Miami, FL
Dolphins 90 in 90: Tight end Greg Dulcich looking to build in 2026
Our 90-in-90 series took a two-day break after just two articles had been posted. On Thursday, I had just about finished a look at tight end Jalin Conyers, only to have the Miami Dolphins announce they were waiving the 2025 undrafted free agent signing. It was perfectly timed to throw off my post. Yesterday, I just did not have a chance to post.
Which brings us to today’s look at the Dolphins’ 2026 roster. Each article in the 90-in-90 series is designed to let us get a closer look at one player on the roster, breaking down who he is, what he did last year, and what could be in store for him this year. Our first two publications for 2026 were defensive players, cornerback JuJu Brents and defensive end Mason Reiger. Today, we turn to the offense with tight end Greg Dulcich.
Name: Greg Dulcich
Number: 85
Position: Tight end
Height / Weight: 6’4” / 245
Age (at start of season): 26
Experience: 5th season (Denver Broncos 2022-2024, Chicago Bears 2024, Miami Dolphins 2025)
College: UCLA
Draft: 2022 3rd round (Broncos)
Acquired: 2025 Free Agent signing; Re-signed 2026
Contract and 2026 salary cap
Contract: 1 year, $3.25 million
2026 salary cap: $1.7 million
Games played: 10 (3 starts)
Receptions: 26
Receiving yards: 335
Touchdowns: 1
Dulcich started the 2025 season on Miami’s practice squad, making his first appearance in Week 8. Once he did get into the game, he quickly moved from a depth piece into a key part of the offense, catching a season-high five passes in his second game (tied in Week 17). He was not a player who teams had to game plan to cover, but he did finish the year second on the team in average yards per reception for players who had at least seven receptions at 12.9 – trailing only wide receiver Jaylen Waddle. He established himself as a solid tight end who can be counted on to make the contested catch and keep the chains moving.
Tight end signings: Zack Kuntz, Ben Sims, Cole Turner
Released: Jalin Conyers (waived), Zack Kuntz (waived), Chris Myarick
Drafted: Will Kacmarek (3rd round); Seydou Traore (5th round)
Dulcich is projected to be the team’s starting tight end and should serve as a possession-style receiver for new starting quarterback Malik Willis. He does not need to be a down-field, highlight-producing receiver for the team, but be the solid player who gets what he can and keeps drives alive.
General manager Jon-Eric Sullivan mentioned Dulcich during an appearance on ESPN at the NFL Owners Meetings. Asked by Kevin Clark for a player he thinks is poised to take a big step forward in 2026, Sullivan immediately replied, “Dulcich. I thought he had a really good back-end of the season, and I want to see if he can build on that. That’s why we brought him back.”
Dulcich should be the starter come Week 1 and may become one of Willis’s favorite targets.
Miami, FL
Miami Heat’s Bam Adebayo wins NBA’s Social Justice Champion award for his work helping underserved communities
Bam Adebayo knows what it’s like to grow up with very little. He’s determined to help kids who are facing similar predicaments.
And the NBA has noticed his work.
The Miami Heat star — who had an 83-point game this season, the second highest-scoring game in NBA history — was honored Friday night with the league’s Social Justice Champion award. Adebayo will receive the Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Trophy, and the NBA will make a $100,000 charitable donation on his behalf.
“It’s not something I look to do or want to do for attention,” Adebayo said Friday night in a video conference. “It’s something I do because I really want to help people. I’ve always said this: I never had anybody in my community that would come in and make impact. And my mom’s always been one of those people who’s always giving back, so I’m just carrying that torch.”
The award, the NBA said, “honors a current NBA player for pursuing social justice and … for advancing Abdul-Jabbar’s life mission to engage, empower and drive equality for individuals and groups who have been historically disadvantaged.”
Bam Adebayo’s foundation has raised thousands for underserved communities
The Bam Adebayo Foundation invested more than $563,000 across 18 initiatives this season, all promoting either educational equity, food security or youth development in underserved communities across South Florida and his native North Carolina.
Among the highlights of his work:
— He provided mattresses, uniforms and school supplies for students at The SEED School of Miami.
— Funded transportation for more than 19,000 students to attend the Miami Book Fair.
— Addressed food insecurity through holiday meal distributions.
— Hosted a holiday toy drive serving more than 2,000 children, and the leftover toys — which covered the playing court at the Heat’s home Kaseya Center — were then shared with other organizations.
— Supported youth development programs.
— Renovated a basketball court at Camillus House Homeless Shelter.
The other finalists for the award this season were San Antonio’s Harrison Barnes, Boston’s Jaylen Brown, Detroit’s Tobias Harris and Cleveland’s Larry Nance Jr.
Adebayo is the sixth recipient, joining Jrue Holiday (2025), Karl-Anthony Towns (2024), Stephen Curry (2023), Reggie Bullock (2022) and Carmelo Anthony (2021).
“I’m the first one in Heat history to get it,” said Adebayo, Miami’s captain. “It feels good to be the first at something in franchise history — but it just shows the work that I put into the community.”
The award was decided by a committee that includes Abdul-Jabbar, Tatum, Realize The Dream co-founders Martin Luther King III and Arndrea Waters King, GirlTREK Co-Founder and President Vanessa Garrison, National Museum of African American History & Culture Acting Director Shanita Brackett, Civic Nation CEO Kyle Lierman, NBA President of Social Responsibility & Player Programs Kathy Behrens, National Basketball Players Association Foundation Executive Director Erika Swilley and youth representative Cayden Daughtry from the Jr. NBA and Jr. WNBA Court of Leaders.
___
AP NBA: https://apnews.com/nba
Miami, FL
Fecal bacteria risk at South Florida beach prompts health warning ahead of busy Memorial Day weekend
It’s going to be a hot and humid Memorial Day weekend across South Florida, but bacteria indicating the possibility of fecal pollution found at a popular Miami-Dade beach prompted a warning from officials to stay out of the water.
The Florida Department of Health in Miami-Dade County released a statement and said the water quality at Crandon Park North in Key Biscayne doesn’t meet the recreational water quality criteria for Enterococcus bacteria, which could indicate fecal pollution.
According to the statement, the tests were completed on Thursday and the bacteria level exceeded the level that has been established by state guidelines.
“DOH-Miami-Dade advises against any water-related activities at this location due to an increased risk of illness in swimmers,” the statement read.
The advisory will remain in place until the bacterial levels fall below the accepted health level.
What is Enterococcus bacteria?
According to the Florida Department of Health, Enterococci are enteric bacteria that normal inhabit the intestinal tract of humans and animals.
The presence of enteric bacteria “can be an indication of fecal pollution, which may come from stormwater runoff, pets and wildlife, and human sewage.”
In addition, if they are present in high concentrations in recreational waters and ingested or enter through the skin through a cut or sore, they may cause disease, infections or rashes, according to the department.
Current samples taken at Crandon Park South and Crandon Park North – Key Biscayne are both poor, meaning 70.5 or greater Enterococcus per 100 milliliters of marine water were discovered in the samples.
Check out the current samples by clicking here.
Miami, FL
Sister of high-ranking Cuba conglomerate official arrested by ICE in Miami
The sister of a high-ranking Cuban official is now in Immigration and Customs Enforcement custody after she was arrested in Miami on Thursday, the latest move in an escalating pressure campaign against Cuba’s ruling party and its leaders.
A photo released by ICE Homeland Security Investigations shows Adys Lastres Morera being taken away in Miami, with HSI calling her “a deportable lawful permanent resident whose presence poses a threat to the United States and undermines American foreign policy interests.”
Her sister, Ania Guillermina Lastres Morera, is the executive president of GAESA, a business conglomerate operated by the Cuban Revolutionary Armed Forces.
“They have a private military company named Gaesa who’s sitting on $18 billion of assets, and not a penny of that transfers over to the state budget. Not a penny of that goes over to help the people of Cuba. Not one cent,” Secretary of State Marco Rubio said.
Gaesa is a business conglomerate operated by the Cuban Revolutionary Armed Forces, and it’s even more powerful than the island’s communist party.
GAESA controls hotels, gas stations, supermarkets, currency exchange, marinas, real estate and many more entities on the island.
U.S. officials estimate that GAESA, which is a private company, controls 40% or more of Cuba’s economy.
“GAESA wields such immense power that the Cuban government, the government led by Miguel Díaz-Canel, Manuel Marrero, and others, must ask GAESA for the resources needed to manage the country. And GAESA provides them if it so chooses,” said investigative journalist Mario Penton of Marti Noticias, who focuses on covering Cuba.
In March, Marti Noticias published a report detailing Adys Lastres Morera’s alleged association with investment companies.
“Something that strikes us as particularly noteworthy is that Adys Lastres Morera arrived in the United States in 2023, having been petitioned by her son, U.S. citizen Ernesto Carvajal Lastres,” Penton said. “And immediately thereafter, her name appeared associated as a manager at Santa Elena Investments and Remas Investments, companies dedicated to real estate investments in Florida.”
Penton said shortly after his report became public, everything related to those real estate investment companies was wiped from the internet.
Rubio said he terminated Adys Lastres Morera’s permanent resident status, posting to X, “There will be nowhere on this earth, much less in our country – where foreign nationals who threaten our national security can live lavishly.”
Adys Lastres Morera’s son said over the phone Thursday that he’s in crisis mode, trying to figure out where his mom is and why she was detained.
“I am not entirely clear on how Marco Rubio can have the authority to revoke residency without going through a court process,” he said.
Adys Lastres Morera’s son said he’s a U.S. citizen and has been living in the U.S. for 12 years. He’s currently looking for an attorney who can take his mother’s case.
-
News10 minutes agoWhat will Trump do next with Iran?
-
New York2 hours agoHow Stars From ‘The Morning Show’ and ‘The League’ Keep Their Love Alive
-
Los Angeles, Ca2 hours agoLos Angeles man charged in Southern California catalytic converter theft spree
-
Detroit, MI2 hours agoRain-soaked Detroit job seekers show skills, grit at Comerica Park hiring event
-
San Francisco, CA2 hours agoNine runs? NINE runs! White Sox down Giants with one huge inning
-
Dallas, TX2 hours ago11 Dallas neighbors declared best places to live and more top stories
-
Boston, MA3 hours agoRed Sox’s Trade Market Desires Reported By Boston Insider
-
Denver, CO3 hours agoRookie LB Red Murdock is anything but Irrelevant and gives the Broncos a tackling and fumble forcing machine