Connect with us

Maine

The Maine Share Summer Anthem 'Touch' 

Published

on

The Maine Share Summer Anthem 'Touch' 


Their first new music since the release of their 2023 self-titled album, The Maine have shared vibrant, summer anthem ‘Touch’, alongside a cryptic music video.

Marking an official end to their self-titled era, ‘Touch’ appears to signal a fresh direction for the Arizona band.

A short-but-sweet pop-punk tune, the new track is released alongside a music video featuring frontman John O’Callaghan, with a cryptic message of ‘The Maine Is Dead’ flashing throughout.

Have a listen to ‘the new version ‘Touch’ via its video below.

Advertisement

In an Instagram post celebrating the track’s release, the band shared:

“On another episode of, “This Doesn’t Sound Like The Maine,” we dive into the sonic drama of their new song “Touch.” Seventeen years in, I too am unsure if TM has an actual sound, but all I know is that this is where our creative taste took us and to me it sounds like a rattlesnake in the trousers.”

Earlier this year, The Maine celebrated 16 years of their band with a special show in London – read Rock Sound’s full review of the evening here.

As we get ready to step into whatever the band have planned for us next, take a look back on the self-titled era via the video below which guides you track by track through the project. 

Advertisement





Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Maine

Marking 27 years since Bethel first set world record for tallest snowman

Published

on

Marking 27 years since Bethel first set world record for tallest snowman


BETHEL (WGME) – Thursday marks 27 years since a record-breaking snowman was completed in Bethel.

In 1999, the finishing touches were put on Angus “King of the Mountain,” named after then-Governor Angus King.

At 113 feet and 7 inches, it set a Guinness World Record for world’s tallest snowman at the time.

Just nine years later, Bethel would break that record, building Olympia “the Snowe-Woman,” which stood at 122 feet and 1 inch.

Advertisement

The Bethel Chamber of Commerce says it took 13 million pounds of snow to build Olympia and 8 million to build Angus.



Source link

Continue Reading

Maine

Solar companies lose bid to restore Maine incentives

Published

on

Solar companies lose bid to restore Maine incentives


A federal judge has dealt a blow to solar companies’ attempt to block a rollback of state incentives for the industry passed by Maine lawmakers.

U.S. District Judge Stacey Neumann on Tuesday denied a motion for preliminary injunction filed by the owners of dozens of solar farms to halt new project fees included in changes to Maine’s Net Energy Billing program.

Judge Neumann discounted the companies’ arguments that an imposition of new fees on existing projects was an unconstitutional government “taking” and said they were unlikely to win the case.

The solar companies argued that they developed projects under an expansion of the Net Energy Billing (NEB) program seven years ago.

Advertisement

Developers sued Maine utility regulators last year, arguing that they relied on the program to make project finances work and adding new fees would cripple existing solar farms.

But Judge Neumann noted that companies’ participation in NEB was entirely voluntarily, and they could withdraw and sell power to other customers.

“The project charge does not fall within either recognized exception to the general rule that monetary assessments are not takings,” Judge Neumann said.

Maine lawmakers expanded NEB in 2019 to encourage developers to install “community” solar projects of up to 5 megawatts with special electric rates paid for by electric customers.

The policy sparked a boom in solar development in Maine, but costs of the program were tied to overall electric prices which rose sharply in recent years.

Advertisement

In 2026 lawmakers curtailed the program and added the new charges to offset electric ratepayers’ expenses.

An attorney representing the companies did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

But Kevin Cray, vice president of existing markets and regulatory affairs for the Coalition for Community Solar Access said it was disappointed by the decision and believed in the merits of the suit’s claims.

“This retroactive policy change chills economic investment, undermines market certainty, and punishes American companies that followed the law, while ignoring the Maine Department of Energy Resources’ report that natural gas, not solar or wind, is the real driver of soaring power prices,” Cray said in a press release.

Advertisement





Source link

Continue Reading

Maine

Share the Power of a Wish Telethon raises more than $130,000 for Make-A-Wish Maine

Published

on

Share the Power of a Wish Telethon raises more than 0,000 for Make-A-Wish Maine


PORTLAND (WGME) — Wednesday was Share the Power of a Wish Day at CBS13, where we help raise money, make wishes come true and shine a light on the importance of Make-A-Wish Maine as they grant life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses all across the state.

We had amazing volunteers in our studio all day.

CBS13 had a goal of helping to raise $130,000 and Mainers knocked that out of the park, raising roughly $132,000.

All of that money goes toward making wishes come true. Last year was another record-setting year, where you helped grant 89 wishes. This year, we were looking to grant even more.

Advertisement

Interview with Make-A-Wish Maine CEO Brian Franks (WGME)

Make-A-Wish Maine has granted more than 2,000 wishes since they started granting wishes more than 30 years ago, and their hope is to reach every eligible child in Maine who is battling a critical illness.



Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending