Connect with us

Midwest

Self-identified Antifa member arrested after allegedly threatening ICE agents, DOJ says

Published

on

Self-identified Antifa member arrested after allegedly threatening ICE agents, DOJ says

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

A Minnesota man who self-identifies as an Antifa member was arrested Thursday after allegedly making violent threats against U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents, the Department of Justice said.

Kyle Wagner, 37, of Minneapolis, is accused in a criminal complaint of using social media in January to encourage assaults on federal law enforcement officers and threaten ICE agents.

The DOJ said Wagner had urged followers to confront and attack ICE officers, referred to agents as “murderers” and the “gestapo” and at times called for armed violence against them.

“Anywhere we have an opportunity to get our hands on them, we need to put our hands on them,” he allegedly said. “We want to know who they are. We will identify every single one of them and we will prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law. If it has to be done at the barrel of a gun, then let us have a little f—— fun.”

Advertisement

CRIMINAL ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT ALLEGEDLY RAMS ICE VEHICLE IN MINNESOTA AS ATTACKS ON AGENTS SURGE

Kyle Wagner was arrested by federal agents on Thursday, Feb. 5, 2026. (U.S. Department of Justice)

Prosecutors also allege that Wagner, who was arrested on federal threat and cyberstalking charges, used his Instagram account to post personal identifying information about a pro-ICE individual online and later admitted the address belonged to the victim’s parents.

“It’s no surprise that an Antifa terrorist is allegedly threatening to kill and assault federal law enforcement officers as they dutifully remove criminal threats from neighborhoods,” said Deputy Attorney General Todd Blanche. 

“After all, this is what Antifa is about, lawlessness and violence. But under the leadership of President Trump and Attorney General Bondi, there is no safe haven for terrorists and no protection from the full weight of justice,” he added.

Advertisement

WEST VIRGINIA MAN ALLEGEDLY THREATENED TO KILL TRUMP SUPPORTERS, ICE AGENTS IN ONLINE VIDEOS: REPORT

Kyle Wagner was arrested by federal agents on Thursday, Feb. 5, 2026. (U.S. Department of Justice)

Wagner is expected to make his initial appearance in federal court Thursday.

“We know that a ‘worthless man plots evil, and his speech is like a scorching fire.’ And Wagner’s alleged actions were an attempt to spread fire into our peaceful community. That is not going to happen,” said U.S. Attorney Jerome Gorgon Jr.

Kyle Wagner posted a call to action for protesters following the death of Alex Pretti, who was killed by a Border Patrol agent. (Instagram/kaos.follows and Arthur Maiorella/Anadolu via Getty Images)

Advertisement

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

Fox News Digital previously reported that Wagner was on the run and removed his remaining social media accounts Monday afternoon, while a Venmo account linked to donations was no longer accessible.

Fox News’ Adam Sabes contributed to this report.

Read the full article from Here

Midwest

DNA breakthrough closes 30-year-old cold case in brutal 1993 rape and murder

Published

on

DNA breakthrough closes 30-year-old cold case in brutal 1993 rape and murder

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

A man who raped, stabbed and murdered a 19-year-old Indianapolis woman more than 30 years ago was sentenced to 45 years in prison on Friday, closing a decades-old cold case.

Advertisement

Dana Shepherd, 53, was sentenced to 45 years in prison on Friday, after signing a plea deal last month admitting to the killing of Carmen Van Huss, local outlets reported, ending a decades-old cold case.

“While no passage of time can ever heal the unimaginable loss Carmen’s family has endured, we are grateful to secure a murder conviction more than 30 years after this heinous crime,” Marion County Prosecutor Ryan Mears said in a statement. “Our hope is that this resolution brings a measure of justice and peace to her loved ones, after three decades of waiting for answers.”

Van Huss was murdered in 1993 at the age of 19 after she was raped and stabbed 61 times by a man who broke into her apartment, FOX 59 reported.

‘TIMES SQUARE KILLER’ USED FAKE POLICE BADGE TO MURDER 18-YEAR-OLD NURSING STUDENT: DEATHBED CONFESSION

Dana Shepherd was sentenced to 45 years in prison in connection with the 1993 rape and murder of 19-year-old Carmen Van Huss, closing a decades-old cold case. (FOX 59)

Advertisement

According to the outlet, Van Huss’ body was found by her father, and police said she was lying in a large pool of blood. There were signs of a struggle, police said, including a knocked over table and scattered objects.

More than 30 years after the killing, Missouri police arrested Shepherd and extradited him to Indianapolis to face charges of murder and rape with deadly force, the outlet said.

Shepherd — who was 20 years old at the time of the murder — wasn’t connected to the investigation until DNA testing tied him to the case.

FBI SOLVES ‘COLONIAL PARKWAY’ MURDERS THANKS TO NEW TECHNOLOGY, BUREAU SAYS

Carmen Van Huss, 19, was raped and stabbed to death in her Indianapolis apartment in 1993. (FOX 59)

Advertisement

Shepherd was arrested in August 2024 in Columbia, Missouri, and after being extradited to Indianapolis, was scheduled to go to trial next week until a plea agreement was filed Tuesday, where Shepherd admitted to the murder charge. The additional charges were dismissed.

FOX 59 reported that Shepherd had a criminal history in Indiana before committing the murder, including charges for battery and public intoxication. After 1993, he was also charged in Missouri with stealing, disturbing the peace and driving without a license.

The Van Huss family released a statement reacting to the sentencing.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

Dana Shepherd was sentenced to 45 years in prison for the 1993 rape and murder of 19-year-old Carmen Van Huss.

Advertisement

“While this plea deal was not our first choice, we are grateful that after 33 years the man responsible for Carmen’s brutal rape and murder is finally being held accountable,” the family stated.

“For decades, the perpetrator was able to live a normal life after taking that right away from Carmen and from our family. Nothing can undo that loss or erase the injustice of him living freely for so long, but we are thankful that the truth has finally come to light and that he has not escaped justice.”

Read the full article from Here

Continue Reading

Detroit, MI

Popular Detroit food truck opens first dine-in location in Oakland County

Published

on

Popular Detroit food truck opens first dine-in location in Oakland County


MADISON HEIGHTS, Mich. – Detroit 75 Kitchen, the popular food truck, is opening its first dine-in location in Oakland County this week.

The new dine-in location, at 32275 Stephenson Highway, officially opens on Friday, Feb. 20, according to a release.

Chef Mike and his brother, Ahmad Nassar, launched Detroit 75 Kitchen from a food trailer parked at their family’s truck stop on Fort Street near the Ambassador Bridge. Originally focused on feeding truck drivers and nearby workers, the operation quickly gained a following.

The brothers later tested demand with a pop-up at the former Sears Auto Center near Oakland Mall. After seeing strong community support, they decided to open a permanent restaurant in Madison Heights.

Advertisement

“Madison Heights is exactly where we want to be,” said Ahmad Nassar, co-owner of Detroit 75 Kitchen. “We started by feeding truck drivers—people who want real food at a fair price. We’re not trying to be a destination restaurant where you visit once for Instagram. We want to be the place you stop for lunch, on your way home from work, where you know the staff and they know your order. That’s what a neighborhood sandwich shop should be.”

The new restaurant represents a $1.5 million investment and will employ 25 full-time team members.

The space features a bright retro-diner design with terrazzo-style floors, mid-century-inspired finishes and unique touches like recycled Faygo pop bottles embedded in tabletops. The walls display awards, memorabilia from Detroit sporting events and art celebrating Detroit’s food culture.

A seasonal patio is expected to open later this spring.

The grand opening aligns with the first Friday of Lent, which is typically one of the business’s busiest times of year, according to the release.

Advertisement

During Lent, the new Madison Heights location will offer a daily seafood menu featuring its Fisher Fwy. Fish sandwich in catfish, haddock and Lake Erie walleye varieties, along with fish and chips and a shrimp po’ boy. Additional Lent specials are also planned.

The brand was previously named one of the Top 3 Food Trucks in the U.S. and also ranked among the Top 100 Restaurants in the country by US Weekly.

The dine-in restaurant is located at 32275 Stephenson Highway. It will be open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday. The restaurant will be closed on Sundays.

Copyright 2026 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit – All rights reserved.



Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Milwaukee, WI

Friday Fish Fry Blog Week 1: Kidd O’Shea visits Pitch’s in Milwaukee

Published

on

Friday Fish Fry Blog Week 1: Kidd O’Shea visits Pitch’s in Milwaukee


Each week, a member of TMJ4’s staff goes to a local fish fry destination and reviews their product. This week, Community Correspondent and Traffic Anchor Kidd O’Shea visited Pitch’s in Milwaukee:

Friday night fish fry with my parents and my partner Kyle at Pitch’s Lounge and Restaurant on Humboldt might have just set a new standard for me in Milwaukee.

Previous Fish Fry Blogs:

We started with a drink at the bar, and before we even ordered, we overheard two different people recommending the pan-fried perch. That was all we needed to hear — decision made. Great call. The perch was perfectly cooked, lightly crisp on the outside, tender and flaky inside, and they give you a really nice portion of fish. At $20.95, it feels like a solid value for the quality and size.

Advertisement

TMJ4

I went classic with my sides — hashbrowns and coleslaw — and added a cup of the clam chowder, which was rich and comforting without being overly heavy. A bread basket comes for the table (always appreciated), and you can even upgrade to a full sourdough loaf for an extra $5 if you want to go all in.

IMG_6625.jpg

TMJ4

Kidd O’Shea enjoying his Friday fish fry at Pitch’s in Milwaukee.

Jimmy took great care of us at the bar, and Susan, one of the waitresses, mentioned she watches TMJ4 News Today every morning — which made it feel even more like home.

IMG_6623.jpg

TMJ4

Advertisement
A peek at the Pitch’s menu.

It was so good I forgot to take a picture until I was halfway through.

Great food, generous portions, warm service, and that unbeatable Milwaukee Friday fish fry vibe.

Pitch’s is located at 1801 N. Humboldt Ave., Milwaukee. Visit their website here.


Let’s talk:

Hey there! At TMJ4 News, we’re all about listening to our audience and tackling the stuff that really matters to you. Got a story idea, tip, or just want to chat about this piece? Hit us up using the form below. For more ways to get in touch, head over to tmj4.com/tips.

Advertisement

It’s about time to watch on your time. Stream local news and weather 24/7 by searching for “TMJ4” on your device.

Available for download on Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, and more.


Report a typo or error





Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending