West
Newlywed nurse murder suspect evicted from apartment: report
The neighbor who is being accused of killing Melissa Jubane, a newlywed nurse, has been evicted from their shared Oregon apartment complex by the landlord as he stands trial for her murder.
Attorneys for the apartment complex in Beaverton filed an eviction lawsuit on Oct. 15 against Jonathan Bryce Schubert, 27, and his roommate, demanding they vacate due to an “act which is outrageous in the extreme,” according to documents obtained by KGW8.
The lawsuit, filed by Sentinel Real Estate Corporation, does not reveal many details but claims personal injury, substantial damage and an “extremely outrageous act” as potential justification for the eviction. The order also asks to give a 24-hour notice for Schubert to vacate.
Schubert was arrested by Beaverton Police on Sept. 6 and is accused of murdering Jubane, who had been reported missing two days earlier after she did not show up for work at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center.
SUSPECT ACCUSED OF KILLING NEWLYWED NURSE HAD BEEN ‘DELIBERATELY CRUEL’: REPORT
New details in the case of Melissa Jubane, a nurse who was discovered dead two days after she went missing in early September, are shedding light on the man accused of her murder. (KATU)
Officials said that as a result of an extensive investigation, it was determined that Schubert was involved in Jubane’s disappearance.
Investigators believe that Jubane was kidnapped and taken from one place to another by Schubert with the intention to cause physical harm, court documents detailed. Schubert is also believed to have caused intentional harm and abuse to Jubane’s body after killing her.
Previous court documents obtained by KGW8 stated that Schubert was “deliberately cruel to [the] victim” and used a weapon and “posed a threat of actual violence” which resulted in permanent injury to Jubane prior to her death.
Prosecutors argued that “future efforts to rehabilitate the defendant will not be successful.”
NEIGHBOR ACCUSED OF KILLING MISSING OREGON NEWLYWED NURSE MAKES FIRST COURT APPEARANCE
Oregon nurse Melissa Jubane was found dead days after marrying her longtime boyfriend Bryan Llantero. (KHON2)
The documents also stated that the “degree of harm or loss was significantly greater than typical for such an offense” and that there is a “need” to ensure public safety.
Beaverton police confirmed that the remains of Jubane were found following a three-day search and just two weeks after she tied the knot on Aug. 24 on Oahu in Hawaii with her longtime partner of 10 years, Bryan Llantero, a native of Kalihi, Hawaii.
FOX 12 reported that Schubert worked as a nurse at Providence Portland Medical Center from September 2022 to October 2023. However, Schubert was not employed at Providence St. Vincent, where Melissa worked, Providence said in a statement on Saturday morning.
MISSING OREGON NURSE FOUND DEAD DAYS AFTER RETURNING HOME FROM HER WEDDING, NEIGHBOR ARRESTED
An Oregon nurse who vanished days after she returned home from her Hawaii wedding was found dead Saturday following a three-day search as police accused her 27-year-old neighbor of murder. (Beaverton Police Department)
It is still not known if Jubane and Schubert knew each other.
Officials said Schubert is charged with second-degree murder, first-degree kidnapping and second-degree abuse of a corpse.
On Monday, KGW8 reported that Schubert failed to appear in Washington County Circuit Court for the civil case. Due to his absence, a judge sided with his landlord by default.
Prosecutors in Washington County intend on seeking a jury trial. In mid-September, KGW8 reported that a grand jury had heard from 17 witnesses before deciding that there was enough evidence to indict Schubert. A trial date has not yet been released.
Schubert is currently being held without bail at the Washington County jail due to the murder charge.
Fox News Digital reached out to the Washington County Prosecutors Office and Sentinel Real Estate Corporation, but did not immediately receive a response.
Read the full article from Here
Nevada
Fatal crash on US-95 in Nye County
LAS VEGAS (FOX5) — One woman is dead following a head-on collision on US-95 Sunday afternoon.
Nevada Highway Patrol responded to a report of a crash at 4:41 p.m. at mile marker 105, approximately 45 miles north of Beatty. The crash involved two sport utility vehicles.
One adult female driver was confirmed dead at the scene. The other driver was transported to a local area hospital with injuries.
MORE ON FOX5: Report: Nevada traffic deaths down 33% for April
No road closures are in effect. Investigations are being conducted on the southbound shoulder area.
Nevada Highway Patrol, a division of the Nevada State Police, is asking motorists to slow down and use caution in the area as troopers and investigators work at the scene.
Further information will be provided following the preliminary investigation.
Copyright 2026 KVVU. All rights reserved.
New Mexico
New York Giants UDFA Scouting Report: RB Damon Bankston, New Mexico
Damon Bankston, RB
Height: 5’ 10 ⅜”
Weight: 196 lbs
Class: Fifth-year Senior
School: New Mexico
Hands: 9 ½”
Arm Length: 30 ⅞”
Wingspan: 72 ⅝”
40-Yard Dash: 4.44 seconds
Bench Press: 21 reps
Vertical: 33”
Broad Jump: 10’ 3”
20-Yard Shuttle: 4.32 seconds
3-Cone: 6.89 seconds
STATS
Damon Bankston was an unranked running back recruit from Katy Paetow in Katy, Texas, who enrolled at Weber State, an FCS school in Ogden, Utah.
Bankston would stay at Weber State from 2021 to 2024 before transferring to New Mexico for his final season of college football in 2025.
As a redshirt senior, Bankston would rack up 635 rushing yards, 397 receiving yards, and 8 scrimmage touchdowns, as well as another 434 kick return yards and two touchdowns on just 12 returns.
Strengths
- Explosive athlete with elite acceleration
- Soft, natural hands as a pass-catcher out of the backfield
- Solid vision when operating in zone run schemes
- Usually a patient runner before accelerating through gaps
- Plays very quick as a runner with a bit of a choppy style
- Eliminates tackle angles with acceleration
- Can make defenders miss in space with a solid juke move
- Kick return specialist with two return touchdowns in 2025
- Willing as a pass protector in the backfield
Weaknesses
- Likely won’t be able to survive through contact often against NFL-caliber defenders
- Questionable ability to run between the tackles at the next level
- Not necessarily a weakness but only one year of FBS film, not sure how he’ll adapt to NFL game speed
- Questionable size to succeed in pass protection
- Ball security was an issue for him in 2025, including two fumbles in one game against Colorado State
- Play strength is a concern with contact balance, ball security, pass protection, and the ability to be an all-around back
Summary
Bankston will at best be a change-of-pace back in the NFL who never handles a significant workload.
Carving out a role as a return specialist should be the goal for Bankston to make the roster in 2026, which will also be a tall task for him to solidify with Deonte Banks back for the Giants in 2026.
Bankston, who at this point is probably more of a practice squad candidate, can definitely provide some juice on special teams as a kickoff returner. In college he averaged 36.2 yards per return and had two returns for touchdown, showing some explosiveness.
The step up in competition from the FCS to FBS for Bankston caused him to be less consistent with creating yards after contact and making defenders miss.
It’s fair to estimate that with another step up in competition, Bankston could once again see a decrease in that ability to create.
Sign up for our free newsletter and follow us on Facebook and X for the latest news, and send your mailbag questions to us.
Follow
Oregon
Career criminal creep with 166 arrests, 55 convictions since 1999 sentenced to life in prison
An Oregon creep with a record-setting rap sheet cataloguing a staggering 166 arrests dating back to his teens was finally sentenced to life in prison on Friday.
Joshua Cory Nealy, 41, was slapped with the hefty life sentence without possibility for parole for a January 2023 arrest where he flashed a female clothing store employee and a security officer, according to a news release from the Washington County District Attorney’s Office.
The misdemeanor charge, which would usually land first-time offenders behind bars for just one year, did him in after a whopping 55 prior convictions, including seven felony charges.
Nealy was already on parole when he strolled into the Washington Square Mall in Portland and started schmoozing with a skeptical clothing store clerk.
The repeat offender sifted aimlessly through the store and collected a random assortment of clothes. He asked the female clerk for assistance while he was nude in the store’s changing room — then “opened the door fully and exposed himself to her,” the release said.
Nealy invited the woman to have sex and attempted to cajole her into the dressing room. The victim quickly flagged down a security officer, who Nealy also flashed before fleeing the store with a stolen pair of sunglasses.
Officers with the Tigard Police Department — located one town over from the mall — nabbed the registered sex offender that same day.
Before Washington County Circuit Judge Theodore Sims remanded Nealy to life in prison on Friday, his attorneys tried to argue that the repeat offender had a “compromised mental state.”
The lawyers cited a police report from Nealy’s 2007 attempted rape conviction that described how he “was using ‘crank’,” the street term for meth, “had been awake for two days and expressed his belief that his mother was the Queen of Southern England,” as reported by Oregon Live.

They also noted the defense’s sentencing memo for his first public indecency conviction, where he was apparently talking gibberish during the ordeal.
Then, the lawyers alleged that Nealy was “under the influence” during the incident at the Portland mall.
Despite their efforts, Nealy was handed the life sentence in accordance with a state statute that requires the imposition for defendants who have two prior felony sex crime convictions.
Court records obtained by Oregon Live show that Nealy still has two outstanding cases for assault and attempted assault in Washington County.
Nealy, whose criminal record dates back to when he was just 14 years old, was previously charged with attempted rape, robbery, various assaults, failure to report as a sex offender and more.
-
Nebraska2 minutes agoThe Nine Biggest Reasons Nebraska Football Has Been Mired in Mediocrity the Last 10 Years
-
Nevada8 minutes agoFatal crash on US-95 in Nye County
-
New Hampshire14 minutes agoWrong-way driver hits state trooper’s cruiser head-on in New Hampshire
-
New Jersey20 minutes agoBest Sports Business Cities: No. 21 Northern New Jersey
-
New Mexico26 minutes agoNew York Giants UDFA Scouting Report: RB Damon Bankston, New Mexico
-
North Carolina32 minutes agoEvaluating North Carolina’s 2026 Ceiling and Floor in ACC
-
North Dakota38 minutes agoFamilies celebrate Norwegian Constitution Day at North Dakota Heritage Center
-
Ohio44 minutes agoSt. Peter’s student places third in Ohio coloring contest