Connect with us

Southwest

Kari Lake shreds VP Harris' 'despicable' southern border visit: Just to make the 'mainstream media happy'

Published

on

Kari Lake shreds VP Harris' 'despicable' southern border visit: Just to make the 'mainstream media happy'

Join Fox News for access to this content

Plus special access to select articles and other premium content with your account – free of charge.

By entering your email and pushing continue, you are agreeing to Fox News’ Terms of Use and Privacy Policy, which includes our Notice of Financial Incentive.

Please enter a valid email address.

Having trouble? Click here.

Vice President Kamala Harris’ recent border visit came under fire from a list of critics, and Arizona Senate candidate Kari Lake has added herself to that list.

“I find it despicable,” the Trump ally told Fox News’ Maria Bartiromo on Sunday.

Advertisement

“She spent 20 minutes on the border. She’s been the border czar for almost four years now, and she came down, I think, to make her friends in the mainstream media happy so that they could finally say she visited the border, spent 20 minutes staring down at her feet, standing next to the wall, and I was surprised she didn’t call Joe Biden and say, ‘We did it, Joe. We destroyed America,’ because that’s exactly what they’re attempting to do,” she continued.

Lake appeared on “Sunday Morning Futures” this week along with National Border Patrol Council Vice President Art Del Cueto.

HARRIS VISITS CRUCIAL BORDER STATE AS IMMIGRATION RECORD SPARKS SCRUTINY: A TIMELINE

Vice President Kamala Harris speaks at Cochise College Douglas Campus in Douglas, Arizona, Friday, Sept. 27, 2024. (AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster)

There, the two highlighted heightened concerns that criminal illegal immigrant offenders are roaming free inside the United States, including over 425,000 who have reportedly been convicted of a crime, more than 13,000 who have been convicted of homicide and more than 15,000 who have been convicted of sexual assault, according to a letter Acting ICE Director Patrick Lechleitner penned to Texas Republican Rep. Tony Gonzales.

Advertisement

Del Cueto, commenting on the ongoing southern border crisis that continues to affect communities nationwide, warned viewers of what would come if current immigration policies continue.

“If we have four more years of this, I do not believe we’ll ever recuperate. It’s going to be devastating, and we will not recuperate in this country for many, many decades to come,” he said. 

“And certainly we will never recuperate within our own lifetime.”

The Biden-Harris administration has come under scrutiny over the past four years for allegedly perpetuating the crisis with reluctance to enact tougher border restrictions.

HARRIS HEADS TO SOUTHERN BORDER LOOKING TO FLIP SCRIPT ON IMMIGRATION CRITICISMS 

Advertisement

Kari Lake, the former Arizona Republican candidate for governor, holds a press conference on May 23, 2023, in Phoenix. (Rebecca Noble/Getty Images)

Illegal immigration has also emerged as a central issue in the 2024 election, with Trump and his allies dinging Harris on her record as “border czar” multiple times, though the White House rejects the “border czar” narrative.

Harris has since toughened her stance on the border, calling for increased protections. 

She recently urged the need for a “comprehensive plan” to mitigate the problem, telling MSNBC, “That includes what we need to do to fortify not only our border but deal with the fact that we also need to create pathways for people to earn citizenship.”

HARRIS LEANS IN ON BORDER SECURITY AND TRUMP RELISHES THE FIGHT

Advertisement

Harris also made her visit to the border town of Douglas, Arizona, which came under scrutiny as an alleged “photo op” by some Republicans.

When previously reached for comment over criticism about her border visit, the Harris campaign pointed Fox News Digital to a statement on her visit that said Harris will “outline her plan to deliver real solutions on border security and the fentanyl crisis – unlike Donald Trump, who did nothing to fix our broken immigration system, made things worse, and killed bipartisan border solutions to play politics.”

Fox News’ Elizabeth Elkind and Adam Shaw contributed to this report.

Read the full article from Here

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Los Angeles, Ca

Long Beach to hold new pride festival after previous one canceled

Published

on

Long Beach to hold new pride festival after previous one canceled

Long Beach will hold a pride festival this weekend after the one they originally had scheduled was canceled.

Long Beach city officials said the celebration was nixed after the nonprofit that organizes it, Long Beach Pride, failed to submit the required information for an event permit. 

It was supposed to start on Friday and last through Sunday.

“Despite continued collaboration and multiple deadline notices, the City did not receive the required documentation needed to complete safety reviews, inspect critical event infrastructure, such as the stage, electrical systems and tent, and emergency exiting plans to ensure compliance with public safety standards,” the city of Long Beach said in a statement. “With event programming scheduled to begin on May 15 at 5 p.m. with Teen Pride and essential information still outstanding, there is no longer sufficient time to safely permit the festival this year.” 

Advertisement

Officials noted that they were working to see if a “shortened event” could be held this weekend, and indeed, an agreement was reached to stage a one-day gathering on Sunday. 

Billed as “Canceled? Never Heard of Her!” and emceed by comedian and drag queen Jewels, it will still bring the city’s LGBTQ community together after Sunday morning’s Long Beach Pride Parade, which was not canceled.

“Long Beach Pride weekend is a culmination of celebrations put on by our community, including our many vibrant restaurants, bars and businesses, and that will never change,” Long Beach Mayor Rex Richardson said in a press release issued late Saturday night. “Along with the Pride Parade, we are proud to join the party with this new event that reaffirms what this City has always stood for: that every person belongs here.”

“The festival may have been canceled, but Long Beach drag artists don’t cancel joy,” added Jewels Long Beach.

The one-day “Canceled? Never Heard of Her!” festival will take place at Bixby Park from noon to 7 p.m. Sunday. A free event, it will include music by several performers and a drag show. 

Advertisement

More information can be found here.  

Continue Reading

Los Angeles, Ca

L.A. Jewish institution among targets of foiled terrorist attack, U.S. officials say

Published

on

L.A. Jewish institution among targets of foiled terrorist attack, U.S. officials say

A Jewish institution in Los Angeles was among the locations targeted in a recently foiled terrorism plot, U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York Jay Clayton announced this week.

The thwarted terrorist attacks were the result of the recent arrest of Mohammad Baqer Saad Dawood Al-Saadi, an Iraqi national and senior member of Kata’ib Hizballah, U.S. officials said.

“Mohammad Baqer Saad Dawood Al-Saadi, a commander for the terrorist organization, Kata’ib Hizballah, faces serious charges for his role in numerous attacks against U.S. interests across the globe, including his efforts to kill on U.S. soil,” Clayton said. “As alleged, for years, Al-Saadi committed himself to furthering the terrorist goals of Kata’ib Hizballah and the IRGC, two terrorist organizations dedicated to harming the United States and its allies.”

Al-Saadi recently attempted to carry out attacks in the U.S., officials said, including attacks at Jewish cultural places of interest in New York, Los Angeles and Scottsdale, Ariz.

“Al-Saadi attempted to disrupt American society through intimidation and violence,” a press release from the U.S. Attorney’s Office reads. “… Those who engage in or support terrorism against Americans and on U.S. soil should take note:  the whole of the federal government is committed to dismantling terrorist organizations and bringing their members to justice.”

Advertisement

In a three-month period, Al-Saadi allegedly directed 18 terrorist attacks throughout Europe, including bombings, arson, and assaults targeting American citizens and points of interest. Prior to his arrest, national security officials say he was planning similar attacks on U.S. soil. Assistant Attorney General for National Security John A. Eisenberg said that  Al-Saadi “presented a serious threat to our national security.”

The European attacks included the bombing of the Bank of New York Mellon, an American bank, in Amsterdam on March 15. On April 29, two Jewish men, one of whom was a dual U.S.-British citizen, were stabbed and seriously injured in London.

In 2020, Al-Saadi took to social media, calling for others to attack and kill Americans in retribution for the deaths of Iranian military officer Qasem Soleimani and Iraqi military commander Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, U.S. officials said. In more recent months, Al-Saadi allegedly used social media to encourage the killing of Americans and Jews to further the terrorist goals of Kata’ib Hizballah and the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.

“In or about February 2026, for example, AL-SAADI posted on one of his social media accounts a message in Arabic, which read in part, ‘Do not abandon the blood of your Imam of the time, oh Shiites of Iraq. Kill everyone who supports America and Israel. Do not leave any of them remaining. Civil and military targets, as well as voices of discord, kill them everywhere.’” U.S. officials said.

NYPD Commissioner Jessica S. Tisch confirmed that one of the U.S. targets was a Manhattan synagogue. On April 3, Al-Saadi allegedly spoke to an undercover law enforcement officer whom Al-Saadi believed could carry out attacks in the U.S. That same day, Al-Saadi allegedly texted the undercover officers photographs and maps showing the exact location of a prominent Jewish synagogue in New York City. 

Advertisement

Officials have not said what specific locations in L.A. and Arizona were targeted by the terrorist group.

Al-Saadi now faces numerous charges for these crimes in U.S. court. If convicted, he could be sentenced to life in prison.

The case is under investigation by the FBI’s New York Joint Terrorism Task Force, which is comprised of investigators and analysts from the FBI, the NYPD, the FBI Washington Field Office, Counterterrorism Division, and more than 50 other federal, state, and local agencies. Investigators also received help from the Department of Justice’s National Security Division, Counterterrorism Section, the Office of International Affairs of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division, and U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Los Angeles, Ca

L.A. police shoot knife-wielding man during response to assault call 

Published

on

L.A. police shoot knife-wielding man during response to assault call 

A man armed with a knife was shot by L.A. police officers responding to an assault with a deadly weapon call overnight, authorities said. 

According to the Los Angeles Police Department, officers with the Hollenbeck Division responded to an apartment complex in the 3000 block of Glenn Avenue in Boyle Heights at 1:45 a.m. Saturday after callers reported a male suspect was armed with a knife and had just assaulted someone in the complex. 

Arriving officers found the suspect in front of the residence, but he did not comply with officers’ commands to drop the weapon. He then advanced toward the officers and an officer-involved shooting occurred, LAPD confirmed.

A man armed with a knife was shot by L.A. police officers responding to an assault with a deadly weapon call overnight, authorities said. Video obtained by KTLA shows the man being loaded into an ambulance. May 2026. (ANG)

“The suspect was struck by gunfire and remained non-compliant,” the LAPD Public Information Officer said on X early Saturday morning. “Officers deployed a 40mm foam round and ultimately took the suspect into custody.”

Video obtained by KTLA shows the man being loaded into an ambulance and taken to a hospital; officials said he was transported in stable condition, adding that his knife was recovered at the scene and booked as evidence. 

Advertisement

No officers or community members were injured during the incident. The man’s name was not released. 

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending