Connect with us

Miami, FL

Braxton Berrios, Bethenny Frankel and more stars hit Gaia Miami’s opening

Published

on

Braxton Berrios, Bethenny Frankel and more stars hit Gaia Miami’s opening


Dubai has landed in Miami.

Fundamental Hospitality — the UAE-born powerhouse behind hot spots like Shanghai Me, Alaya, and La Maison Ani — quietly previewed its first US outpost in Miami this weekend.

Stars like Bethenny Frankel, Braxton Berrios and Larsa Pippen attended the four-night preview of Gaia Miami last Thursday to Sunday, a source told Page Six.

Gaia’s Miami outpost (pictured) opened with a starry showing last week. World Red Eye
The Mediterranean (pictured) was opened by Fundamental Hospitality. World Red Eye

We’re told partners Evgeny Kuzin and Izu Ani “rolled out the red carpet” for a handpicked group of the coastal-Floridian city’s most influential names for a first look ahead of the official opening later this week.

Advertisement

To kick things off, the Mayor of Miami Beach, Steven Meiner, led a ribbon-cutting ceremony.

“Inside, the scene leaned more private members club than restaurant preview,” the source said.

We’re told couples Kevin and Kate Love and David Lee and Caroline Wozniacki dined alongside NBA icon Pat Riley and NFL standout Jon Vilma.

Bethenny Frankel (seen here) attended the opening and called it the best restaurant in Miami.
Braxton Berrios (second from the right) attended the opening with friends. World Red Eye
Larsa Pippen posed for a photo with Jonathan “Foodgod” Cheben. World Red Eye

Claire Holt was seen arriving with her fiancé, developer Andrew Joblon, alongside real estate bigwig Alex Witkoff.

Housewives spotted dining throughout the soft launch included Bethenny Frankel, Kiki Barth, Alexia Nepola and Pippen — who wore an eye-catching gold dress for the occasion.

Advertisement

Frankel even took to Instagram to give a rave review for the restaurant, calling it “the best restaurant in Miami.”

The starry guest list included developer Jorge Perez, Major Food Group co-founders Jeff Zalaznick and Mario Carbone, nightlife mainstay Chris Paciello, branding mogul Steve Stoute and architect Kobi Karp.

Influencer Jonathan “Foodgod” Cheban also dined there and took to social media to share his experience at the new eatery, writing in the caption, “Good luck getting in.”

Kevin and Kate Love dined alongside Mario Carbone (pictured above). World Red Eye
Alexia Nepola hit the hotspot with her husband, Todd. World Red Eye
Cheben (seen here at Gaia Miami) also posted about his experience. World Red Eye

Some of the city’s biggest business heavyweights were also in tow, including Dave Grutman and his wife Isabela, and Pura Vida founders Omer and Jennifer Horev.

The menu includes fresh Mediterranean dishes like tuna with truffle, tuna tartar with caviar, watermelon salad, Greek salad, baked feta cheese, Greek-style meatballs and lobster pasta.

Advertisement

As for desserts, patrons can indulge in fried Greek doughnuts, Gia cheesecake, filo mille feuilles, coconut cake, the “Dirty Cookie” with toasted hazelnut, pralines and tahiti vanilla ice cream.





Source link

Miami, FL

Sister of high-ranking Cuba conglomerate official arrested by ICE in Miami

Published

on

Sister of high-ranking Cuba conglomerate official arrested by ICE in Miami


The sister of a high-ranking Cuban official is now in Immigration and Customs Enforcement custody after she was arrested in Miami on Thursday, the latest move in an escalating pressure campaign against Cuba’s ruling party and its leaders.

A photo released by ICE Homeland Security Investigations shows Adys Lastres Morera being taken away in Miami, with HSI calling her “a deportable lawful permanent resident whose presence poses a threat to the United States and undermines American foreign policy interests.”

Her sister, Ania Guillermina Lastres Morera, is the executive president of GAESA, a business conglomerate operated by the Cuban Revolutionary Armed Forces.

“They have a private military company named Gaesa who’s sitting on $18 billion of assets, and not a penny of that transfers over to the state budget. Not a penny of that goes over to help the people of Cuba. Not one cent,” Secretary of State Marco Rubio said.

Advertisement

Gaesa is a business conglomerate operated by the Cuban Revolutionary Armed Forces, and it’s even more powerful than the island’s communist party.

GAESA controls hotels, gas stations, supermarkets, currency exchange, marinas, real estate and many more entities on the island.

U.S. officials estimate that GAESA, which is a private company, controls 40% or more of Cuba’s economy.

“GAESA wields such immense power that the Cuban government, the government led by Miguel Díaz-Canel, Manuel Marrero, and others, must ask GAESA for the resources needed to manage the country. And GAESA provides them if it so chooses,” said investigative journalist Mario Penton of Marti Noticias, who focuses on covering Cuba.

In March, Marti Noticias published a report detailing Adys Lastres Morera’s alleged association with investment companies.

Advertisement

“Something that strikes us as particularly noteworthy is that Adys Lastres Morera arrived in the United States in 2023, having been petitioned by her son, U.S. citizen Ernesto Carvajal Lastres,” Penton said. “And immediately thereafter, her name appeared associated as a manager at Santa Elena Investments and Remas Investments, companies dedicated to real estate investments in Florida.”

Penton said shortly after his report became public, everything related to those real estate investment companies was wiped from the internet.

Rubio said he terminated Adys Lastres Morera’s permanent resident status, posting to X, “There will be nowhere on this earth, much less in our country – where foreign nationals who threaten our national security can live lavishly.”

Adys Lastres Morera’s son said over the phone Thursday that he’s in crisis mode, trying to figure out where his mom is and why she was detained.

“I am not entirely clear on how Marco Rubio can have the authority to revoke residency without going through a court process,” he said.

Advertisement

Adys Lastres Morera’s son said he’s a U.S. citizen and has been living in the U.S. for 12 years. He’s currently looking for an attorney who can take his mother’s case.



Source link

Continue Reading

Miami, FL

Man accused of following woman in his Tesla, exposing himself to her in South Miami

Published

on

Man accused of following woman in his Tesla, exposing himself to her in South Miami


SOUTH MIAMI, Fla. — A 50-year-old man was arrested Wednesday, nearly a week after he followed a woman who had just left a gym in Miami’s Brickell neighborhood and then exposed himself to her while she was stopped at an intersection in South Miami, authorities said.

Leer en español

According to an arrest report from the South Miami Police Department, the victim told police that just after leaving the gym last Friday, she immediately noticed that she was being followed by a gray Tesla Model Y.

“The vehicle continued following the victim southbound on S. Dixie Highway while the driver attempted to gain her attention,” a police officer wrote in the arrest report.

Advertisement

The driver, later identified by police as Rogerio Miranda De Souza, of Pinecrest, was also “brake checking” her “in a manner that could have caused a collision,” the report stated.

Police said the victim was stopped near the intersection of South Dixie Highway and Southwest 70th Street when Miranda De Souza drove extremely close to the driver’s side of her vehicle, at which time she noticed his pants were lowered, exposing his genitals, and he was stroking his penis while making direct eye contact with her.

The victim provided detectives with the vehicle’s license plate number and a physical description of the suspect.

Police said she later identified Miranda De Souza in a photo lineup.

He was arrested Wednesday on a charge of indecent exposure.

Advertisement

As of Thursday morning, Miranda De Souza was being held at the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center on a $1,000 bond.

“Investigators have since learned that a neighboring law enforcement agency is conducting a separate investigation involving the same subject under similar circumstances,” a news release from SMPD stated. “Based on the ongoing investigation and the similarities between the incidents, detectives believe there may be additional victims who have not yet reported their encounters to law enforcement.”

Anyone with information about this investigation, or who believes they may have been victimized by Miranda De Souza is asked to call the South Miami Police Department or Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305-471-8477.

Copyright 2026 by WPLG Local10.com – All rights reserved.

Advertisement



Source link

Continue Reading

Miami, FL

Inter Miami nearing deal to bring in Brazilian star Casemiro to pair with Lionel Messi

Published

on

Inter Miami nearing deal to bring in Brazilian star Casemiro to pair with Lionel Messi


A Manchester United veteran is closing in on a deal to join another soccer great in the MLS. 

Brazilian star Casemiro is expected to reach a deal with Lionel Messi-led Inter Miami after he revealed he would depart Man United this summer after his contract ends, according to multiple reports. 

The addition of Casemiro, who was just named to Brazil’s squad for the 2026 World Cup, would bolster an already star-studded lineup for the defending MLS Cup champs, headlined by Messi, Luis Suárez and Rodrigo De Paul. 

Casemiro would join Inter Miami as a free agent during the MLS summer transfer window, which runs from July 13 to Sept. 2, according to ESPN. Miami is the Brazilian’s top choice. 

Advertisement
Accompanied by his family Manchester United’s Casemiro greets fans after his last game for the club at the end of English Premier League soccer match between Manchester United and Nottingham Forest in Manchester, England, Sunday, May 17, 2026. AP Photo/Dave Thompson

The LA Galaxy and Saudi Arabia’s Al Ittihad also reportedly expressed interest in trying to lure Casemiro to their respective clubs. 

Since Inter Miami does not have a Designated Player spot available on its roster, Casemiro’s contract will be less than $2 million for this season, barring one of the club’s three DPs doesn’t leave over the summer. 

Inter Miami will also need to negotiate an agreement with the Galaxy, which holds Casemiro’s MLS discovery rights 

The mechanism allows for a club to put a player on its discovery list, which is limited to five players, in order to get priority rights to negotiate with them in order to sign them. 

According to The Athletic, no agreement has been reached between Inter Miami and the Galaxy regarding compensation for his discovery rights. 

Advertisement

Manchester United's Casemiro, centre, and Nottingham Forest's Elliot Anderson in action during the English Premier League soccer match between Manchester United and Nottingham Forest in Manchester, England, Sunday, May 17, 2026.
Manchester United’s Casemiro, centre, and Nottingham Forest’s Elliot Anderson in action during the English Premier League soccer match between Manchester United and Nottingham Forest in Manchester, England, Sunday, May 17, 2026. AP Photo/Dave Thompson

The news of the likely signing comes while the club has been in the middle of a spat with some of its most diehard fans, who protested over the lack of recognition during Inter Miami’s 2-0 win over Portland. 

La Familia, the club’s collective of supporters’ groups, staged an 84-minute silent protest before breaking out in a chant demanding recognition from Inter Miami. 

The protest overshadowed what Inter Miami’s first win at its new home field, but the Miami Herald reported that club leadership was set to meet with members of La Familia on Wednesday.

Miami next plays Philadelphia on Sunday in the last game before the World Cup break.



Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending