Connect with us

Midwest

'Masterful shapeshifter' Walz gets pointed message from Minnesota voters at state fair booth

Published

on

'Masterful shapeshifter' Walz gets pointed message from Minnesota voters at state fair booth

The Minnesota State Fair is in full swing this week, with attendees seen lining up outside a popular anti-Tim Walz booth to win “Never Walz” prizes after the Gopher State governor ascended to the second spot on the 2024 Democratic presidential ticket. 

“Never Walz,” reads a massive sign on a booth at the state fair, which has attracted long lines of people waiting to receive “Never Walz” fans and T-shirts, Fox News Digital has learned. 

The booth was set up by conservative nonprofit Action 4 Liberty MN, which allows attendees of the nation’s second-largest state fair to spin a wheel to win “Never Walz” signage and apparel. 

“Our amazing supporters spin the wheel for a chance at a free T-shirt and a ‘Never Walz’ fan. We’re a nonprofit organization that promotes liberty by exposing the RINOs and Leftists when they betray liberty, and we work to mobilize our grassroots army of supporters and train them on how to wield their individual political power as effectively as possible,” Action 4 Liberty leader and former Republican Minnesota state Rep. Erik Mortensen told Fox News Digital on Tuesday. 

The Minnesota State Fair, which kicked off on Saturday and will run through Labor Day weekend, is anticipated to attract 2 million visitors. The “Never Walz” booth is a hot attraction on the fairgrounds, with Mortensen saying that even though they aren’t selling famed fair food, “our lines have been longer than most of the food booths.”

Advertisement

WALZ FACED ANOTHER ACCUSATION OF MISREPRESENTATION IN UNEARTHED, BLISTERING LETTER: ‘REMOVE ANY REFERENCE’

A crowd waiting in line outside the “Never Walz” booth set up at the Minnesota State Fair. (Action 4 Liberty MN )

Walz is currently serving his second term as governor of the Gopher State, after serving in Congress representing Minnesota from 2007-2019. 

Mortensen, who served in the Minnesota House of Representatives from 2021 to last year, is on Action 4 Liberty’s leadership team and explained that the grassroots group has long been spotlighting how Walz has “destroyed our state.”

FLASHBACK: OBAMA WAS ONE OF EARLIEST BIG-NAME DEMS TO ENDORSE WALZ AT DAWN OF HIS POLITICAL CAREER

Advertisement

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz speaks during a campaign event on Aug. 7, 2024, in Detroit. (Andrew Harnik/Getty Images)

“Action 4 Liberty has been leading the effort in MN for years in exposing Gov. Walz’s thirst for power. In 2021, our state fair booth was themed ‘Never Again’ referring to Walz’ unconstitutional lockdowns, mask mandates and vaccine mandates. The booth was used to promote my ‘Never Again’ bill that would remove the governor’s ability to unilaterally declare an emergency and anoint himself the ‘King of MN.’ We Minnesotans know Walz best. He pretends to be some folksy Midwesterner, but he’s a thin-skinned, power-drunk tyrant that has destroyed our state and has repeatedly violated Minnesotan’s liberties,” Mortensen said when asked about the motivation and history behind the booth. 

TIM WALZ SLAMMED AS ‘POLITICAL CHAMELEON’ AFTER DITCHING FORMER PRO-SECOND AMENDMENT STANCE

A “Never Walz” fan that attendees of the Minnesota State Fair can win. (Action 4 Liberty MN )

Videos spreading across social media show long lines of supporters waiting for their chance to spin the “Never Walz” wheel, with Mortensen saying attendees’ response to the booth has been “overwhelming.”

Advertisement

“The state fair representatives and police officers driving the state fair have repeatedly had to ask us to get our line out of the road and get closer to the curb,” he said. 

“Most people in line tell us, ‘I’ve been trying to find your booth all day long.’”

TRUMP CAMP SAYS HARRIS-WALZ ‘DANGEROUSLY LIBERAL’ TICKET IS ‘EVERY AMERICAN’S NIGHTMARE’

Walz moved to the second spot on the Democratic Party’s presidential ticket earlier this month, when Vice President Kamala Harris named him as her running mate. Harris became the party’s nominee after President Biden bowed out of the race last month amid mounting concern over his mental acuity and 81 years of age. 

A line of people wait to spin the wheel at the “Never Walz” booth at the Minnesota State Fair. (Action 4 Liberty MN )

Advertisement

Walz joined his party in Chicago last week for the DNC, where he officially accepted the nomination to run alongside Harris, and invoked his Midwestern, veteran and teaching background as he rallied support at the convention. 

“Growing up in a small town like that, you learn how to take care of each other. That family down the road, they may not think like you do, they may not pray like you do. They may not love like you do. But they’re your neighbors. And you look out for them. And they look out for you. Everybody belongs. And everybody has a responsibility to contribute,” he said of his childhood in Nebraska before moving to Minnesota. 

“For me, it was serving in the Army National Guard. I joined up two days after my 17th birthday, and I proudly wore our nation’s uniform for 24 years. My dad, a Korean War-era Army veteran, died of lung cancer a couple of years later. He left behind a mountain of medical debt. Thank God for Social Security survivor benefits.”

The “Never Walz” booth set up at the Minnesota State Fair. (Action 4 Liberty MN )

Mortensen did not mince words in comments to Fox Digital about Walz’s track record in Minnesota, slamming him as a “masterful shapeshifter” who “morphs into whatever image he feels he must to increase his political position.”

Advertisement

“Walz has signed legislation to strip parents of parental rights if they refuse to allow their minor children to get sex change surgeries.  Walz signed the most extreme abortion bill into law that has NO limits on abortion. Because of Walz, 13-year-old girls can now get taxpayer-funded, late-term abortions in Minnesota without even telling their parents,” Mortensen said of Walz’s record. 

VAN JONES: WALZ NEEDS TO ADMIT HE EXAGGERATED MILITARY RECORD SO DEMS CAN ‘MOVE ON’

Mortensen said that if elected, Walz “rules with an iron fist and seeks to destroy liberties all with a goofy smile on his face.” 

Minnesota Governor Tim Walz takes the stage at the Democratic National Convention in Chicago on Aug. 21, 2024. (Reuters/Mike Segar)

“Gov. Walz is a dictatorial tyrant that has an insatiable appetite for power. He has made a living amassing that power by being a shapeshifting politician that creates a character he believes will successfully pull the wool over the eyes of voters just long enough to get elected,” he said. 

Advertisement

Fox News Digital reached out to the Harris-Walz campaign for comment on the booth and Mortensen’s comments, but did not immediately receive a reply. 

Get the latest updates from the 2024 campaign trail, exclusive interviews and more at our Fox News Digital election hub.

Read the full article from Here

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Wisconsin

UW-Oshkosh ROTC program to shift to Wisconsin National Guard leadership

Published

on

UW-Oshkosh ROTC program to shift to Wisconsin National Guard leadership


APPLETON (WLUK) — Over 50 members of the Fox Valley Battalion took part in a training exercise in Plamann Park Thursday afternoon.

The ROTC program encompasses five universities in the area: UW-Oshkosh, St. Norbert College, UW-Green Bay, Marion University and Ripon College.

“Getting a chance to do our weekly, what we call ‘leadership laboratory training.’ So, the process of ROTC is all about developing future leaders for the United States Army, so what we’re doing today is developing leadership through a tactical setting,” said Lt. Col. Jon Doiron, who leads the ROTC group.

It’s the last remaining in Northeast Wisconsin.

Advertisement

In 2025, the program faced closure from the U.S. Army before being picked up under Marquette University’s program. Now, it’s making changes again.

“UW-Oshkosh is going to transition from an active duty, Army-run organization, to a Wisconsin Army National Guard-run organization. It will take a slight step down in its size, in its current stature,” Doiron explained.

The transition is set to take place before the fall semester.

The program saw an enrollment bump when it was announced it was staying in the area.

Currently, we have 53 enrolled and participating students in Army ROTC, which is great because that’s an increase from last semester of about 19 students.

Doiron told FOX 11 the universities are working on ways to help with the continued growth of the program. That includes improved transportation from UW-Oshkosh and UW-Green Bay for their weekly training exercises.

Advertisement

The Fox Valley Battalion will continue their training sessions at Plamann Park every Thursday through April 16. There will be signs posted for those looking to avoid the area.



Source link

Continue Reading

Midwest

Homan tells Minnesota leaders to say ‘thank you’ instead of demanding reimbursement as ICE operation ends

Published

on

Homan tells Minnesota leaders to say ‘thank you’ instead of demanding reimbursement as ICE operation ends

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Border czar Tom Homan said Minnesota leaders should be grateful that the Trump administration made their state safer after some called on the federal government to reimburse damages they claim were caused during immigration enforcement operations.

A lot of things were broken, but it wasn’t because of Trump administration,” Homan said Sunday on “Fox & Friends Weekend.”

“The border — last four years, over 10 million illegal immigrants crossed that border. That was broken. Where were they then? Did Gov. Walz speak out against that, with the overdose deaths and the sex trafficking and… terrorists? No.”

TRUMP DEFENDS MINNEAPOLIS FEDERAL ENFORCEMENT, SAYS CRIME PLUNGED AFTER ‘THOUSANDS OF CRIMINALS’ REMOVED

Advertisement

Border czar Tom Homan pushed back on requests for federal funds made by Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz and Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey. (Steve Karnowski/AP Photo; Go Nakamura/Reuters; Annabelle Gordon/Reuters)

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz and Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey publicly requested federal funds after what they described as the major economic impact of recent immigration enforcement operations, while Homan argued the mission was a “great success” that made Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) arrests safer and reduced sanctuary-style barriers to cooperation.

Frey claimed his city sustained “$203 million in economic impact in just January alone.”

“And so we’re calling on the federal government to fully step up, to provide direct financial assistance to our city,” he said at a press conference.

Federal agents prepare to depart the Bishop Henry Whipple Federal Building on Feb. 4, 2026, in Minneapolis, Minnesota, after border czar Tom Homan announced that 700 immigration enforcement personnel would be withdrawn from the state amid the winding down of Operation Metro Surge. (John Moore/Getty Images)

Advertisement

TRUMP’S OPERATION METRO SURGE LOCATED 3,000 MISSING MIGRANT CHILDREN IN MINNEAPOLIS, EMMER SAYS

Walz said the federal government needed “to pay for what they broke.” He proposed a $10 million emergency relief package for small businesses across the state affected by the Trump administration’s immigration crackdown.

The proposal calls for forgivable loans ranging from $2,500 to $25,000 to be distributed to eligible businesses that are able to demonstrate “substantial revenue loss” during “specified dates” tied to Operation Metro Surge.

Homan argued that Democrats “broke the border” and President Donald Trump repaired it, adding that Minnesota refused to work with ICE because it is a “sanctuary state.”

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

Advertisement

“Their county jails weren’t working with us across the state. So, you know what? We fixed it. They ought to be saying thank you. The state’s safer because of that,” he said, adding that ICE agents are also much safer making arrests in a jail than on the street.

The border czar also pointed to “over 4,000 arrests,” including “14 illegal aliens with homicide convictions, [and] 87 [with] sexual assaults, mostly of children.”

Fox News Digital’s Michael Sinkewicz contributed to this report.

Read the full article from Here

Continue Reading

Detroit, MI

Man attacked with hammer before 3 men found dead in Detroit home; person of interest sought

Published

on

Man attacked with hammer before 3 men found dead in Detroit home; person of interest sought


DETROIT – Police are searching for a person of interest after three men were found dead inside a Southwest Detroit home in what investigators described as a brutal attack

The investigation began around 12:45 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 18, when officers responded to a missing person call. That missing person was later identified as one of the men found dead inside the home on Edsel Street, near Francis Avenue.

When officers arrived, they encountered a surviving witness who told police he had been struck twice in the back of the head with a hammer at the home the day before, according to Detroit Police Assistant Chief Charles Fitzgerald, who provided an update on the case on Thursday afternoon. At that point, he left the location and returned to the home later. You can watch the full police update in the video at the top of this article.

After entering the residence, officers discovered the bodies of three men.

Advertisement

Police said the oldest victim was 72 years old. The other two victims were 66 and 65. One of the men was the primary resident of the home. All three men had prior criminal records.

Investigators said all three victims suffered blunt force trauma, and each had stab wounds. They were found in the basement, covered in “old dirty clothing,” and one of the men was found covered in a carpet and old clothing, according to police.

“It was a brutal scene inside,” Fitzgerald said. “Just awful.”

Police are waiting for autopsies from the Wayne County Medical Examiner’s Office to determine the exact causes of death. Police believe the killings occurred sometime between Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning.

Authorities are searching for a man described as approximately 31 to 32 years old, between 5 feet 5 inches and 5 feet 7 inches tall, with dreadlocks. The surviving witness told investigators the attack appeared to involve a single suspect.

Advertisement

Police have not established a motive yet, and said it is unknown what links the person of interest to the victims at this time.

While there has been speculation about possible drug activity, police said there is currently no evidence confirming that.

Officials noted that the resident was known to allow multiple people into the residence, but stressed that the investigation remains ongoing.

Anyone with information is urged to contact the Detroit Police Department at 313-596-2200 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-Speak Up.

Police say they will continue to release updates as more information becomes available.

Advertisement

Copyright 2026 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit – All rights reserved.



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending