Southwest
Murdered Arizona woman leaves behind 2 small children as husband heads to prison for murder
Family and friends of Arizona mother Kelly Paduchowski are speaking out after her husband admitted to her murder following a weeks-long search for her.
“Dear Friends, I’ve not been active on Facebook for many years, but I’m here now so that people who knew my twin sister Kelly Paduchowski when she was young may know of her passing and the profound effect it has had on me and our family. And the whole city of Flagstaff,” Kelly’s twin sister, Lindsey McFall, wrote in a post.
“To everyone who has sent me your love and support: I feel it, I need it, and I deeply appreciate it. Thank you.”
According to a GoFundMe page, Kelly leaves behind two young children, 7 and 9.
ARIZONA MISSING WOMAN’S HUSBAND CONFESSES TO HER MURDER DAYS AFTER DISAPPEARANCE
Daniel Paduchowski reported wife Kelly missing in the Flagstaff area last week, but days later confessed to police and pleaded guilty to killing her, officials said Friday. (Lindsey McFall via Facebook)
The funds will go toward her children’s child care costs and education expenses, according to the donation page.
“The community has come together, and we want to thank everyone who was involved in searching for Kelly when she was assumed missing and all who have shown and expressed their support and love for Kelly and her family,” the post continued.
Daniel Paduchowski, 58, Kelly’s husband, told police June 30 his wife, Kelly, 45, never returned from a run and a swim in what the Flagstaff Police Department said in a press conference Friday was an “attempt to misdirect police resources.”
He was arrested Monday for aggravated assault, and his wife’s remains were found Friday morning following a nearly week-long search effort.
MISSING ARIZONA WOMAN’S BODY FOUND DAYS AFTER HUSBAND ARRESTED
Daniel Paduchowski confessed to police that he murdered his wife, Kelly, in Flagstaff, Ariz. She leaves behind two young children. (GoFundMe/Kelly Paduchowski)
“Daniel Paduchowski pleaded guilty to second-degree murder, tampering with evidence, concealment of a dead body and possession of dangerous drugs,” Michael Tunink, senior criminal attorney at the Coconino County Sheriff’s Office, said Friday.
Tunink said the plea deal requires Paduchowski to serve a 16-year prison term in Arizona, “which is the presumptive sentence for second-degree murder under Arizona law,” adding that he won’t be eligible for early release “of any kind.”
“As part of that agreement, the defendant provided information leading us to Kelly Paduchowski, the deceased victim,” including her phone, keys and the murder weapon, Tunink said.
‘HOW TO MURDER YOUR HUSBAND’ WRITER, WHO KILLED HER OWN SPOUSE, ATTEMPTED TO GET AWAY WITH ‘THE PERFECT CRIME’
Daniel and Kelly Paduchowski (Coconino County Sheriff’s Office/Flagstaff Police Department)
Friends and former colleagues of Kelly took to social media, all in shock at her violent death.
“My last meaningful conversation with Kelly was a week ago, Thursday. I told her I’d bring her my homemade laundry detergent for her to try. It’s still in my car,” Robin Cook, a friend and colleague of Kelly, wrote in a post.
“I knew Kelly from Sambatuque and her solar company. I live on the southern end of the same street…So many people in town are concerned about you (Lindsay McFall), her kids, and all of the family. It’s been a community trauma,” Bonnie Feather, a neighbor of Kelly and Daniel, wrote.
“This is obviously a monumental tragedy for Kelly’s family and her loved ones,” Tunink said during a press conference Friday. “We’ve been in close communication with Kelly’s family throughout this process about this resolution, which we pursued to bring finality in a situation that has weighed heavily on this community.”
The Coconino County District Attorney’s Office told Fox News Digital that no further information is available at this time because the investigation is ongoing.
Fox News Digital’s Brie Stimson contributed to this report.
Read the full article from Here
Los Angeles, Ca
Long Beach to hold new pride festival after previous one canceled
Long Beach will hold a pride festival this weekend after the one they originally had scheduled was canceled.
Long Beach city officials said the celebration was nixed after the nonprofit that organizes it, Long Beach Pride, failed to submit the required information for an event permit.
It was supposed to start on Friday and last through Sunday.
“Despite continued collaboration and multiple deadline notices, the City did not receive the required documentation needed to complete safety reviews, inspect critical event infrastructure, such as the stage, electrical systems and tent, and emergency exiting plans to ensure compliance with public safety standards,” the city of Long Beach said in a statement. “With event programming scheduled to begin on May 15 at 5 p.m. with Teen Pride and essential information still outstanding, there is no longer sufficient time to safely permit the festival this year.”
Officials noted that they were working to see if a “shortened event” could be held this weekend, and indeed, an agreement was reached to stage a one-day gathering on Sunday.
Billed as “Canceled? Never Heard of Her!” and emceed by comedian and drag queen Jewels, it will still bring the city’s LGBTQ community together after Sunday morning’s Long Beach Pride Parade, which was not canceled.
“Long Beach Pride weekend is a culmination of celebrations put on by our community, including our many vibrant restaurants, bars and businesses, and that will never change,” Long Beach Mayor Rex Richardson said in a press release issued late Saturday night. “Along with the Pride Parade, we are proud to join the party with this new event that reaffirms what this City has always stood for: that every person belongs here.”
“The festival may have been canceled, but Long Beach drag artists don’t cancel joy,” added Jewels Long Beach.
The one-day “Canceled? Never Heard of Her!” festival will take place at Bixby Park from noon to 7 p.m. Sunday. A free event, it will include music by several performers and a drag show.
More information can be found here.
Los Angeles, Ca
L.A. Jewish institution among targets of foiled terrorist attack, U.S. officials say
A Jewish institution in Los Angeles was among the locations targeted in a recently foiled terrorism plot, U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York Jay Clayton announced this week.
The thwarted terrorist attacks were the result of the recent arrest of Mohammad Baqer Saad Dawood Al-Saadi, an Iraqi national and senior member of Kata’ib Hizballah, U.S. officials said.
“Mohammad Baqer Saad Dawood Al-Saadi, a commander for the terrorist organization, Kata’ib Hizballah, faces serious charges for his role in numerous attacks against U.S. interests across the globe, including his efforts to kill on U.S. soil,” Clayton said. “As alleged, for years, Al-Saadi committed himself to furthering the terrorist goals of Kata’ib Hizballah and the IRGC, two terrorist organizations dedicated to harming the United States and its allies.”
Al-Saadi recently attempted to carry out attacks in the U.S., officials said, including attacks at Jewish cultural places of interest in New York, Los Angeles and Scottsdale, Ariz.
“Al-Saadi attempted to disrupt American society through intimidation and violence,” a press release from the U.S. Attorney’s Office reads. “… Those who engage in or support terrorism against Americans and on U.S. soil should take note: the whole of the federal government is committed to dismantling terrorist organizations and bringing their members to justice.”
In a three-month period, Al-Saadi allegedly directed 18 terrorist attacks throughout Europe, including bombings, arson, and assaults targeting American citizens and points of interest. Prior to his arrest, national security officials say he was planning similar attacks on U.S. soil. Assistant Attorney General for National Security John A. Eisenberg said that Al-Saadi “presented a serious threat to our national security.”
The European attacks included the bombing of the Bank of New York Mellon, an American bank, in Amsterdam on March 15. On April 29, two Jewish men, one of whom was a dual U.S.-British citizen, were stabbed and seriously injured in London.
In 2020, Al-Saadi took to social media, calling for others to attack and kill Americans in retribution for the deaths of Iranian military officer Qasem Soleimani and Iraqi military commander Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, U.S. officials said. In more recent months, Al-Saadi allegedly used social media to encourage the killing of Americans and Jews to further the terrorist goals of Kata’ib Hizballah and the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.
“In or about February 2026, for example, AL-SAADI posted on one of his social media accounts a message in Arabic, which read in part, ‘Do not abandon the blood of your Imam of the time, oh Shiites of Iraq. Kill everyone who supports America and Israel. Do not leave any of them remaining. Civil and military targets, as well as voices of discord, kill them everywhere.’” U.S. officials said.
NYPD Commissioner Jessica S. Tisch confirmed that one of the U.S. targets was a Manhattan synagogue. On April 3, Al-Saadi allegedly spoke to an undercover law enforcement officer whom Al-Saadi believed could carry out attacks in the U.S. That same day, Al-Saadi allegedly texted the undercover officers photographs and maps showing the exact location of a prominent Jewish synagogue in New York City.
Officials have not said what specific locations in L.A. and Arizona were targeted by the terrorist group.
Al-Saadi now faces numerous charges for these crimes in U.S. court. If convicted, he could be sentenced to life in prison.
The case is under investigation by the FBI’s New York Joint Terrorism Task Force, which is comprised of investigators and analysts from the FBI, the NYPD, the FBI Washington Field Office, Counterterrorism Division, and more than 50 other federal, state, and local agencies. Investigators also received help from the Department of Justice’s National Security Division, Counterterrorism Section, the Office of International Affairs of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division, and U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
Los Angeles, Ca
L.A. police shoot knife-wielding man during response to assault call
A man armed with a knife was shot by L.A. police officers responding to an assault with a deadly weapon call overnight, authorities said.
According to the Los Angeles Police Department, officers with the Hollenbeck Division responded to an apartment complex in the 3000 block of Glenn Avenue in Boyle Heights at 1:45 a.m. Saturday after callers reported a male suspect was armed with a knife and had just assaulted someone in the complex.
Arriving officers found the suspect in front of the residence, but he did not comply with officers’ commands to drop the weapon. He then advanced toward the officers and an officer-involved shooting occurred, LAPD confirmed.
“The suspect was struck by gunfire and remained non-compliant,” the LAPD Public Information Officer said on X early Saturday morning. “Officers deployed a 40mm foam round and ultimately took the suspect into custody.”
Video obtained by KTLA shows the man being loaded into an ambulance and taken to a hospital; officials said he was transported in stable condition, adding that his knife was recovered at the scene and booked as evidence.
No officers or community members were injured during the incident. The man’s name was not released.
-
Colorado49 seconds agoColorado wildfires: Evacuations ordered for 13,000-acre wildfire burning on Colorado-Oklahoma border
-
Connecticut7 minutes ago22-year-old man dies after crash on I-84 in Middlebury
-
Delaware13 minutes ago38-year-old motorcyclist killed in Wilmington crash, police say
-
Florida19 minutes ago
No. 5 Arkansas Clinches Super Regional Berth by Run-Ruling South Florida, 10-2
-
Georgia25 minutes agoGeorgia primary election: Voters head to polls Tuesday
-
Hawaii31 minutes agoPedestrian hospitalized after crash on Kapiolani Boulevard
-
Idaho37 minutes agoCold nights, gusty winds and a freeze threat ahead before eastern Idaho heats back up – East Idaho News
-
Illinois43 minutes agoFire sweeps through old Balmoral Park racetrack facilities in Crete, Illinois