashed a female clothing store employee and a security officer, according to a news release from the Washington County District Attorney’s Office.

The misdemeanor charge, which would usually land first-time offenders behind bars for just one year, did him in after a whopping 55 prior convictions, including seven felony charges.

Parolee Joshua Cory Nealy, 41, was sentenced to life in prison on Friday after he flashed a female clothing store employee and a security guard at an Oregon mall. Washington County District Attorneyâs Office

Nealy was already on parole when he strolled into the Washington Square Mall in Portland and started schmoozing with a skeptical clothing store clerk.

Advertisement

The repeat offender sifted aimlessly through the store and collected a random assortment of clothes. He asked the female clerk for assistance while he was nude in the store’s changing room — then “opened the door fully and exposed himself to her,” the release said.

Nealy invited the woman to have sex and attempted to cajole her into the dressing room. The victim quickly flagged down a security officer, who Nealy also flashed before fleeing the store with a stolen pair of sunglasses.

Officers with the Tigard Police Department — located one town over from the mall — nabbed the registered sex offender that same day.

Before Washington County Circuit Judge Theodore Sims remanded Nealy to life in prison on Friday, his attorneys tried to argue that the repeat offender had a “compromised mental state.”

The lawyers cited a police report from Nealy’s 2007 attempted rape conviction that described how he “was using ‘crank’,” the street term for meth, “had been awake for two days and expressed his belief that his mother was the Queen of Southern England,” as reported by Oregon Live.

Advertisement

Exterior of a large building with a circular logo featuring green and blue intertwined shapes above the main entrance.
Nealy flashed a female store employee and a security officer at the Washington Square Mall in January 2023. Google

They also noted the defense’s sentencing memo for his first public indecency conviction, where he was apparently talking gibberish during the ordeal.

Then, the lawyers alleged that Nealy was “under the influence” during the incident at the Portland mall.

Despite their efforts, Nealy was handed the life sentence in accordance with a state statute that requires the imposition for defendants who have two prior felony sex crime convictions.

Court records obtained by Oregon Live show that Nealy still has two outstanding cases for assault and attempted assault in Washington County.

Nealy, whose criminal record dates back to when he was just 14 years old, was previously charged with attempted rape, robbery, various assaults, failure to report as a sex offender and more.

Advertisement



Source link

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending