Dallas, TX
After deadly crash, loved one questions suspect’s actions at scene
New arrest documents show an alleged drunk driver tried to flee the scene after a crash that killed two men in Dallas early Sunday morning.
Dallas police arrested 22-year-old Isaac Chacon and charged him with two counts of intoxication manslaughter and two counts of collision involving death. Investigators say he collided with another vehicle at Military Parkway and North Jim Miller Road just before 2 a.m.
One man died at the scene. Another died after being taken to a nearby hospital.
“I don’t think somebody should have lost their life for the price of an Uber. Just don’t drink and drive,” Monique Dawson said.
Dawson’s boyfriend, Orinthius Deante Brown, was one of the victims. She said they had been together for more than a decade.
A day after his death, Dawson reflected on their last conversation and one she wished they had.
“If you love somebody, talk to them because you never know when it’s going to be the last time. When I woke up Sunday morning, I had a couple of missed calls from him, and I just brushed it off like, I’ll just talk to him later. We’re gonna spend all day together. I don’t know if I’d be on the phone with him all day. I’m busy cooking and tired. I’m gonna talk to him next time, and it’s never going to be a next time. It’s never gonna be a next time, that’s it,” she said.
Dawson said Brown was a father of three who often helped others.
According to an arrest affidavit, Chacon tried to flee immediately after the crash, but witnesses detained him until police arrived.
“What if instead of trying to run away, he ran toward the people he hit and tried to help?” Dawson said.
Dawson said anything less than life behind bars would not provide justice for the victims’ loved ones.
“That was my person, and now he’s gone,” she said.
Dallas, TX
Ranking the top 10 players on the Cowboys’ 2026 roster: #8 Tyler Booker
Just a little over a week stands between the Dallas Cowboys and the start of 2026 OTAs. While the offseason has not fully come to an end, Dallas and the other 31 NFL franchises have made almost all of the significant moves they will make before the start of training camp.
Dallas’ roster looks significantly different from what it did at this time last year, particularly on the defensive side of the ball. With that thought in mind, today we continue our series ranking the top 10 players on the Cowboys roster for the 2026 season.
2025 Recap: It’s no secret the Cowboys love drafting talented offensive linemen in the first round. Dallas stayed true to this pattern in 2025, using another premium selection to once again upgrade the unit.
As we all know, the Cowboys decided on Tyler Booker out of Alabama. The selection came with a bit of a mixed reaction. Some believed Dallas was investing too much premium capital in the offensive line with other positions of need, but others were thrilled about Booker’s NFL projection and what he could add to the Cowboys’ offense.
Flash forward a year, and those who were excited about the Booker pick are looking very right. The Alabama product had a fantastic rookie year, starting 14 games and looking like the next potential star at right guard. Booker finished the year with the seventh-highest (76.8) run blocking grade in the league, and his 72.0 overall offensive grade was just a little over one point behind Pro-Bowler Tyler Smith (73.5).
Booker was a force to be reckoned with in the run game and made a clear impact on Dallas’ ability to run the ball to the right side. While pass protection was not as strong as his work in the run game, Booker was nothing close to a liability. The rookie allowed only three sacks and went five of the final six games of the regular season without being called for a penalty.
2026 Preview: After such a great start to his NFL career, expectations are sky high for Booker in year two. With Tyler Smith already locked up long-term, the Cowboys could be looking at having the best guard duo in the league in the coming years.
It’s hard to believe, but Booker is still only just 22-years-old. As he matures both physically and mentally, he is likely only going to sharpen his craft and become an even better player than he was during his rookie year.
The Cowboys have plenty of talent on their roster, but Booker is more than deserving of the eighth spot in these rankings. It’s not easy for rookie offensive linemen to come in and seamlessly transition to playing at the next level, but that is exactly what Booker did. He made the Cowboys look very smart for selecting him 12th overall, and if he can stay healthy, he should have no problem making his first Pro Bowl and potentially All-Pro team this upcoming season.
Prediction: Tyler Booker builds upon his impressive rookie year, starting all 17 regular-season games and making his first Pro Bowl.
Dallas, TX
Dallas felon arrested after allegedly shooting 14-year-old inside vacant Pleasant Grove home
DALLAS – A 14-year-old who lives in Pleasant Grove is at a children’s hospital recovering after he was struck by a shotgun round.
The injured teen was shot about a quarter mile away from his home. Police say the teenager ran while bleeding in his home, where his family called 911 frantic to get him to a hospital.
Felon arrested after teen shot in Pleasant Grove
What we know:
66-year-ikd Victor Burnett is facing multiple aggravated assault charges and also unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon.
It’s the latest in a lengthy arrest history for Burnett in Dallas County.
Burnett is accused of shooting two teens who were inside a vacant home in Pleasant Grove on Tuesday evening around 7pm.
Police say a 14-year-old boy was struck and ran back home on Godfrey Avenue. His 15-year-old friend took off in a different direction across the family’s front porch, and was caught on RING video.
Witness photo and flock cameras lead to suspect
Dig deeper:
A second call to police came in from a witness, stating they saw Burnett with a shotgun getting into a green Dodge pick-up truck parked in the grass field.
This witness is key in the investigation, taking a picture of Burnett’s license plate before he took off.
Flagged by a flock camera just a few miles away, Burnett was then taken into custody of Jim Miller Road.
Suspect claims teens were trespassing
What they’re saying:
According to Burnett’s arrest warrant affidavit, he told police, “juveniles were constantly breaking into vacant/unoccupied new-built homes.”
The 15-year-old, who was not shot, admitted to police they were inside the vacant house and said, “Burnett entered the home, and then they heard a gunshot.”
Thats when “they together jumped out of one of the windows of the bedrooms and ran together and that is when his friend was shot.”
Relationship with Victor Burnett
What’s next:
FOX 4 checked out the vacant home on Thursday and multiple windows were damaged, one clearly with a bullet marker from police.
Also, outside the new build, cameras and a sign that says ‘No Trespassing’, in the middle of construction, are being built by Robbie Hale Homes. The builder told FOX 4 over the phone on Thursday, that Burnett isn’t employed at the company, but confirmed he has been contracted out to mow lawns or provide security.
The suspect, Victor Burnet, was brought back to police headquarters. A quick search by police, and they learned he’d been convicted of sexual assault and therefore is not permitted by law to own a firearm.
Police say they found a shotgun and a stolen pistol in his truck.
The Source: Information in this article was provided by FOX 4’s Peyton Yager.
Dallas, TX
3 Dallas Cowboys UDFAs Who Could Steal a Spot on 53-Man Roster
OTAs will begin for the Dallas Cowboys on June 1 and will run through June 11. Mandatory minicamp will begin shortly after that, with the team working out from June 16-20. Training camp will follow in late July, which is when the fight for a spot on the 53-man roster will really heat up.
Dallas made some big changes on the defensive side of the ball this offseason, which will make for some interesting position battles. There will also be a few areas on offense where someone can steal a spot at the bottom of the depth chart. That said, here are three undrafted free agents to keep an eye on as they attempt to steal a spot on the 53-man roster.
Tommy Dunn Jr., DT
Cowboys On SI writer Mike Moraitis recently noted that Dallas signed three defensive linemen as undrafted free agents, proving that defensive coordinator Christian Parker wants to create more competition there. One player to keep an eye on is Tommy Dunn Jr. out of Kansas.
Listed at 6-foot-3 and 305 pounds, Dunn is a developmental nose tackle prospect known for his ability to defend the run. His main competition will be second-year player Jay Toia, but since Toia was drafted under the previous defensive staff, the two will have a fair battle on their hands.
Langston Patterson, LB
Linebacker remains one of the thinnest spots on the Dallas roster. Their starters at inside linebacker are DeMarvion Overshown and Dee Winters. Behind them, the Cowboys have rookie third-round pick Jaishawn Barham and second-year linebackers Shemar James and Justin Barron.
There’s a possibility they add another veteran to the mix, especially given Overshown’s injury history. They could also stick with their current group, which would give Langston Patterson a realistic shot of making the team.
The 6-foot-1, 235-pound Patterson isn’t considered a great coverage linebacker, but he has a nose for the ball in the run game. He could also stand out as a special teams ace, which might be his best path to a roster spot.
Michael Trigg, TE
Entering his fourth season in the NFL, Luke Schoonmaker is considered a potential cut candidate. The 2023 second-round pick hasn’t established himself as a consistent threat, which leaves the door open for Michael Trigg to steal a spot.
Trigg played for USC and Ole Miss before finally hitting his stride with Baylor. In 2025, he recorded 694 yards and six touchdowns on 50 receptions. He boasts a massive catch radius and could be used as a vertical threat. Trigg has the best shot out of all UDFAs at making the team and could wind up being a long-term player in the NFL.
— Sign up for the Cowboys Daily Digest newsletter for more free coverage from Dallas Cowboys on SI —
Follow
-
News17 minutes agoDrive slower, go electric, don’t drive at all? The best options for saving gas
-
Los Angeles, Ca2 hours agoMiley Cyrus to receive star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
-
Detroit, MI2 hours agoGrading Jack Campbell Detroit Lions Contract Extension
-
San Francisco, CA2 hours agoHeadlines, May 22 – Streetsblog San Francisco
-
Dallas, TX3 hours agoRanking the top 10 players on the Cowboys’ 2026 roster: #8 Tyler Booker
-
Miami, FL3 hours agoFecal bacteria risk at South Florida beach prompts health warning ahead of busy Memorial Day weekend
-
Boston, MA3 hours agoDorchester shooting leaves young man dead
-
Denver, CO3 hours agoAgency releases claim on $5 million of $7.5 million owed for new Broncos stadium