Northeast
Four illegal immigrants linked to MS-13 indicted for allegedly murdering 14-year-old boy in Maryland park
NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Four illegal migrants, who are members of the notorious MS-13 gang, have been indicted after they allegedly brutally murdered a 14-year-old boy in a Maryland park.
Jose Merlos-Majano, 18, Alan Josai Garcia-Padilla, 21, William Cuellar Gutierrez, 19, and a 17-year-old were indicted on charges, including first-degree murder, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony, and participation in a criminal organization, according to Prince George’s County State’s Attorney Tara Jackson.
All four indicted are MS-13 gang members and illegal immigrants, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) confirmed.
SCHUMER, DEMS HOLD FIRM ON DHS FUNDING DESPITE NOEM’S BOMBSHELL OUSTING
MS-13 gang members Jose Merlos-Majano, Alan Garcia-Padilla, William Gutierrez and a 17-year-old are indicted on murder charges for allegedly killing 14-year-old Jefferson Amaya-Ayala. (Prince George’s County Police Department)
Jefferson Amaya-Ayala, 14, of Washington, D.C., was reported missing on Aug. 2, 2025. Nearly three months later, on Nov. 3, Prince George’s County police announced that officers had recovered “what appeared to be possible human remains” in a park in Prince George’s County.
The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (OCME) later identified the remains as Amaya-Ayala and determined he died from “multiple injuries,” ruling the death a homicide.
Through their investigation, detectives identified the four suspects in the alleged homicide. Authorities said that their preliminary investigation found that Amaya-Ayala “was lured” to the park and murdered on Aug. 2.
GET BREAKING NEWS BY EMAIL
Police said that the teen “knew at least one of the four suspects,” adding that the murder appears gang-related. However, the motive remains under investigation.
GOT A TIP?
Police say that Jefferson Amaya-Ayala was allegedly lured to a Maryland park where he was brutally murdered in August. (Department of Homeland Security)
CLICK HERE FOR MORE US NEWS
DHS identified Merlos-Majano as a Salvadoran national, who authorities allege is affiliated with MS-13. DHS said he was previously arrested in Washington, D.C., on charges including defacing public property and possession of a prohibited weapon after allegedly spray-painting MS-13 gang symbols on homes.
DHS said Garcia-Padilla, 21, also a Salvadoran national alleged to be an MS-13 member, was previously convicted in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia of attempted unlawful possession of ammunition. He was also found in possession of fraudulent documents, including a lawful permanent resident card and a Social Security card, according to DHS. The agency said Garcia-Padilla was released from custody during the Biden administration.
The U.S. southern border near El Paso, Texas. (Fox News Photo/Joshua Comins)
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
Cuellar Gutierrez was also identified by DHS as a Salvadoran national and alleged MS-13 member. He was previously arrested by the Metropolitan Police Department of the District of Columbia on multiple weapons-related charges, including possession of a large-capacity ammunition feeding device, possession of an unregistered firearm, carrying a pistol without a license, carrying a pistol without a license in a gun-free zone, and possession of unregistered ammunition.
DHS said he was released from custody during the Biden administration.
A fourth suspect, a 17-year-old, has also been charged.
FOLLOW US ON X
Read the full article from Here
Boston, MA
Second suspect charged in armed bank robberies in Boston
A West Yarmouth, Massachusetts man has been charged in connection with a pair of armed bank robberies in Boston last month.
Federal prosecutors say 25-year-old Angel Gonzalez brandished a firearm during the robberies at a Santander Bank branch in Roxbury and a TD Bank branch in Roslindale on April 28. His alleged accomplice, Steven Harris, was charged with armed bank robbery earlier this month and remains in federal custody.
During the first robbery in Roxbury, Gonzalez allegedly dragged an employee from her office to the teller window, held her at gunpoint and threatened shoot her.
Less than two hours later, Gonzalez and Harris allegedly robbed the TD Bank in Roslindale. Prosecutors say Harris moved multiple employees from their offices to the main area of the bank, while Gonzalez threatened to shoot them if they did not comply. Gonzales then allegedly took $3,000 from a teller drawer before they left in a getaway vehicle.
Radek Weirdeowski was inside the Roslindale bank at the time of the robbery, and told WBZ-TV it happened so quickly. “While one guy was at the teller with the gun, the other guy was kind of rounding everyone else up,” he said. “And I thought we would all get robbed as well. But fortunately, they just took the bank’s money and took off.”
Gonzalez is charged with armed bank robbery and is currently in state custody in connection with unrelated offenses. He will make his initial appearance in federal court at a later date.
Pittsburg, PA
An AI-powered app can tell you how much your gold jewelry is worth. How accurate is it?
Connecticut
Connecticut State Police respond to NAACP request for more information on 17-year-old boy’s death
WALLINGFORD, Conn. (WTNH) — Connecticut State Police responded to a request from the state NAACP on Friday to provide more information on the death of a 17-year-old boy who allegedly fled the scene of a crash involving a stolen car.
The NAACP held a news conference Friday morning, announcing that they are opening their own investigation into Khasir Jennette’s death.
His body was found in the woods by a dogwalker in Wallingford on Feb. 21, around 9:15 a.m., three weeks after a stolen Acura he was in crashed on Route 15 North in Wallingford.
The NAACP said they want more answers on how investigators searched for the teen after he was reported missing.
At the time of the crash on Feb. 1, around 9:48 p.m., police said there were about 12 to 16 inches of snow on the ground. K-9 units were called to track the area of the Quinnipiac River near the abandoned car around 10:30 p.m., which did not yield any results.
Police received another call at 1:34 a.m. from Jennette’s mother, stating that he was involved in the crash on Route 15 and was in the woods with his friends freezing. She had not seen him since Jan. 31 and provided a description of what he could have been wearing. She also said another mother had called her to say her son was in the woods, as well.
State police released a detailed summary in response, listing the resources deployed in searching for Jennette after he went missing, which included opening a missing persons investigation, distributing the information to social media, and issuing a Silver Alert.
Connecticut State Police stated that many resources were deployed on Sunday night, going into Monday morning, when they found tracks leading through “extreme conditions,” including frozen waterways, embankments, wooden unlighted terrain, brush, sticks and prickers, and into the Amazon property campus locations with solar farms.
State police also said that the Quinnipiac River was not fully frozen and had water flowing under breakable ice. The overnight temperature on the night of Sunday, Feb. 1, was -3 degrees.
Police said they used the following while attempting to locate the boy:
- CSP air 1 unit
- CSP drone unit
- CSP search and rescue K-9 units
- CSP Troop I K09 units
- CSP Troop I patrol units
- Troop G K-9 Units
- Troop G patrol units
- CSP Troop H patrol units
- CSP troop H K-9 units (patrol and bloodhound K-9)
- EMS services
- Wallingford Fire Department thermal imaging
- Wallingford Police Department patrol units
- CSP Central District Major Crimes
- CSP Intelligence and Operations Unit
- CSP Collision, Analysis and Reconstruction Squad
An arrest warrant shows that Jennette was one of the three people in the stolen car at the time of the crash, and that police have arrested at least one person, Khalil Marquis Council, in connection with the theft.
Jennette’s mother stated that she had texted him the day of the crash around 9:30 a.m., which he read but did not reply to. She said that his phone did not have cell service and connected to WiFi when it was available.
State police additionally clarified that a press release was not sent out upon the discovery of Jennette’s body, as “it is standard operating procedure that press releases are not completed
by police departments following unattended death investigations.”
-
Detroit, MI24 minutes agoMichigan man dies months after alleged attack by DoorDash driver
-
San Francisco, CA36 minutes ago20 women sue SF sheriff after alleged mass strip search ‘for training’
-
Dallas, TX42 minutes agoFriends are rallying for Ruby Gonzalez’s family after the crash
-
Miami, FL48 minutes agoMiami Heat’s Bam Adebayo wins NBA’s Social Justice Champion award for his work helping underserved communities
-
Boston, MA54 minutes agoSecond suspect charged in armed bank robberies in Boston
-
Denver, CO60 minutes agoFamily identifies teenage victim of deadly shooting at recreation center in Denver
-
Seattle, WA1 hour agoSeattle Social Housing Developer buys $60M apartment building
-
San Diego, CA1 hour agoPhotos: Graduates of the University of San Diego