Southwest
Wife of rodeo star Spencer Wright shares tragic update on three-year-old son Levi after river accident
Kallie Wright, wife of rodeo star Spencer Wright, shared a heartbreaking update on their three-year-old son, Levi, who is in critical condition after an accident in the Utah River.
Levi nearly drowned and was feared brain-dead after he fell off a toy tractor into the river on Tuesday. Though he woke up briefly on Friday, the boy’s mother said on Friday the family is “shattered” after seeing the MRI result.
“The MRI wasn’t good, we’re shattered but it is just images that suggest a certain quality of life,” wrote Kallie Wright, who has been posting updates about her son on Facebook. “Our real teller of all will be what Levi does over the course of a few days.”
Levi was admitted to Primary Children’s Hospital in Salt Lake City after his accident on Tuesday. Although the MRI results appeared discouraging, there were signs of progress earlier that gave the family hope.
RODEO STAR SPENCER WRIGHT’S SON AWAKE AFTER PREVIOUSLY BEING CONSIDERED BRAIN-DEAD FOLLOWING RIVER ACCIDENT
Spencer Wright, 33, is ranked No. 40 in the world in saddle bronc riding. His three-year-old son Levi remains in critical condition after falling into the Utah River on his tractor. (STACIE SCOTT/THE DESERET NEWS VIA AP)
Family friend Mindy Clark, who has also posted updates about the boy on social media, shared Friday that Levi’s EEG monitor showed brain activity when he heard his sister’s voice telling him “how she was hoping he’d get better and couldn’t wait for him to come home.” The monitor also reacted when the family played him dinosaur sounds from one of his favorite books and when his mother kissed him, Clark said.
Wright asked for prayers as the family continues to seek the best medical opinions and care for Levi.
“Please continue to pray! I’m not giving up on my baby just yet,” she wrote. “I’m working on getting any and all neurologists or other educated professionals with expertise in this area who are willing to view his MRI. Then just seeing what my strong boys does in the next few days. You might not hear from me for a few days, we are going to focus on our Beans!”
Levi was playing outside his family’s Beaver County home on Tuesday when his mother briefly went inside. By the time she returned, the toddler was nowhere to be found.
RODEO STAR SPENCER WRIGHT’S THREE-YEAR-OLD SON HOSPITALIZED AFTER FALLING INTO UTAH RIVER ON TOY TRACTOR
Spencer Wright competes on the Saddle Bronc Riding BP Super Series I, Round 2 during the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, in Houston. (Marie D. De Jesus/Houston Chronicle via Getty Images)
“I need everyone in Beaver to come to my house and help find my son in the water,” she posted on Facebook during the search.
Although they didn’t disclose the child’s name, the Beaver County Sheriff’s Office wrote in a statement that it had received a call about a boy who had fallen into the river off a toy tractor around 6 p.m. that day. He was found unconscious in the water about a mile downstream, Clark told KUTV.
“[Kallie] saw his little tractor overturned and immediately dialed 911 and jumped into the water to find him,” Clark told KUTV. “We don’t know how long he had been in the water, but he had been carried quite a ways.”
Initially, the family’s outlook was grim, but testing performed Wednesday began to lift their hopes.
PENNSYLVANIA DAD DEMANDS ANSWERS AFTER SON, 5, HAS TEETH KNOCKED OUT IN BLOODY ASSAULT AT SCHOOL, LAWYER SAYS
Stetson Wright, Jesse Wright, Ryder Wright, Rusty Wright, Spencer Wright and Cody Wright pose onstage during the “Outside the Barrel” with Flint Rasmussen show during National Finals Rodeo’s Cowboy Christmas at the Las Vegas Convention Center on December 7, 2019, in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Photo by Mindy Small/FilmMagic)
“Our doctor was a little taken aback by her exam as they came in the room to end care. She felt strongly that we needed to give him more time,” the family said Wednesday. “Now this doesn’t mean that in 12 hours we won’t be right back in the same position with him in my arms preparing for goodbye but it does mean we have time for a miracle…. Don’t give up on my boy just yet.”
Clark wrote that the family is “unbelievably humbled” by the love and prayers they’ve received since the child was injured.
The toddler’s father, 33-year-old Spencer Wright, is ranked No. 40 in the world in saddle bronc riding. He and his three brothers made history in 2014 when all four qualified for the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo. Wright ultimately won the championship.
The family was the subject of the book “The Last Cowboys” and has been featured on an episode of “60 Minutes.”
Earlier this year, Wright won the Rio Grande Livestock Show and Rodeo in Mercedes, Texas.
Fox News’ Christina Coulter contributed to this report.
Read the full article from Here
Los Angeles, Ca
Long Beach man arrested for murder in deadly hit-and-run crash
A 23-year-old man from Long Beach is in custody following a deadly hit-and-run crash in Riverside County Saturday.
The crash happened around 8:09 a.m. near the intersection of Dinah Shore Drive and George Montgomery Way in the city of Rancho Mirage, according to the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department.
Deputies responded and found one of the involved drivers, 57-year-old Teresa Bowlin of Cathedral City, dead at the scene. The other driver, Tyler Conant of Long Beach, ran from the scene of the crash, according to the sheriff’s department.
“During the investigation, it was determined that Conant was under the influence of alcohol [at the time of the crash],” the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department said.
Conant was arrested and booked into the John Benoit Detention Center for murder and felony hit-and-run.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information about the crash is asked to contact Deputy Bret Meservey at (760) 836-1600.
Los Angeles, Ca
Long Beach to hold new pride festival after previous one canceled
Long Beach will hold a pride festival this weekend after the one they originally had scheduled was canceled.
Long Beach city officials said the celebration was nixed after the nonprofit that organizes it, Long Beach Pride, failed to submit the required information for an event permit.
It was supposed to start on Friday and last through Sunday.
“Despite continued collaboration and multiple deadline notices, the City did not receive the required documentation needed to complete safety reviews, inspect critical event infrastructure, such as the stage, electrical systems and tent, and emergency exiting plans to ensure compliance with public safety standards,” the city of Long Beach said in a statement. “With event programming scheduled to begin on May 15 at 5 p.m. with Teen Pride and essential information still outstanding, there is no longer sufficient time to safely permit the festival this year.”
Officials noted that they were working to see if a “shortened event” could be held this weekend, and indeed, an agreement was reached to stage a one-day gathering on Sunday.
Billed as “Canceled? Never Heard of Her!” and emceed by comedian and drag queen Jewels, it will still bring the city’s LGBTQ community together after Sunday morning’s Long Beach Pride Parade, which was not canceled.
“Long Beach Pride weekend is a culmination of celebrations put on by our community, including our many vibrant restaurants, bars and businesses, and that will never change,” Long Beach Mayor Rex Richardson said in a press release issued late Saturday night. “Along with the Pride Parade, we are proud to join the party with this new event that reaffirms what this City has always stood for: that every person belongs here.”
“The festival may have been canceled, but Long Beach drag artists don’t cancel joy,” added Jewels Long Beach.
The one-day “Canceled? Never Heard of Her!” festival will take place at Bixby Park from noon to 7 p.m. Sunday. A free event, it will include music by several performers and a drag show.
More information can be found here.
Los Angeles, Ca
L.A. Jewish institution among targets of foiled terrorist attack, U.S. officials say
A Jewish institution in Los Angeles was among the locations targeted in a recently foiled terrorism plot, U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York Jay Clayton announced this week.
The thwarted terrorist attacks were the result of the recent arrest of Mohammad Baqer Saad Dawood Al-Saadi, an Iraqi national and senior member of Kata’ib Hizballah, U.S. officials said.
“Mohammad Baqer Saad Dawood Al-Saadi, a commander for the terrorist organization, Kata’ib Hizballah, faces serious charges for his role in numerous attacks against U.S. interests across the globe, including his efforts to kill on U.S. soil,” Clayton said. “As alleged, for years, Al-Saadi committed himself to furthering the terrorist goals of Kata’ib Hizballah and the IRGC, two terrorist organizations dedicated to harming the United States and its allies.”
Al-Saadi recently attempted to carry out attacks in the U.S., officials said, including attacks at Jewish cultural places of interest in New York, Los Angeles and Scottsdale, Ariz.
“Al-Saadi attempted to disrupt American society through intimidation and violence,” a press release from the U.S. Attorney’s Office reads. “… Those who engage in or support terrorism against Americans and on U.S. soil should take note: the whole of the federal government is committed to dismantling terrorist organizations and bringing their members to justice.”
In a three-month period, Al-Saadi allegedly directed 18 terrorist attacks throughout Europe, including bombings, arson, and assaults targeting American citizens and points of interest. Prior to his arrest, national security officials say he was planning similar attacks on U.S. soil. Assistant Attorney General for National Security John A. Eisenberg said that Al-Saadi “presented a serious threat to our national security.”
The European attacks included the bombing of the Bank of New York Mellon, an American bank, in Amsterdam on March 15. On April 29, two Jewish men, one of whom was a dual U.S.-British citizen, were stabbed and seriously injured in London.
In 2020, Al-Saadi took to social media, calling for others to attack and kill Americans in retribution for the deaths of Iranian military officer Qasem Soleimani and Iraqi military commander Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, U.S. officials said. In more recent months, Al-Saadi allegedly used social media to encourage the killing of Americans and Jews to further the terrorist goals of Kata’ib Hizballah and the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.
“In or about February 2026, for example, AL-SAADI posted on one of his social media accounts a message in Arabic, which read in part, ‘Do not abandon the blood of your Imam of the time, oh Shiites of Iraq. Kill everyone who supports America and Israel. Do not leave any of them remaining. Civil and military targets, as well as voices of discord, kill them everywhere.’” U.S. officials said.
NYPD Commissioner Jessica S. Tisch confirmed that one of the U.S. targets was a Manhattan synagogue. On April 3, Al-Saadi allegedly spoke to an undercover law enforcement officer whom Al-Saadi believed could carry out attacks in the U.S. That same day, Al-Saadi allegedly texted the undercover officers photographs and maps showing the exact location of a prominent Jewish synagogue in New York City.
Officials have not said what specific locations in L.A. and Arizona were targeted by the terrorist group.
Al-Saadi now faces numerous charges for these crimes in U.S. court. If convicted, he could be sentenced to life in prison.
The case is under investigation by the FBI’s New York Joint Terrorism Task Force, which is comprised of investigators and analysts from the FBI, the NYPD, the FBI Washington Field Office, Counterterrorism Division, and more than 50 other federal, state, and local agencies. Investigators also received help from the Department of Justice’s National Security Division, Counterterrorism Section, the Office of International Affairs of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division, and U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
-
Texas2 minutes ago2026 ACM Awards Choose Texas, Ella Langley for Record-Setting Wins…
-
Utah8 minutes agoUtah’s fragile desert could feel like the Sahara if America’s biggest data center gets built
-
Vermont14 minutes agoVT Pride events mix protest, joy as LGBTQ groups see threat in new laws
-
Virginia20 minutes agoVirginia Lottery Pick 3 Night, Pick 3 Day results for May 17, 2026
-
Washington26 minutes ago
Washington Lottery Cash Pop, Pick 3 results for May 17, 2026
-
Wisconsin32 minutes ago
Wisconsin Lottery Pick 3, Pick 4 results for May 17, 2026
-
West Virginia38 minutes agoWVDNR reminds public to leave young wildlife alone
-
Wyoming44 minutes agoHeavy Mountain Snow Expected Through Monday, Freezing And Snow For Cheyenne And Laramie