Connect with us

Rhode Island

GoLocalProv | News | NEW: RI Woman Previously Arrested 100 Times Charged in Death of Pedestrian

Published

on

GoLocalProv | News | NEW: RI Woman Previously Arrested 100 Times Charged in Death of Pedestrian


Saturday, December 06, 2025

 

View Larger +

Advertisement

PHOTOS: Hopkinton Police

Hopkinton Police announced on Saturday that it responded to a one-car motor vehicle accident in the area of 42 Spring Street (Route 138), Hope Valley. When Officers arrived on the scene, they discovered that a pedestrian walking his dogs had been struck by the vehicle.

 

The woman charged in the incident had previously been arrested 100 times.

Advertisement

GET THE LATEST BREAKING NEWS HERE — SIGN UP FOR GOLOCAL FREE DAILY EBLAST

 

Police said in a statement, “At this time, it is believed that the motor vehicle, driven by 41-year-old Shannon N. Godbout of 332 Canonchet Road, Apt. 203 was traveling eastbound on Spring Street when she left her lane and struck several objects, including two telephone poles and a pedestrian walking his dogs on the shoulder of the eastbound Lane.

 

The pedestrian victim has been identified as 70-year-old Roderick Macleod, who resided at 12B Pleasant Street, Richmond, Rhode Island. Macleod was transported to Rhode Island Hospital by Hope Valley Ambulance.

Advertisement

 

Macleod died from his injuries.

 

“At the scene of the accident, Officers discovered that Shannon N. Godbout was in possession of numerous illegal narcotics and packaging materials commonly associated with drug distribution. She was placed under arrest at the scene and subsequently transported to Westerly Hospital for medical evaluations by Ashaway Ambulance.

This accident is currently under investigation with assistance from the Rhode Island State Police Accident Reconstruction Team,” said the Police.

Advertisement

 

Shannon N. Godbout is facing preliminary charges for the following criminal offenses:

– Driving to endanger, resulting in death

– Possession of narcotics, Schedule I/II with intent to distribute, 3rd plus offense

 

Advertisement

Shannon N. Godbout will be scheduled to appear before a Justice of the Peace and presented to the Rhode Island Attorney General’s Office as a criminal violator for past charges for which she is currently on suspended sentences/probation.

 

The investigation is ongoing, and additional charges may be brought against Godbout as further evidence is gathered.

 

100 Arrests

Advertisement

Hopkinton Police cite:

 

– Godbout’s criminal history includes over 100 arrests, with 8 of them from the Hopkinton Police Department.

 

– 82 court warrants have been issued for Godbout previously.

Advertisement

 

– Godbout has received 40 traffic citations, with 7 of them issued by Hopkinton Police.

 

  • New York Man Arrested With Nearly 50 Pounds of Marijuana on Rt 95 in Hopkinton
  • RI DEM Announces Protection of 30 Acres of Forestland in Hopkinton
  • Hopkinton Welcome Center on I-95 Cancelled
  • #13 Hopkinton: RI’s Best Communities 2013
  • Nature Conservancy Adds to Protected Land in Hopkinton
  • Hopkinton #6: RI’s Best Communities 2012
  • RI DEM to Protect 58 Acres of Hopkinton Forestland for Recreational Use
  • Nancy A. (Arruda) Heinold, of Hopkinton, Passes at 85
  • Thomas Lee Andrews, of Hopkinton, Dies at 56
  • John E Ruggieri of Hopkinton Dies at 84
  • Donald P. Allaire, of Hopkinton, Dies at 77
  • Navy Veteran, James B. Case, of Hopkinton, Passes at 86
  • Daniel & Theresa Pelletier, of Hopkinton, Die Together in House Fire
  • William L. Stamp, Jr., of Hopkinton Dies at 68

 

Enjoy this post? Share it with others.

Advertisement





Source link

Rhode Island

Rhode Island 18-year-old arrested in beach stabbing as hundreds of teens packed area

Published

on

Rhode Island 18-year-old arrested in beach stabbing as hundreds of teens packed area


A Rhode Island teenager who was out on bail for a gun charge was charged Friday in connection with the stabbing of three people as hundreds of teens crowded the beach

Willy Medina, 18, was identified as a suspect in the stabbing that broke out at Narragansett Town Beach just after 3 p.m. Tuesday, according to the Narragansett Police Department.

Medina is accused of slashing three beachgoers as the rowdy crowd went into a frenzy, according to video obtained by WJAR.

The three victims were hospitalized with minor stab wounds.

Advertisement
Willy Medina, 18, a resident of Pawtucket, was taken into custody by the Rhode Island State Police on May 22, 2026.

The Rhode Island State Police Violent Fugitive Task Force arrested Medina in his hometown of Pawtucket and charged him on one count of felony assault, Chief Kyle Rekas said.

Medina was arraigned Friday in the 4th District Court and held on a bail violator. He was also ordered to have no contact with minors, WPRI reported.

Officials did not release a motive in the stabbing, as the investigation is ongoing.

Medina was out on bail at the time for a shooting in Pawtucket back in April.

Police allege Medina and another 18-year-old were part of a larger crowd when a disturbance broke out and a gunshot was fired off, striking a parked car, according to WJAR.

Advertisement
Police search the Narragansett Town Beach after a stabbing on May 19, 2026. WPRI/YouTube

Medina was charged with carrying a pistol without a license, firing in a compact area, vandalism and disorderly conduct.

In the aftermath of Tuesday’s stabbings, Narragansett Police arrested two men in the public beach’s parking lot on charges of simple assault, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and obstruction of justice.

Hours before the stabbing, 20 miles away in Middletown, RI, approximately 1,200 teens overran Second Beach on the Sachuest Bay, the Middletown police said.

Several people between the ages of 17 and 19 were arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and obstructing an officer.

Ronan Pinkham, an 18-year-old from Massachusetts, was arrested after he allegedly struck a Newport police officer with his car in the parking lot as he attempted to flee.

Advertisement
A fight broke out as hundreds of teens swarmed the Narragansett Town Beach in Rhode Island, on May 19, 2026. NBC 10 WJAR/YouTube

Pinkman admitted to driving under the influence before he was arrested and charged with felony assault and DUI.

Illegal teen takeovers have plagued popular shopping centers and beaches in several states in the weeks leading up to Memorial Day Weekend.

Several hundred teens and young adults illegally took over a popular boardwalk in Long Branch, New Jersey, on Tuesday, leading to several arrests of out-of-towners.

Police in Delaware arrested four Delaware State University students for leading a booze-fueled takeover of Rehoboth Beach that prompted a heavy police presence in the popular Atlantic town.

Xander Nicholl, 19, Angelin Clauvil, 21, Eric Barnett, 21, and 22-year-old Keyon Scott are all facing charges relating to facilitating a riot, as well as conspiracy in the second degree.

Advertisement



Source link

Continue Reading

Rhode Island

Remains identified as World War II pilot from Rhode Island

Published

on

Remains identified as World War II pilot from Rhode Island


The Defense of POW/MIA Accounting Agency announced on Friday that a U.S. Army Air Force pilot from Rhode Island killed in World War II was located.

The agency said 2nd Lt. Robert J. Barrat, 20, of Woonsocket, was accounted for on April 30.

According to the organization, Barrat piloted a B-17G “Flying Fortress” bomber in 1945.

On Feb. 9,1945, witnesses reported seeing his aircraft collide with another aircraft during a bombing mission to Lutzkendorf, Germany.

Advertisement

The aircraft was then seen hitting the ground, killing eight of the 9 crew members onboard.

After the end of World War II, the American Graves Registrations Command began working to recover missing American personnel in Europe.

In 1947, members recovered eight sets of remains from marked burials in the Eisenberg Civilian Cemetery.

The remains were transferred to the Central Processing Point at Neuville-en-Condroz, Belgium for analysis.

Members identified two sets of remains. The remaining six were identified as the collective remains of Barrat and five of his crew members.

Advertisement

The remains were then buried at the Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery in St. Louis, Missouri.

In Oct. 1991, a German citizen reported finding the crash site and recovered debris from the aircraft, including two inscribed rings.

The debris was turned over to the U.S. Army Memorial Affairs Activity Europe in Landstuhl, Germany and then to the Central Identification Laboratory in Hawaii.

In 2024, the remains were re-examined for further analysis.

Scientists said they used anthropological analysis and mitochondrial DNA analysis to identify Barrat’s remains.

Advertisement

According to the University of Rhode Island, he attended Rhode Island State College (RISC) in Sept. 1941 with the class of 1945.

Barrat left college during his second year and enlisted in the U.S. Army Air Force in Nov. 1942.

He was posthumously cited for Gallantry in Action and Bravery and awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross.

Barrat will be buried at Arlington National Cemetery in Alexandria, Virginia, on May 27.



Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Rhode Island

17-year-old sent to hospital after pedestrian crash in Woonsocket

Published

on

17-year-old sent to hospital after pedestrian crash in Woonsocket


The Woonsocket Police Department said a 17-year-old was sent to the hospital after a pedestrian crash on Park Avenue.

The department said the juvenile’s injuries were non-life-threatening.

Comment with Bubbles

BE THE FIRST TO COMMENT

Advertisement

The vehicle involved in the crash fled the scene but was later located and brought to the department for processing, and an individual was being detained.



Source link

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending