Connect with us

Dallas, TX

Eagles Injury Report: Jalen Hurts and Quinyon Mitchell limited, Dallas Goedert and Cam Jurgens DNP

Published

on

Eagles Injury Report: Jalen Hurts and Quinyon Mitchell limited, Dallas Goedert and Cam Jurgens DNP


The Philadelphia Eagles issued their first official injury report on Wednesday in advance of their NFC Championship Game matchup against the Washington Commanders.

Note that this report is an estimation because the team held a walkthrough in lieu of a normal practice.

The Eagles listed two players under DID NOT PARTICIPATE: Dallas Goedert and Cam Jurgens.

These players weren’t expected to be on the injury report.

Advertisement

Goedert played in 60 out of 63 possible snaps against the Los Angeles Rams. Perhaps he tweaked something and the Eagles are trying to manage him to get to Sunday? It’s worth noting that the Eagles signed a tight end to the practice squad earlier on Wednesday.

Jurgens played in 63 out of 63 possible snaps against the Rams. Perhaps he tweaked something and the Eagles are trying to manage him to get to Sunday? It’s worth noting that the Eagles signed veteran offensive lineman Cameron Erving, who has center experience, to the practice squad earlier on Wednesday.

It’ll be worth monitoring how these guys progress (or not) over the next two days.

The Eagles listed six players under LIMITED PARTICIPATION: Jalen Hurts, Quinyon Mitchell, A.J. Brown, Lane Johnson, Josh Sweat, and Britain Covey.

As expected, Hurts told reporters he’s going to play. The question isn’t if he’s going to suit up on Sunday. The question is how limited Hurts will be, if at all.

Advertisement

Mitchell told reporters he’s going to play against the Commanders.

Brown is once again listed with a “knee/rest” designation. Maybe it’s a good thing he was listed as limited instead of DNP? He did not practice last Wednesday.

Johnson is listed with a “knee/rest” designation. The “knee” part of that is new. But he’ll be playing on Sunday.

Sweat is listed with an “ankle/rest” designation. The “ankle” part of that is new. But he’ll be playing on Sunday.

Covey’s 21-day practice window to return from injured reserve was opened earlier today. We’ll see how he progresses over the next two days. The Eagles have until 4:00 PM Eastern on Saturday to activate him in time to play on Sunday.

Advertisement

The Eagles listed two players under FULL PARTICIPATION: Kenny Pickett and Byron Young.

Pickett was also a full participant in practice throughout last week. He’s still healing from broken ribs but that won’t prevent him from serving as Hurts’ backup.

Young’s 21-day practice window was opened on January 8. The Eagles will need to make a decision on activating him from injured reserve or not prior to the middle of next week at the latest.

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES INJURY REPORT (WEDNESDAY)

DID NOT PARTICIPATE

TE Dallas Goedert (ankle)
C Cam Jurgens (back)

Advertisement

LIMITED PARTICIPATION

WR A.J. Brown (knee/rest)
WR Britain Covey (neck)
QB Jalen Hurts (knee)
OT Lane Johnson (knee/rest)
QB Quinyon Mitchell (shoulder)
DE Josh Sweat (ankle/rest)

FULL PARTICIPATION

QB Kenny Pickett (ribs)
DT Byron Young (hamstring)


WASHINGTON COMMANDERS INJURY REPORT (WEDNESDAY)

The Commanders listed six players under DID NOT PARTICIPATE: starting right guard Sam Cosmi, starting tight end Zach Ertz, starting defensive tackle Daron Payne, starting linebacker Bobby Wagner, starting edge rusher Dante Fowler Jr., and rotational edge rusher Clelin Ferrell.

Advertisement

Cosmi suffered an ACL tear in the Divisional Round, so, he’s obviously not playing this weekend. His absence means the Commanders will be without their best offensive lineman. Journeyman veteran Trent Scott figures to start in Cosmi’s place. Jalen Carter must take advantage of that matchup.

Ertz is dealing with a rib injury but he’ll be able to play.

Payne was limited in practice last week due to a finger injury but now he’s newly dealing with a knee injury. He’ll still probably play.

Wagner missed practice time last week but still played 100% of the Commanders’ defensive snaps. They’re likely managing him to get him to Sunday.

Fowler Jr. and Ferrell were resting. They’ll play.

Advertisement

The Commanders listed two players under LIMITED PARTICIPATION: starting wide receiver Olamide Zaccheaus and depth edge rusher Javontae Jean-Baptiste.

OZ will probably be able to play against his former team.

DID NOT PARTICIPATE

OG Sam Cosmi (knee)
TE Zach Ertz (rib/rest)
DE Clelin Ferrell (knee/rest)
DE Dante Fowler Jr. (rest)
DT Daron Payne (knee/finger)
LB Bobby Wagner (ankle)

LIMITED PARTICIPATION

Advertisement

DE Javontae Jean-Baptiste (shoulder)
WR Olamide Zaccheaus (hip)

FULL PARTICIPATION

TE John Bates (shoulder)
C Tyler Biadasz (ankle)
OT Brandon Coleman (shoulder)
LB Dominique Hampton (back)
LB Frankie Luvu (shoulder)
RB Jeremy McNichols (hand)
TE Ben Sinnott (shoulder)



Source link

Advertisement

Dallas, TX

Dallas police seek two people of interest seen leaving Deep Ellum shooting that injured five

Published

on

Dallas police seek two people of interest seen leaving Deep Ellum shooting that injured five



Dallas police are asking for the public’s help identifying two people seen on video leaving the scene of a shooting in Deep Ellum that injured five people earlier this month.

The shooting happened at 10:23 p.m. on May 5 near Commerce Street and Malcolm X Boulevard, according to the Dallas Police Department.

Police said a man opened fire, shot five people, and fled. Three victims were taken by Dallas Fire-Rescue, and two were taken by private vehicle to a hospital. All were in stable condition.

Advertisement

Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective L. Kebart at 214-671-3668 or Lauren.Kebart@dallaspolice.gov.

About two hours later, on May 6, a second shooting occurred at Elm Street and North Crowdus Street, killing 26-year-old security guard Joseph Gray. Police said Gray was breaking up a fight when 23-year-old Detorius Tarver opened fire. Tarver was arrested at the scene and charged with murder.

Police shut down Deep Ellum after the second shooting.

CBS News Texas will provide updates as more information becomes available.

Advertisement



Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Dallas, TX

One Surprise Dallas Cowboys Cut to Expect After OTAs

Published

on

One Surprise Dallas Cowboys Cut to Expect After OTAs


The Dallas Cowboys will hold Organized Team Activities (OTAs) starting on June 1 and we would expect there to be some roster moves made after OTAs conclude on June 11.

This will be the first real opportunity we get to see the rookies and veterans on the same practice field, and that might be bad news for one of the Cowboys’ veterans.

That veteran is tight end Luke Schoonmaker, who has been nothing short of a disappointment since being taken with a second-round pick in 2023.

Advertisement

Not only has Schoonmaker not been a consistently good blocker during his career, the 27-year-old hasn’t offered much as a pass-catcher. Excelling in at least one of those areas is key for a depth tight end, yet Schoonmaker isn’t particularly great at either thing.

Advertisement

His play on the field is just one reason why Schoonmaker’s days with the Cowboys could be numbered.

Why Schoonmaker could get cut after OTAs

Advertisement

Dallas Cowboys tight end Luke Schoonmaker after the game against the Baltimore Ravens at AT&T Stadium. | Kevin Jairaj-Imagn Images

Along with his disappointing career that has so far spanned three seasons, another reason for Schoonmaker’s bleak outlook in Dallas is his contract situation.

The veteran is entering the final year of his deal and it looks like he is going to need a miracle to have a future with the Cowboys. And, there is an out in Schoonmaker’s contract this year, with the deal having a minimal dead-cap hit of $389,396.

Why would the Cowboys make the decision to cut Schoonmaker before letting him play out the final year of his deal? Well, it’s because of a pair of undrafted free-agent signings.

Advertisement

The more impressive of the two is Baylor product Michael Trigg, who the Cowboys clearly think very highly of after giving him a massive UDFA deal that includes $280,000 guaranteed.

Advertisement

Trigg is intriguing, to say the least. He has elite measurables for a tight end, and he was an explosive playmaker for the Bears, with Trigg going off for nearly 700 yards and six touchdowns in 2025. Head coach Brian Schottenheimer is clearly impressed with him.

Dallas Cowboys tight end Michael Trigg goes through a drill during practice at the Ford Center at the Star Training Facility | Chris Jones-Imagn Images
Advertisement

“Talk about Michael Trigg first, we’ve all seen the highlight reel catches and things that he did at Baylor — it’s impressive,” the Cowboys head coach said. “You talk about a guy that can stretch the field vertically and make game-changing ‘wow’-type plays attacking the middle of the field. I think that jumps out at you.”

Advertisement

There’s also DJ Rogers, who showed improvement in each of his last three seasons at TCU and culminated his college career with 319 receiving yards and two scores. Schottenheimer is especially a fan of Rogers’ versatility.

“I love the versatility that DJ brings,” Schottenheimer said. “You see him play some Y, some F, some fullback.”

Given the fact the Cowboys added a pair of tight ends after the draft suggests the team isn’t totally content with its current lot.

Getting a chance to see Trigg, Rogers, and Schoonmaker side by side at OTAs might be enough for the Cowboys to decide it just isn’t worth keeping the veteran around, especially because doing so could take key reps away from the rookies. We’ll find out if that is the case in a little under one month.

Advertisement

Sign up for the Cowboys Daily Digest newsletter for more free coverage from Dallas Cowboys on SI

Advertisement
Add us as a preferred source on Google



Source link

Continue Reading

Dallas, TX

Dallas Mavericks Part Ways With Jason Kidd

Published

on

Dallas Mavericks Part Ways With Jason Kidd


Masai Ujiri is making his presence felt with the Dallas Mavericks already.

The team’s new president parted ways with head coach Jason Kidd, the franchise announced Tuesday evening.

Kidd had four years and more than $40 million remaining on his contract, per ESPN’s Shams Charania.

Advertisement

“Jason has had a meaningful impact on the Dallas Mavericks, both as a Hall of Fame player and as the head coach who helped lead this franchise back to the NBA Finals,” Ujiri said in a statement. “We are thankful for Jason’s leadership, his professionalism and his commitment to the team. In my short time here, I’ve developed an enormous amount of respect for what he has built. He will always be an important part of the Mavericks family.”

Kidd, 53, won an NBA championship with the team as a player (2011). He coached the Mavericks for five seasons, taking the team to the Western Conference Finals in 2022 and the NBA Finals in 2024. Dallas finished 26-56 this season.

“As we evaluate the future of our basketball program, we believe this is the right moment for a new direction for our team,” Ujiri said. “We have high expectations for this franchise and a responsibility to build a basketball organization capable of sustained championship contention. We will conduct a thorough, disciplined search for our next head coach and continue to evaluate our entire basketball operations staff to ensure we compete at the standard Mavs fans expect and deserve.”

Former Dallas GM Nico Harrison traded Luka Doncic at the deadline in 2025 in what is considered by many among the worst trades in NBA history, if not the worst.

The Mavericks then proceeded to win the NBA Draft Lottery and earned the right to draft Duke star Cooper Flagg last summer. Flagg, who enjoyed a close relationship with Kidd, went on to win NBA Rookie of the Year honors.

Advertisement

Harrison was fired last November and the Mavericks finished 26-56 this past season while dealing with a slew of injuries, including to Kyrie Irving (ACL) and Dereck Lively II (foot surgery).

The Mavericks own the No. 9 and 30 picks in this summer’s NBA Draft.



Source link

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending