Connect with us

Dallas, TX

Officers find fatally wounded teen near Dallas park, police say

Published

on

Officers find fatally wounded teen near Dallas park, police say


Authorities are investigating after officers on Monday morning found a fatally wounded teen near Thurgood Marshall Park in Dallas, police said.

At about 9:30 a.m., officers were requested in connection with a health and welfare check call in the 4900 block of Mark Trail Way in the Red Bird neighborhood of Dallas.

Baby, fatally wounded woman found inside vehicle in Old East Dallas, police say

Someone reported seeing a person on the ground in a breezeway, police said. In a Monday news release, authorities identified the person as a 14-year-old boy, but did not release his name, citing his age.

Crime in The News

Advertisement

Read the crime and public safety news your neighbors are talking about.

Investigators determined that the boy had been shot. He was pronounced dead at the location by Dallas Fire-Rescue, police said.

No suspect information was available as of Monday evening, according to police. The death is being investigated as a homicide.

2 girls among 4 dead following head-on collision in Parker County, Texas DPS says

Anyone with information is asked to contact Dallas Police detective Timothy Johnston at 214-671-3523 or timothy.johnston@dallaspolice.gov. They should reference case No. 082082-2024.

    Shoppers deterred as retailers lock away more items to prevent shoplifting
    Boy dies Sunday after shooting in Fort Worth; no arrests made, police say



Source link

Advertisement

Dallas, TX

Dallas felon arrested after allegedly shooting 14-year-old inside vacant Pleasant Grove home

Published

on

Dallas felon arrested after allegedly shooting 14-year-old inside vacant Pleasant Grove home


A 14-year-old who lives in Pleasant Grove is at a children’s hospital recovering after he was struck by a shotgun round.

The injured teen was shot about a quarter mile away from his home. Police say the teenager ran while bleeding in his home, where his family called 911 frantic to get him to a hospital.

Advertisement

Felon arrested after teen shot in Pleasant Grove

What we know:

66-year-ikd Victor Burnett is facing multiple aggravated assault charges and also unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon. 

Advertisement

It’s the latest in a lengthy arrest history for Burnett in Dallas County.

Burnett is accused of shooting two teens who were inside a vacant home in Pleasant Grove on Tuesday evening around 7pm.

Police say a 14-year-old boy was struck and ran back home on Godfrey Avenue. His 15-year-old friend took off in a different direction across the family’s front porch, and was caught on RING video.

Advertisement

Witness photo and flock cameras lead to suspect

Dig deeper:

A second call to police came in from a witness, stating they saw Burnett with a shotgun getting into a green Dodge pick-up truck parked in the grass field.

Advertisement

This witness is key in the investigation, taking a picture of Burnett’s license plate before he took off.

Flagged by a flock camera just a few miles away, Burnett was then taken into custody of Jim Miller Road.

Suspect claims teens were trespassing

Advertisement

What they’re saying:

According to Burnett’s arrest warrant affidavit, he told police, “juveniles were constantly breaking into vacant/unoccupied new-built homes.”

The 15-year-old, who was not shot, admitted to police they were inside the vacant house and said, “Burnett entered the home, and then they heard a gunshot.”

Advertisement

Thats when “they together jumped out of one of the windows of the bedrooms and ran together and that is when his friend was shot.”

Relationship with Victor Burnett

What’s next:

Advertisement

FOX 4 checked out the vacant home on Thursday and multiple windows were damaged, one clearly with a bullet marker from police. 

Also, outside the new build, cameras and a sign that says ‘No Trespassing’, in the middle of construction, are being built by Robbie Hale Homes. The builder told FOX 4 over the phone on Thursday, that Burnett isn’t employed at the company, but confirmed he has been contracted out to mow lawns or provide security.

Advertisement

The suspect, Victor Burnet, was brought back to police headquarters. A quick search by police, and they learned he’d been convicted of sexual assault and therefore is not permitted by law to own a firearm. 

Police say they found a shotgun and a stolen pistol in his truck.

The Source: Information in this article was provided by FOX 4’s Peyton Yager.

Advertisement

Crime and Public SafetyPleasant Grove



Source link

Continue Reading

Dallas, TX

3 Dallas Cowboys UDFAs Who Could Steal a Spot on 53-Man Roster

Published

on

3 Dallas Cowboys UDFAs Who Could Steal a Spot on 53-Man Roster


OTAs will begin for the Dallas Cowboys on June 1 and will run through June 11. Mandatory minicamp will begin shortly after that, with the team working out from June 16-20. Training camp will follow in late July, which is when the fight for a spot on the 53-man roster will really heat up.

Dallas made some big changes on the defensive side of the ball this offseason, which will make for some interesting position battles. There will also be a few areas on offense where someone can steal a spot at the bottom of the depth chart. That said, here are three undrafted free agents to keep an eye on as they attempt to steal a spot on the 53-man roster.

Tommy Dunn Jr., DT

Advertisement

Kansas Jayhawks DT Tommy Dunn Jr. celebrates after cornerback Cobee Bryant’s interception against the Cincinnati Bearcats. | Carter Skaggs/The Enquirer / USA TODAY NETWORK

Cowboys On SI writer Mike Moraitis recently noted that Dallas signed three defensive linemen as undrafted free agents, proving that defensive coordinator Christian Parker wants to create more competition there. One player to keep an eye on is Tommy Dunn Jr. out of Kansas.

Advertisement

Listed at 6-foot-3 and 305 pounds, Dunn is a developmental nose tackle prospect known for his ability to defend the run. His main competition will be second-year player Jay Toia, but since Toia was drafted under the previous defensive staff, the two will have a fair battle on their hands.

Langston Patterson, LB

Advertisement

Dallas Cowboys LB Langston Patterson goes through a drill during practice at the Ford Center at the Star Training Facility. | Chris Jones-Imagn Images

Advertisement

Linebacker remains one of the thinnest spots on the Dallas roster. Their starters at inside linebacker are DeMarvion Overshown and Dee Winters. Behind them, the Cowboys have rookie third-round pick Jaishawn Barham and second-year linebackers Shemar James and Justin Barron.

There’s a possibility they add another veteran to the mix, especially given Overshown’s injury history. They could also stick with their current group, which would give Langston Patterson a realistic shot of making the team.

The 6-foot-1, 235-pound Patterson isn’t considered a great coverage linebacker, but he has a nose for the ball in the run game. He could also stand out as a special teams ace, which might be his best path to a roster spot.

Michael Trigg, TE

Advertisement

Dallas Cowboys tight end Michael Trigg goes through a drill during practice at the Ford Center at the Star Training Facility. | Chris Jones-Imagn Images

Entering his fourth season in the NFL, Luke Schoonmaker is considered a potential cut candidate. The 2023 second-round pick hasn’t established himself as a consistent threat, which leaves the door open for Michael Trigg to steal a spot.

Advertisement

Trigg played for USC and Ole Miss before finally hitting his stride with Baylor. In 2025, he recorded 694 yards and six touchdowns on 50 receptions. He boasts a massive catch radius and could be used as a vertical threat. Trigg has the best shot out of all UDFAs at making the team and could wind up being a long-term player in the NFL.

Advertisement

— Sign up for the Cowboys Daily Digest newsletter for more free coverage from Dallas Cowboys on SI —

Add us as a preferred source on Google



Source link

Continue Reading

Dallas, TX

Dallas police seek two people of interest seen leaving Deep Ellum shooting that injured five

Published

on

Dallas police seek two people of interest seen leaving Deep Ellum shooting that injured five



Dallas police are asking for the public’s help identifying two people seen on video leaving the scene of a shooting in Deep Ellum that injured five people earlier this month.

The shooting happened at 10:23 p.m. on May 5 near Commerce Street and Malcolm X Boulevard, according to the Dallas Police Department.

Police said a man opened fire, shot five people, and fled. Three victims were taken by Dallas Fire-Rescue, and two were taken by private vehicle to a hospital. All were in stable condition.

Advertisement

Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective L. Kebart at 214-671-3668 or Lauren.Kebart@dallaspolice.gov.

About two hours later, on May 6, a second shooting occurred at Elm Street and North Crowdus Street, killing 26-year-old security guard Joseph Gray. Police said Gray was breaking up a fight when 23-year-old Detorius Tarver opened fire. Tarver was arrested at the scene and charged with murder.

Police shut down Deep Ellum after the second shooting.

CBS News Texas will provide updates as more information becomes available.

Advertisement



Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending