Southwest
Family of Oklahoma teen Noah Presgrove speaks out 1 year after mysterious death
What led to the death of Oklahoma teen military hopeful Noah Presgrove remains a mystery one year after he was found dead on the side of an Oklahoma highway on Labor Day. His family is still hoping to gain answers about what happened to him.
“I’ve always just thought, I hope that he went fast. I hope that he wasn’t in pain,” Madison Rawlings, Presgrove’s sister, told Fox News Digital. “And I hope that his death wasn’t caused by someone you loved. That’s about the only thing that I hope about his last moments; that he wasn’t in pain, and it wasn’t by someone who he deeply loved, but we don’t really know that.”
Presgrove, 19, was found dead along a rural stretch of US-81 in Jefferson County on Labor Day in 2023. He was last seen alive at a party he attended with a group of friends that night, but now, a year later, the family says that no one has come forward to tell them how he ended up dead along the highway.
“We are so tired and fed up with all of this already, and I get that a year is a long time, but a year is a short time too. But I know our sympathy for whoever knows something. It’s non-existent. They’ve had plenty of time,” Rawlings said.
OKLAHOMA 911 CALLS RELEASED FROM MORNING RECENT GRAD NOAH PRESGROVE FOUND DEAD: ‘AWFUL ODD’
Noah Presgrove’s body was found along an Oklahoma highway on Labor Day 2023, and the manner of his death is still unknown. (Madison Rawlings/Kristen Smith)
Rawlings, who spoke to Fox News Digital a few months after his death was reported, previously said she just hoped and prayed that whoever knew what happened to her brother would come forward, and they could forgive and move on.
Now, as a year has gone by with zero answers as to what led to her brother’s death, she has changed her tune.
“I don’t know if they are scared, or they feel like they’re getting away with it, whichever way they look at it. But man, I wish that they would talk now. Because if we have to catch you, you people should realize that our family has worked this hard to find them, that, imagine having to push for them to get the punishment they deserve. So I hope that they hurry up and talk,” Rawlings added.
Presgrove had recently graduated from high school, three months early, with plans to enlist in the military alongside his cousin.
OKLAHOMA AUTHORITIES ‘HESITANT’ TO RULE TEEN’S DEATH A HOMICIDE, FAMED PATHOLOGIST SUGGESTS
Oklahoma teen Noah Presgrove’s family is still searching for answers about his death a year later. (Robyn Smith)
“I pray every day that the Lord will just reveal something to our law enforcement so that we can put this behind us, and we can work towards a new goal. I feel like whoever’s done this, they feel like they’re good, they’re fun. No one can touch me. So I’m just ready for that sense of safety to go away,” Rawlings said.
The medical examiner released the autopsy results to the Presgrove family in April, which the family shared with Fox News Digital. A medical examiner’s report concluded that the manner of death is still unknown.
“In consideration of the circumstances surrounding the death, autopsy examination, and toxicology result, the death of Noah Alexander Nichols is due to multiple blunt force injuries. The decedent was found naked wearing only a pair of shoes on the side of a highway on the morning of September 4, 2023. There were no vehicle parts or debris observed on the scene. At this time, what transpired on how the body was found on the road having multiple blunt force injuries is unknown. Therefore, the manner of death is deemed undetermined,” the report read.
OKLAHOMA TEEN MILITARY HOPEFUL’S FAMILY ‘CAN’T IMAGINE’ HE WAS MURDERED, OFFERS THEORY ABOUT HIS LAST HOURS
What led to the death of Oklahoma 19-year-old Noah Presgrove is still unknown a year later. (Madison Rawlings/Kristen Smith)
“Further investigation revealed that the decedent was at a house party and drinking on September 3, 2023. Then he rode an ATV ranger vehicle with several men that had a roll over incident. The decedent was alive following the incident and returned to the party where he got into an argument with his girlfriend. The decedent left the house party and was not found until the morning of September 4, 2023, on the side of the highway,” the report continued.
Fox News Digital obtained two 911 calls from motorists reporting what they first believed to be a deer lying on the side of the road, which was later determined to be human remains.
“It looks like someone got hit, like someone walking down the highway, they are lying on the shoulder in the road,” a caller told the police dispatcher in one of the recordings. “Yeah, like on the shoulder, like maybe they were walking and somebody hit them. I thought it was a deer, but it looks like a body.”
CAUSE OF DEATH DETERMINED FOR OKLAHOMA TEEN MILITARY HOPEFUL FOUND ON SIDE OF ROAD
A medical examiner’s summary report obtained by Fox News Digital said that Noah Presgrove died of “multiple blunt force injuries,” but the cause of those injuries remains unknown. (Kristen Smith)
The caller then told dispatch that the scene looked “awful odd.”
Jefferson County Undersheriff Jimmy Williams issued a statement to Fox News Digital and shared his condolences with Presgrove’s family.
“I, as Sheriff and the entire Sheriff’s Office, offer our sincere condolences to the family and friends of Noah. This case has rested heavily on our hearts throughout the year. I am confident that OHP and OSBI will find resolve and answers for Noah. My office has been working with OHP consistently as information has surfaced throughout this year,” he said.
The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation initially described Presgrove’s death as “suspicious,” though his official manner of death is “undetermined.”
A spokesperson for the Oklahoma Highway Patrol, which has taken over the investigation, told Fox News Digital the investigation is ongoing and would not comment further.
“You kind of get to wondering like how much longer? And with that, it’s when or if it will come together,” Rawlings said. “And we all are so hopeful, and we know that someone knows something, something has to happen. We want it to be solved so badly and as quickly as possible would be best. But we are thankful for any progress that we see.”
Read the full article from Here
Los Angeles, Ca
Long Beach to hold new pride festival after previous one canceled
Long Beach will hold a pride festival this weekend after the one they originally had scheduled was canceled.
Long Beach city officials said the celebration was nixed after the nonprofit that organizes it, Long Beach Pride, failed to submit the required information for an event permit.
It was supposed to start on Friday and last through Sunday.
“Despite continued collaboration and multiple deadline notices, the City did not receive the required documentation needed to complete safety reviews, inspect critical event infrastructure, such as the stage, electrical systems and tent, and emergency exiting plans to ensure compliance with public safety standards,” the city of Long Beach said in a statement. “With event programming scheduled to begin on May 15 at 5 p.m. with Teen Pride and essential information still outstanding, there is no longer sufficient time to safely permit the festival this year.”
Officials noted that they were working to see if a “shortened event” could be held this weekend, and indeed, an agreement was reached to stage a one-day gathering on Sunday.
Billed as “Canceled? Never Heard of Her!” and emceed by comedian and drag queen Jewels, it will still bring the city’s LGBTQ community together after Sunday morning’s Long Beach Pride Parade, which was not canceled.
“Long Beach Pride weekend is a culmination of celebrations put on by our community, including our many vibrant restaurants, bars and businesses, and that will never change,” Long Beach Mayor Rex Richardson said in a press release issued late Saturday night. “Along with the Pride Parade, we are proud to join the party with this new event that reaffirms what this City has always stood for: that every person belongs here.”
“The festival may have been canceled, but Long Beach drag artists don’t cancel joy,” added Jewels Long Beach.
The one-day “Canceled? Never Heard of Her!” festival will take place at Bixby Park from noon to 7 p.m. Sunday. A free event, it will include music by several performers and a drag show.
More information can be found here.
Los Angeles, Ca
L.A. Jewish institution among targets of foiled terrorist attack, U.S. officials say
A Jewish institution in Los Angeles was among the locations targeted in a recently foiled terrorism plot, U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York Jay Clayton announced this week.
The thwarted terrorist attacks were the result of the recent arrest of Mohammad Baqer Saad Dawood Al-Saadi, an Iraqi national and senior member of Kata’ib Hizballah, U.S. officials said.
“Mohammad Baqer Saad Dawood Al-Saadi, a commander for the terrorist organization, Kata’ib Hizballah, faces serious charges for his role in numerous attacks against U.S. interests across the globe, including his efforts to kill on U.S. soil,” Clayton said. “As alleged, for years, Al-Saadi committed himself to furthering the terrorist goals of Kata’ib Hizballah and the IRGC, two terrorist organizations dedicated to harming the United States and its allies.”
Al-Saadi recently attempted to carry out attacks in the U.S., officials said, including attacks at Jewish cultural places of interest in New York, Los Angeles and Scottsdale, Ariz.
“Al-Saadi attempted to disrupt American society through intimidation and violence,” a press release from the U.S. Attorney’s Office reads. “… Those who engage in or support terrorism against Americans and on U.S. soil should take note: the whole of the federal government is committed to dismantling terrorist organizations and bringing their members to justice.”
In a three-month period, Al-Saadi allegedly directed 18 terrorist attacks throughout Europe, including bombings, arson, and assaults targeting American citizens and points of interest. Prior to his arrest, national security officials say he was planning similar attacks on U.S. soil. Assistant Attorney General for National Security John A. Eisenberg said that Al-Saadi “presented a serious threat to our national security.”
The European attacks included the bombing of the Bank of New York Mellon, an American bank, in Amsterdam on March 15. On April 29, two Jewish men, one of whom was a dual U.S.-British citizen, were stabbed and seriously injured in London.
In 2020, Al-Saadi took to social media, calling for others to attack and kill Americans in retribution for the deaths of Iranian military officer Qasem Soleimani and Iraqi military commander Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, U.S. officials said. In more recent months, Al-Saadi allegedly used social media to encourage the killing of Americans and Jews to further the terrorist goals of Kata’ib Hizballah and the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.
“In or about February 2026, for example, AL-SAADI posted on one of his social media accounts a message in Arabic, which read in part, ‘Do not abandon the blood of your Imam of the time, oh Shiites of Iraq. Kill everyone who supports America and Israel. Do not leave any of them remaining. Civil and military targets, as well as voices of discord, kill them everywhere.’” U.S. officials said.
NYPD Commissioner Jessica S. Tisch confirmed that one of the U.S. targets was a Manhattan synagogue. On April 3, Al-Saadi allegedly spoke to an undercover law enforcement officer whom Al-Saadi believed could carry out attacks in the U.S. That same day, Al-Saadi allegedly texted the undercover officers photographs and maps showing the exact location of a prominent Jewish synagogue in New York City.
Officials have not said what specific locations in L.A. and Arizona were targeted by the terrorist group.
Al-Saadi now faces numerous charges for these crimes in U.S. court. If convicted, he could be sentenced to life in prison.
The case is under investigation by the FBI’s New York Joint Terrorism Task Force, which is comprised of investigators and analysts from the FBI, the NYPD, the FBI Washington Field Office, Counterterrorism Division, and more than 50 other federal, state, and local agencies. Investigators also received help from the Department of Justice’s National Security Division, Counterterrorism Section, the Office of International Affairs of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division, and U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
Los Angeles, Ca
L.A. police shoot knife-wielding man during response to assault call
A man armed with a knife was shot by L.A. police officers responding to an assault with a deadly weapon call overnight, authorities said.
According to the Los Angeles Police Department, officers with the Hollenbeck Division responded to an apartment complex in the 3000 block of Glenn Avenue in Boyle Heights at 1:45 a.m. Saturday after callers reported a male suspect was armed with a knife and had just assaulted someone in the complex.
Arriving officers found the suspect in front of the residence, but he did not comply with officers’ commands to drop the weapon. He then advanced toward the officers and an officer-involved shooting occurred, LAPD confirmed.
“The suspect was struck by gunfire and remained non-compliant,” the LAPD Public Information Officer said on X early Saturday morning. “Officers deployed a 40mm foam round and ultimately took the suspect into custody.”
Video obtained by KTLA shows the man being loaded into an ambulance and taken to a hospital; officials said he was transported in stable condition, adding that his knife was recovered at the scene and booked as evidence.
No officers or community members were injured during the incident. The man’s name was not released.
-
Detroit, MI17 minutes agoPistons’ playoff run ends in Game 7 blowout to Cavaliers
-
San Francisco, CA29 minutes agoSan Mateo supervisor urges CDC to step up protections amid hantavirus outbreak
-
Dallas, TX35 minutes agoThe art of showing up: how two Dallas women paint a new vision for relief
-
Miami, FL41 minutes agoMessi’s goal, assist lead Inter Miami to 2-0 win over Portland and first at new stadium
-
Boston, MA47 minutes agoFire breaks out at East Boston home, spreads to neighboring buildings
-
Denver, CO53 minutes agoNuggets’ Nikola Jokic finishes 2nd in MVP voting; Shai Gilgeous-Alexander repeats
-
Seattle, WA59 minutes agoCaitlin Clark’s stats today in Indiana Fever vs Seattle Storm
-
Milwaukee, WI1 hour agoWisconsin’s Most Wanted: Erin Conley sought for child sex assault