Connect with us

Minneapolis, MN

Prince’s legacy still shines in downtown Minneapolis 10 years after his death

Published

on

Prince’s legacy still shines in downtown Minneapolis 10 years after his death


By submitting, you consent that you are at least 18 years of age and to receive information about MPR’s or APMG entities’ programs and offerings. The personally identifying information you provide will not be sold, shared, or used for purposes other than to communicate with you about MPR, APMG entities, and its sponsors. You may opt-out at any time clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email communication. View our Privacy Policy.



Source link

Minneapolis, MN

Man dies days after being injured in attempted Minneapolis carjacking

Published

on

Man dies days after being injured in attempted Minneapolis carjacking


A 38-year-old man seriously injured in an attempted auto theft in Minneapolis on Friday has died.

Minneapolis police say the assault happened when the victim saw two people trying to steal his car around 1:35 p.m. on the 5400 block of 43rd Avenue South and confronted them.

After being confronted, the suspects abandoned the car they were trying to steal and ran to the car they had arrived in, police said. As the suspects tried to get away, the victim was either hit by the car or jumped onto the hood.

The suspects were driving erratically, Minneapolis police said, causing the victim to be thrown from the hood of the car and seriously injure his head.

Advertisement

On Sunday, police say the man died from his injuries.

There have been no arrests at this time.

“This is a tragic event that has devastated a family and shocked the community,” said Minneapolis Police Chief Brian O’Hara. “The reckless disregard for the value of human life shown in this case is horrifying, and those responsible should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.”



Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Minneapolis, MN

Stabbing at Minneapolis Fine Line leaves man hospitalized: MPD

Published

on

Stabbing at Minneapolis Fine Line leaves man hospitalized: MPD


A man was stabbed at the Fine Line music venue on Sunday night, according to Minneapolis police.

Investigators say that an altercation inside the Fine Line led to the stabbing but no arrests have been made.

The victim was hospitalized with potentially life-threatening injuries, according to police.

Hip Hop artist, Babyfxce E, was performing at the Fine Line at the time of the incident.

Advertisement



Source link

Continue Reading

Minneapolis, MN

Women were arguing over $50 debt before fatal Minneapolis apartment shooting, charges say

Published

on

Women were arguing over  debt before fatal Minneapolis apartment shooting, charges say



Charges say two women had been arguing over $50 when one of them fatally shot the other at a Minneapolis apartment earlier this month.

Advertisement

A 42-year-old Minneapolis woman was charged with second-degree murder for the May 9 shooting, according to the criminal complaint filed in Hennepin County on Friday.

Police were called to an apartment building located on the 2400 block of Pillsbury Avenue South, where they found a woman who had been shot. She later died at the hospital.

Officers spoke to a witness who rented the apartment where the shooting took place. He told police the victim and suspect had been over, along with an unknown man. The two women were allegedly arguing over $50.

The witness said that while he was in the bathroom, he heard the unknown man say “what are you doing?” before shots were fired, according to the complaint. He claims he saw the suspect with a gun earlier that day.

Both the suspect and the unknown man left the apartment before police arrived. Officers obtained survelliance video, which charges say showed a woman matching the suspect’s appearance leaving the apartment in a hurry shortly after the shooting.

Advertisement

Investigators found and interviewed the unknown man, who said the suspect and victim had been arguing over a debt when the suspect went into the bedroom and returned with a pistol. He says he told the suspect to stop, but she fired multiple shots at the victim anyway. He added that the suspect threatened him as they left the building, and he got away from her as soon as he could, according to charges.

The suspect originally denied any knowledge of the shooting, but eventually admitted to being at the apartment where it took place after being confronted with survelliance video images. She denied being involved in the shooting itself.

The suspect is currently in custody. Her bail has been set at $1 million.



Source link

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending